• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

wide grip pullups

swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well, i tried to do 3 sets of 8 with my own bodyweight wg pullups and i could only do 5 reps for 1 set. so i decided to go and do lat pulldowns to the front. could anyone help me on how i can do wg pullups and do more of them?

You could take a stool and put it under the bar, stand on the stool put your hands in the normal pullup position, get above the bar, bend your knees so your feet do not touch the stool, lower yourself down as slow as possible. Once you reach the bottom, repeat this. Go really slow and you will feel it.

why not just keep doing it with low reps til you eventually get better at? don't be embarrassed.. just do them.. you'll be able to do more and more as the weeks pass.. i'm sure when i started, i sucked at them but then all of a sudden, it got easy.. now i can do like 10 for my 3rd set when i couldn't even do 10 for my 1st before

if you have to use help, do like mindless said or use the assisted pullup machine.. but i would def recommend pulls over lat pulldown

When I was younger and starting out I could only do about 8 pull ups at a time. I was determined to do pull ups for reps so here is what I did.......Every time I came in to train back I would start by walking over to the pull up bar and doing 50 reps of wide grip pull ups for as many sets as it took.....even if that ment I had to do 50 one rep sets!! After awhile I got stronger and stronger to the point where I now need to add weight to myself to do pull ups.

Back