• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bread...

Katia7

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Sorry guys, I'm askig A LOT of questions today.

What's the difference between 100% whole wheat bread and Ezakiel (spell?) bread? When it comes to fat loss, does it matter which one to have?

Also low carb bread... what's that made out of and is that one better/worse then the other 2?

Well i have never hear of any of them but just stick too WW bread and your fine.

Many people have wheat allergies and most don't know. I prefer 100% whole grain bread. Arnold makes a good low carb whole grain bread. Only 9G per slice and its yummy :grin: The more fiber the better when it comes to picking out a bread ;)

Stoneground bread is good :)

Ezekiel bread has other grains included like barley,millet,rice and rye and a few seeds,the quality is decent.But if you can get it,Essene is the best Ivé ever had.It's like cake without the garbage.Excellent! Like Jodi said some people have allergies to wheat, so possibly a mix is more compatible with the system, and a wider variety of nutrients.

best bread is bread made at home with ingredients you actually can identify, and its not complicated to make !

I use a low-carb bread that's only 3g carbs per slice, 4g protein and 3.5g fat...it doesn't taste so much like conventional bread as it does seitan/wheat gluten, but I love the taste of gluten, so it works for me...Ezekiel bread is GOOD...I think either of these choices trumps whole wheat bread, but at the same time if you're not dilligently watching calories I don't think it really matters...

Peace.

So when it comes to fat loss why is Ezekiel bread a better choice then whole wheat when whole wheat has less cals then Ezekiel?

I would assume it's lower GI, more nutritious and slower-burning than whole wheat bread because of the range of whole grains?

Peace.

IML Gear Cream!
Cals are not the issue. Its what the bread contains. I don't like the taste of Ezekiel bread personally. Thats why I go with 100% whole grain and it has more fiber which is a good thing.

Hasn't anyone had Essene bread? I agree with Big,best bread is homemade if you have the time.
The whole grain breads from Germany are really nice too_Of course on high carb days only and only one meal as TP suggests.

How are you doing on carb cycling anyway?

I can't wait to have bread again. :banana:

Hi Jodi, The carb cycling seems to be really helping my body burn fat better and adding an overall strength-well being.I'm doing a high-no-low-no for now.I do find the high days a bit too heavy and can't eat quite so much.I usually do a cup or two of carbs at carb meals.
I also think that reducing the Olive Oil intake has helped,although I still do low cheese every few days.
Anyway I feel much closer to normal on the carbs rather than the super low carb high protein diet.
I'm doing about 2,500-3,000 cals per day,250-300 g's protein,eating 5-6 times.
Oh and occassionally a cheat day,meaning a few chips and salsa or a Taco.Can't resist.
Sorry Jodi don't think about that.Good luck in Vegas,keep us posted. Thanks and Aloha! :)

Good, I'm glad its going well. The carbs take time to get use to but once you do, :eek: Look Out!! :)

I'm not competing in Vegas!!! :funny: :laugh: Thats for the pro's.
My competition was last weekend. :)

So how did it go with your comp?? And Hey! Next stop Vegas ,right? Why not? Go for it Babe.
Yea the carbs grow on you,don't they? The hard part is keeping it tight and not getting too loose with junk carbs on the high days.It's easy to rationalise and just eat the others- you know.
But it's not so bad when you know the next day is a NO.Anyway I think it's a very interesting concept that Tp has and I definitely look forward to his follow up articles.Cool stuff!
It's great to off the Atkins type starvation diet of always feeling the void.

Oh and Yes Ivé been dreaming about bread for along time also.Now I can actually eat the stuff sometimes.Fantastic!:)

Pics are in my gallery. :) I didn't do too bad considering 1st comp and the competitors were mostly from Fitness America. 7th ouf of 12 :shrug: Don't count on seeing me any pro shows :laugh:

TP is coming out with another article soon ;)

Lookin good Jod,Nice tone,cut and mass.In fact you look really cut.Great back etc.Keep it up girl! Whatever your doing is workin for sure.Now I have total faith in carb cycling.Cool!

Back