• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Thumb and Bench 2 (with Arnold)

Chck out the bar bending in the squat pic. Sweet!

What is it with the barefeet?

That guy was just a monster!!

Theres no other way to describe those pics than inspiring and just plain awesome. Looks like I've got more working out to do:D

Awesome pictures

what is a suicide grip?

most of those pics are from his encyclopedia....

...he said he used to use barefeet cuz it not only kept him cooler while working out, but it also helped his balance by feeling the ground on the sole of his feet, not having his feet and ankles moving around unstably in sneakers.........

Its been covered several times already, look at the first picture, that is a suicide grip. Where the fear a person has is that with the thumb not on the other side of the bar that somehow you will drop it and kill yourself.

A few years ago, friend of mine was benching 285 (as a warm up :rolleyes: ) using the suicide grip. The bar slipped and it landed on his chest, fracturing his sternum. Bummer, eh? I still use that grip though.

Originally posted by Flex
but it also helped his balance by feeling the ground on the sole of his feet, not having his feet and ankles moving around unstably in sneakers.........

yeah, but arch support is pretty important, and with good shoes your will have balance and stability.

IML Gear Cream!
thats a suicide grip? that's the only grip i've ever used........

i think the most impressive pic is the one where he's incline benching outside in front of the crowd. you see just how big his ribcage/sternum/chest/back is compared to his tiny waist. INCREDIBLE.

Originally posted by Prince
yeah, but arch support is pretty important, and with good shoes your will have balance and stability.

i hate shoes sometimes while lifting. i'd never take them off of course, but they are a pain sometimes. for instance when doing legs or calves, they have to be supertight or your feet move around inside of them.

Originally posted by Flex
i think the most impressive pic is the one where he's incline benching outside in front of the crowd. you see just how big his ribcage/sternum/chest/back is compared to his tiny waist. INCREDIBLE.

Yep, I like to look in the mirror for a few reps on the incline.

i thought the most impressive pict was in the pict with him with the gymnastics rings, his chest looks massive

glad i got such good response from starting this thread as well as the first thumb and bench. My reply is to the feet thing. My old trainer and i even saw Hulk Hogan wearing these once in the ring (like 2 years ago i wanna say) wearing these shoes called "otomix". There with no soul and supposed to be good for balance. Have ya'll heard of these or wear them?

Otomix have a bottom that I've seen but they are very flexible yes with a thin bottom and flexible upper. Race car driver shoes are very similar, for the ultimate in feedback.

My exact words Mudge. I was going to make the same coment about race car drivers and the shoes they wear.

They are very comfortable and you feel more in touch with the ground. much better balance for training, but not ideal for running or any kind of cross training.

Back