• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New and needing some serious advice

pumpedup

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello

Very new to working out, and trying to build mass, strength and tote a good six pack.

I am 6' - 182 lbs. with probably 15-20%BF in my mid 30's

I have trimmed about 10-15 bs. of fat off in the last few months, think I might have lost some muscle along the way too.

Still have a little gut and love handles.

I now belong to a gym, have been doing some cardio. work and looking to get into the weights.

I tried the bench press, first time in many years....almost embarrising I am weak.. somewhere around 150 lbs.

As you can tell I have got to kick it up a notch or three.

I don't have a good routine and or diet. I am trying to read as much as I can on diet. Know I need the protein.

Has anyone been where I am at? or have any suggestions as to building muscle. Do I need to use supplements? (Protein powders-what kind, creatine???)

Thanks & sorry for the lenghty post

We have all been where you are at some point in our lives.

This whole process is complicated but simple.

You have taken the most important step by starting to work out and watch your eating and by logging onto this site.

Keep reading. Keep a regular schedule in the gym. Eat well. Good things will happen.

Oh yeah. It is an ongoing process too. There is too much info to soak it up overnight and there is new info coming out on a regular basis. New supps, etc.

Eat well. Train hard. Look great.

eat 6 meals a day. Keep a good diet. Make sure u have the proper protein carbs and fats. Stay away from Junk food. Eat tuna, chicken, apples, string beans, etc. If u take a protein shake get whey protein bran names are ur choice read try and pick one. I personally like optimum. And I add some flax seed oil to it. Also lots of water, I go thru water like there's no tomorrow. Don't over work your muscles make sure you get a good pump. Try working on your form rather that the weight, with time comes strength. Get atleat 3 sets from 8-10 reps or10-12 reps. Try 8-10 for a month then 10-12 and see which ur body responds to better. And read read read.

Remember it took awhile to get your body where it was it doesnt change over night with the right diet and training ull do fine.

Kevin

Thanks for the word.

I feel like in just the week or two since I have been working I can tell a little difference.

I have read about the cutting and loading phases. Not sure where I should be?

Take the rest of my BF off down to the low teens or just eat and try and work the fat off.

Got to get a set of BF calipers, hopefully this weekend. WalMart and local pharmacy doesn't carry the calipers. I guess I will try GNC or ???.

Anyone got suggestions about supplements let me know.

Thanks again

Research creatine and glutamine (how to use them) and then use them.

Just get organized, do some research on certain lifts, and do it all correct. Good diet... etc...

goodluck

pumpedup:

Build a foundation 1st. For now think about gaining some muscle. Worry about your love handles later.

Dieting and Mass-building don't mix.

I dont think supplements should be your first priority, dont worry about creatine yet, just get yourself some protein powder and some maltidextrin, and use it either as a meal replacement when you dont get time to eat or/and a post-workout protein shake.

With weight training/diet/cardio your gut and love handles will go away. Create a weights program and keep a log book with you all the time, i prefer staying in the 6-8 rep range with compound movements and 8-12 for others. Make sure youre always moving up either in weights, reps or sets, but make sure to always keep your form right.
When i started working out, although nobody else noticed, i began noticing results right away, which kept me motivated and still does.

Back