• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What's the latest time I should eat?

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is the latest time that I should eat and what should my last meal be? :confused:

If it's a shake will just protein powder do or should I have it with oats:confused:

:thumb:

Right before bed. Your body is about to go without for for 6-8 hours. You still need to repair muscle and feed your body during that sleep time. Your body doesn't shut down.

I like cottage cheese because of casein. It digests slower than whey and you could have a T. of Natty PB to go with it to help slow down the digestion even more. :D

my protein powder is a mix of aminos' soya, casein and whey is that any good>?

Sure and if you want to use that for your last meal great, just make sure to add a fat source to help slow down digestion.

Natty PB, Flax, Fish Oil any EFA will do nicely.

Did you read the thread on EFA's in the Sticky Guide to Dieting? If not, please do so. :D

What so blend PB in with the powder?

Yeah, natural PB :lick:

I always want to have some PB in the middle of the night.. but I don't know how only PB would effect my plan

IML Gear Cream!
Food can inhibit and can even nullify the release of growth hormone during sleep. The last time you should eat is about 2 hours before bed.

The idea that high protein diets build muscle is a myth.
Your money, your body, your health.

Muscles need protein, however digestion is slowed at night as the gut goes "to sleep" and is actually considered nearly a second brain.

Problem is bodybuilders believe one thing, dieticians say another and doctors have their own opinion. Bodybuilders usually believe what they read. And what they read is usually written by a bodybuilder with a medical degree. Whether that person is telling the truth or blowing the truth out of proportion is another.

Point well taken O Horned One.

The thing is , humans are essentially lazy. The majority of people want that magic, miracle pill. They want big results, Now! Few are ready to put in the necessary effort to train or to educate themselves.

If there was a shortcut and if all these pills and potions worked do you think that 65% of the adult population would be obese?

Slimy business people know this and prey on this laziness and ignorance. The supplement industry is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. Most of the fitness and bodybuilding mags are just fronts for companies that sell supplements.

Our ancestors were in far greater shape than we are and it seems unlikely that they consumed creatine or ripped fuel theromogenic drinks.

There are few things with as much misinformation, disinformation and fraud as the fitness industry. Caveat Emptor.

It isn't very exciting but eating sensibly and exercising are all that's needed. The rest is just smoke and mirrors. Those of you that are in this for the right reasons already know this.

Later

Our ancestors were in far greater shape than we are and it seems unlikely that they consumed creatine or ripped fuel theromogenic drinks.

I won't argue with anything but this. The average life expectancy of humans in going back only to the 1800's was 45. This was due mainly from diseases but regardless 45 was the average. I wouldn't consider that era of time healthier and the futher back you go the lower that age goes down. Now when you say healthy I'd like to know where you get that fact from because photos and historical documentation described many of our famous historians as being overweight. Cleopatra for example was short and fat and the lovely portait that hollywood portrays was a lie to sell a movie. Still love Liz though. hahaha

We're talking about eating here. The question was when the last time you should eat. Well, that depends. I eat right before bed almost every night...this is because I am trying to grow and because if I go ten freakin' hours without eating (which would what you are suggesting) my body would not be living up to its potential to build muscle...it would be in a completely catabolic state, NOT promoting muscle growth. And, where is your facts to back any of this up? high P diets building muscle a myth?

freeman eat,,, just make the right choices ,, cottage cheese with some pb,,protein shake with pb,, egg whites ,, peice of chicken breast some celery,, make something convenient that is not high in carbs moderate in fat( good fats) n high in protein

Originally posted by TheGreatSatan
Problem is bodybuilders believe one thing, dieticians say another and doctors have their own opinion. Bodybuilders usually believe what they read. And what they read is usually written by a bodybuilder with a medical degree.

If and when someone can build over 20" arms with 50g of protein a day, then maybe people will change thier minds. Until then I see no proof here or anywhere that USRDA is enough, I know that I proved to myself that 1g per pound was not enough. Meat is made of protein, carbohydrates dont build meat.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey Mudge, is size all that matters?

If you eat too many calories your body will just as easily convert them to fat whether they're derived from a carb or a protein source. Alot of people have large arms but it's often due more to fat than it is to muscle.

Many body builders consume large amounts of protein with the hope of gaining muscle mass. Protein often contains saturated fat. So you may get 20 inch arms but you may also get clogged arteries. We musn't forget that the heart is our #1 muscle. Without it your 350lb bench means nothing.

And don't forget that eating too much protein can cause kidney problems.

If you absolutely must have your king kong doses of protein I would suggest you get it from tuna which is alot cheaper and more nutritious than Whey or Soy powder.

If any of you are interested I could post a homemade protein shake recipe. It has about 20 g of protein. At least you will know what's in it. Let me know.

I'm pretty sure no one minds:)

Originally posted by naturalguy
Oh, I have so much to say on this subject................however I am not allowed to voice my opinoin for fear of telling the truth......I mean going against the mod's.:yell:
Thats bullshit and you know it.

Originally posted by vanity
Hey Mudge, is size all that matters?

I'm not Mudge, but yes...in many cases size does matter. Your words apply more to the general population that just want to "stay in shape" Some of us are not satisfied with being like the AVERAGE person.

And don't forget that eating too much protein can cause kidney problems.

This is just some of the propaganda we read all the time about large amounts of protein. Kidney strain can easily be avoided and is not do the excessive protein. BTW, define kidney problems please. As for some protein being high is sat fat, that too has a simple solution, don't overdo the sources high in sat fat. Not very difficult, just required a little education.

Originally posted by Freeman
shit, I'm thinking of waking up in the middle of the night to have another little snack (like cottage cheese or a shake or chicken breast).

FF cottage cheese, 2 tbsp. natural PB, cinnamon, and splenda tastes fucking incredible! :thumb:

That's what I do man. Have a shake before bed and I also drink a TON of water. Enough water to cause me to need to wake up and go wizz. My powder is already in the shaker so just add the water. Try to do this without turning on any bright lights. The lights may make it harder to get to sleep again. IsoPure zero carbs is good for this. I spoon of flax as a chaser may not hurt either.

Back