• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anybody ever...........?

Jim1954

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Have you ever been working out alone, doing bench presses and found yourself with the bar on your chest, unable to move it?
It happened to me once when I was working out in my garage. I attempted to roll the bar down to hips and then get it on top of my thighs, then stand up. But I encountered one problem, some how I got my thumb stuck under the bar when I got it to my abs, which left me stuck. Had to yell to my wife who was in the house to help me.

Anybody else done anything this stupid while training?:laugh:

I wouldn't laugh, training alone can be very dangerous, specially with free weights.

I use machines mostly, but when I did free weights I always made sure I didn't put myself in a risky situation, and I had a partner back then, so...

I've just seen a lot of dumb injuries in the gym.

That happened to me once, but I tipped the bar over and laid one end on the floor. I heard of a guy who died because the weight fell on his neck, but I don't know if it really fell or if he just couldn't lift it. Seems to me that the easiest way to deal with it is to do what I did, but now that I think of it, half of my neck might have gotten crushed doing it my way. Luckily, I wasn't inclined and I think I was able to do about 10 reps, so it wasn't that heavy.

I don't think weight benches without those low safety supports for the bar should be legal.

Originally posted by Mex
training alone can be very dangerous, specially with free eights.
wow..this comment is so uneducated...i don't even want to start explaining why free weights are one of the best tools a bb has..maybe Prince or GoPro or GR can do it for me..right now i don't feel like being teacher

Last time I was doing declines with 225, so I did a situp, then stood up and dropped the bar. It was a finisher set and I was beat.

I did this once, some guy noticed right away and pulled it off me. We both had a good laugh.

Originally posted by oaktownboy
wow..this comment is so uneducated...i don't even want to start explaining why free weights are one of the best tools a bb has..maybe Prince or GoPro or GR can do it for me..right now i don't feel like being teacher

maybe u should re-read placing emphasis where it should be training alone
can be VERY dangerous, its not a case/thread of free weights vs. machines!!!

duhhhhh :finger:

forgot to ask oaktownm r u a teen???
I take back my remark if you are, sonny

Originally posted by icekool
forgot to ask oaktownm r u a teen???
I take back my remark if you are, sonny

ahh,the student becomes the teacher. lol

training alone is not dangerous Grandpa

IML Gear Cream!
u just can't max out

Zane trained alone all the time..read up

Originally posted by odin52
ahh,the student becomes the teacher. lol
if u dissing me, then u obviously don't know nearly as much as u think u do:finger: :D

dude, change that fuckin sig. waaay too big.

I would recommend getting a Power Rack or at the very least a bench with safety spotters if you want to train solo safely.

I think you should read the entire statement, and understand it, before you tell someone they are wrong in such a way. My comment is as much of a dis as you want to make of it. By the way I train alone all the time, I just use dumbbells so they don't get stuck on my chest.

little Oaktownwusboy

check out the great big pics in little oakys replies, that confirms all, you know

"please give me attention because my mom is busy in the kitchen, but dont look at my acne, until i grow up a bit, oh mummy is my protein shake ready!?"

:finger:

i've gotten stuck on bench.. rolled it off.. yeah, oaktown, fix your sig

At least their are those who are willing to admit they can make stupid and dangerous mistakes. This happened to me quite a few years ago.
Yes, O-boy free weights can be dangerous if you don't use safety precautions!

On another note, it's funny how people get on the internet and pretend to be something their not.
Must be a self-esteem issue.:laugh:

Grandpa

well, I for one fucing well broke the main floor boards in my living room just the other day, went down low on some squats and couldnt get back up, real panic, must have stayed stuck there for a good few seconds before ejecting the weights (only around 120kg so thought it would be ok to do some higher reps/lighter, away from the rack, simply to avoid going down the gym due to time constraint).

I am so lucky not to have snapped my spine or close, now I have to get a frigging carpenter round.

IML Gear Cream!
icekool,

My squat rack is outside, the bar sits on two angled pipes that are slanted, if I fall forward the pipe will catch the weight, if I need to drop it off my back, it just hits the dirt. When I'm done I don't rerack the weight, simply drop it off my back. (don't want to leave it racked with the grandkids around)

Yes HEAVY free weight training can be very dangerous with a single bar loaded.That's why I use DB's if I have to I drop em.I once had a loaded bar come down on my face doing inclines,no more Thanks.
Don't get me wrong,I use primarily free weights but get a spot if needed.Actually all weight lifting can be dangerous if too heavy or incorrect.And yes people do sometimes die.

Jim1954,
good thinking there.

i just cannot believe how dumb I can be after so many years, you'd think that one would learn better, but in my case, nope.............serves me right,

kdwa1

agree with your comments, hope the 'face drop' wasn't too bad, sounds horrendous.

I train alone @ home and only use dumbells for chest presses. I did see a movie once where this football player was on roids big time and was training alone and had like 400 on the bench and dropped it to his neck and choked himself. It was a horrible movie by the way.

Hard to drop it on your neck though, pretty unrealistic. If thats the movie that has roid users running around out of control raping people its a POS movie.

Originally posted by Mudge
Hard to drop it on your neck though, pretty unrealistic. If thats the movie that has roid users running around out of control raping people its a POS movie.
What's a POS movie??

once again training alone is not dangerous...u just can't max out

wow..this comment is so uneducated...i don't even want to start explaining why free weights are one of the best tools a bb has..

And the award for "Missing the point entirely" goes to... :rolleyes:

Fine, train alone with intensity.

Edit: I was going to start an argument but it's not worth it :D

Originally posted by heeholler
What's a POS movie??

POS = Piece Of Sh!t.

Originally posted by Mudge

Oh, no arguement there. As I said it was a horrible movie. Subsitute part 3 I think it was...Don't quote me on that. It was some made for tv junk piece. Ah ha, found it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197924/maindetails

HAHA, the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197924/trailers-screenplay-E11843-13-2 :lol:

Back