• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Post Workout carb sources : Not your typical one, that has been Beaten to the ground

_Aj

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Currently I am doing a Modiefied NHE diet, By modiefied I mean that I take in carbs post workout, and still incorporate refeeds.

Now I usually take in oatmeal, after a workout but what are some other good choices to have that would suffice. Would Brown rice, yams, even potatoes do the trick.

Basicially I am trying to eat reallly naturally with the exception of the whey, all other food sources are going to come from veggies clean protein, and a mixture of fats.

Originally posted by _Aj
Currently I am doing a Modiefied NHE diet, By modiefied I mean that I take in carbs post workout, and still incorporate refeeds.

Now I usually take in oatmeal, after a workout but what are some other good choices to have that would suffice. Would Brown rice, yams, even potatoes do the trick.

Basicially I am trying to eat reallly naturally with the exception of the whey, all other food sources are going to come from veggies clean protein, and a mixture of fats.
Of course, brown rice, oats, sweet potatoes, legumes etc. those would all work with the NHE plan for post w/o.

I only use 1 meal with whey and carbs then the meal after is usually protein and veggies and a small amt. of efa's coming from fish, or sometimes I switch it up using olive oil.

Now another question, without starting a new thread. I have read the carb cycling thread and refeeds. How vital is it to follow these quidlines, as far as adding fat and fruit. I was under the impression that fructose is bad, coming mainly from a CKD point of view. I have no problem with cals either as I can eat alot, sometimes too much.

And how long should refeeds last in duration. If I was to do 2 meals how should I space them out. Thanks in Advance.

I am basicially trying to modify the Nhe for optimal results, but the pricipals are there.

Well it all depends on what plan your following. What do you want to do, a diet with refeeds or carb cycling.

The small piece of fruit is to refill liver glycogen. Regular carbs to refill muscle stores

I mainly use carbs at specific times (Training) then I incorporate 1 or 2 refeeds a weak, to refill glycogen and replenish Leptin. The Rest of the time its Protein and either Some fats or veggies or fats and veggies, enough to meet my daily requirements. I have used this for cutting with okay results, what slowed my prgress is some of my refeeds contain too many cals (close to 5000)

But I plan to start bulking with this type of diet. As soon as I can afford all the meat.

are you trying to bulk or cut what are your goals. more so its all about more caloires in vs caloires burnedf. 5,000 caloires is a little high IMO i would do 20-30 % over maintaince and you may get better results. How are your carbs arranged ? IMO complex starchy low glycemic carbs need to be taken in breakfast, preworkout, post 1 then 1.5 hours later in post 2 then p/f out side of this. you only need to refeed if your caloires are below maintence other wise you are risking extra fat storage. I'm with you whole food is way to go I feel so much better and actually have a sense of saiety from eating vs sucking down drinks

Post to make people think about constant low carb diets and it does make sense. !!

Final thought: low carb diets are dangerous and can screw you up. In the short term great, fat burning. But too long and your insulin resistance increases as your body adapts. I know, im a type I diabetic, i know exactly how much insulin i have everyday. I probably have less now than i did when i was on 100g carbs a day....and they say insulin makes you fat. Only if you have an excess and too many calories. I now will never advocate ketogenic diets, they can potentially risk your muscle mass if not done properly. Losing weight can only be done slowly, and the same goes for building mass. Bulking/cutting phases just throw your body into too much of a yo-yo. Better to cut back slightly and push up calories slowly, monitoring BF% and weight all the time. That way you can manipulate your metabolism all you want.

Originally posted by hardasnails1973
Post to make people think about constant low carb diets and it does make sense. !!

Final thought: low carb diets are dangerous and can screw you up. In the short term great, fat burning. But too long and your insulin resistance increases as your body adapts. I know, im a type I diabetic, i know exactly how much insulin i have everyday. I probably have less now than i did when i was on 100g carbs a day....and they say insulin makes you fat. Only if you have an excess and too many calories. I now will never advocate ketogenic diets, they can potentially risk your muscle mass if not done properly. Losing weight can only be done slowly, and the same goes for building mass. Bulking/cutting phases just throw your body into too much of a yo-yo. Better to cut back slightly and push up calories slowly, monitoring BF% and weight all the time. That way you can manipulate your metabolism all you want.

Very well said
:thumb:

Good Post HardasNails.

I know that 5,000 cals was too much for a refeed. And really that is what held back my progress. I guess my goal it too slowly bulk, but more so for optimal health. I am using a preety clean diet overall. The reason that CHO, don't agree with me is mainly due to satiety. I eat too many, hense the 5,000 cal refeeds. I can eat 4 cups of measured uncooked oatmeal and still think of food. There are also certain fats that trigger this effect for me which now I avoid, all nuts in general. I know it comes down to self control but my brain switches off at those times and really even though I don't like what I am doing at that time I don't give a
sh!t.

Hence the EFA's, vegetable and protein diet. It works for me as far as control. I do take oatmeal post always sometimes pre, but I find more energy in my workouts if I have p/f meal 2 hrs b4 and whey shake immediatley b4 training.

I don't care about being in ketosis, although when I cut cals I am more to up my fats. Other than that I am trying to gain muscle and lose fat, slowly but surely.

Originally posted by Jodi
Well it all depends on what plan your following. What do you want to do, a diet with refeeds or carb cycling.

The small piece of fruit is to refill liver glycogen. Regular carbs to refill muscle stores

just 1 fruit can refill liver glycogen?

IML Gear Cream!
Depends on how, depleted it is. Generally I wouldn't think so.

Back