• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

apple juice

Juices are not low gi.

both are very healthy !

Healthy? perhaps that depends on what you are looking for. But on a cut, apple juice is not something you should be drinking:)

Fruits is too generic, green apples good, red apples "bad."

why the freak are red apples "BAD" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IML Gear Cream!
apples a great, especially for a cut......I really don't believe that the color matter.

Also good are grapefruits and strawberries.

I don't feel fruit juices are healthy at all because they are nothing but squeezed out sugar, minus the fiber. I can't remember the last time I drank a glass of OJ or apple juice, cutting or bulking.....has to have been a couple years???

i eat a green apple and a bananna or 2 each day

i also drink orange juice at breakfast and a smoothie in the afternoon

IMO this is fine when cutting

fruit IS healthy (fact!) apparently you need 5-6 portions of fruit a day

for some reason some ppl on here say its bad, if so plz explain why.... if not i'll choose to keep eating my fruit :)

And please tell me how lean are you?

Banana's, smoothies, milk, juice??? These are unheard of items on a cut. :rolleyes: You must be fortunate to have a screaming metabolism as most of us don't and could not get away with such items while doing a true cut.

No YoungD

Originally posted by donescobar2000
In all do honesty I go by cals in cals out. Shit works for me. I say screw the glycemic index.

it does, but when you're talking about getting very lean and maintaining LBM it gets a bit more complex, especially if you're a natural lifter (male) trying to get to 4-6% bf.

Originally posted by Mudge
Fruits is too generic, green apples good, red apples "bad."

Yeah I've never heard this before. Where did you get that from?

IML Gear Cream!
12.2% atm

look i see no problem with a bananna, that is fruit and great for a quick energy boost before/after training

smoothies/juice are another source of fruit and vitamins, and a good alternative to water, i'd rather drink those than any other alternatives, such as alcohol, pepsi, coke, sprite, sunny d and all that almoast every other 19 yr old i know drinks

and plz tell me how milk will make me fat? that is just ludicrous! i don't c how switching milk and oats to water and oats will make any real difference to my progress

look its the 1st cut i've done..... if i must cut out smoothies and orange juice (for whatever reasons that i don't understand, but you obviously do) fair enough, i won't buy them again until my cut is over

as for milk with my oats i'm going to keep that for the moment, and i could cut out banannas but i don't really want to

i'm starting to get really hungry now i've cut my carbs down! and i'm gonna cut my fruit down too! am I meant to get REALLY hungry on a cut?

I think you are missing the point here. Your body can not decide which sugar is from fruit or which is from a can of soda....all it knows is SUGAR!!! Whether it be fructose, sucrose, dextrose or what ever.

If you eat an orange your body senses the sugar and it releases insulin....It does not pause for a momenet and say "Here is sugar, Oh waite a minute it is sugar from an orange so don't worry about it." It simply doesn't work that way. Insulin is released whether it be a can of coke a bananna or a smoothie. The name of the game is insulin control and these things don't really help you out in that department.

Calories in Calories out is a good way to look at dieting. It is a great approach for the normal population that have no interest in some soort of competition because it is simple and it is, in most cases, something that you can stick with. Now, like Prince stated earlier, If you are dieting (ie pre contest dieting) then that whole approach goes out the window because there are other issues involved here.

Youngd, there is nothing wrong with fruit, as far as 5 servings a day i would say hell no, the food pyramid (which is way out date) is way off base here. As a normal person at 12% BF you can handle an apple or a bananna once or maybe twice a day. If you really want to take your BF level down, maybe about sub 8-9%, you may have to re-evaluate your thinking in order to hit this goal..

Originally posted by derekisdman
Yeah I've never heard this before. Where did you get that from?

Sugars hit the blood stream too quickly, if you look at honey different types have different GI indexes as well.

Originally posted by P-funk
It simply doesn't work that way. Insulin is released whether it be a can of coke a bananna or a smoothie.

Yes but at least on a small level you can regulate how much is released. I like yogurt and stuff like that, but its sugar and I dont react well to it when trying to cut. For me its low carbs, brown rice or oats, I put honey on my oats and thats it for carb sources other than my cheat day.

Right, I failed to mention that adding fiber, fat or protein to a meal will regulate the amount of insulin being released.

so if i have a apple or bananna i should have it with a meal?

maybe orange juice with breakfast i can get away with?

okay i'm cutting them out anyways

i'm having a apple at lunch, a bananna pre weights workout/sports

thats all the sugars i'm having

i'm having 1 portion of oats in the morning and 1 portion of either brown rice/wholewheat pasta/sweet potatos with my evening meal (which is normally after a weights workout)

everything else i eat is meat, whey or salad!

damm where would i be without this site :) thanks for the help, i learn so much on here, sorry if i ask the odd dumb question

The way I always think about it is:

Regular, healthy diet: Natural sugars (ie. fruit), milk, etc. = GOOD due to vitamins and minerals they contain.

Competition cutting diet: Sugars (even fruit), Milk = BAD due to fat storage potential and blood sugar alteration.

...But this should be a temporary thing for 12-16 weeks or however long you are cutting for. It should not be permanent.

I too think it depends a lot on the persons metabolism, and how low bf the person wants to get.

There is nothing wrong with drinking milk on a cut, or having fruit, if timed properly and in moderation Fruit Juices are sugary, therefore not the best choice. HOWEVER, if you have a juicer, its much better for you, as you get the fiber, vitamins and not as much sugar.

Everything in moderation, some in less moderation than others :D

no fruits at all during cut? what carbs are good for only for cut?

It is silly for anyone to say one particular food is bad for you on a cut, except for obvious junk foods, there are so many factors involved and without knowing all these factors you can't give people the advice that X food is bad.

Back