• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

More reps or more sets

HoldDaMayo

Just call me Mayo
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Single exercise...

what's the advantage to each? let's try and limit this to upper body lifts only... I don't want to get too in detail into legs...

not exactly sure what you mean.. for size and strength, low reps is best.. you don't need a ton of sets if you're doin things right.. i stay 4-6 reps sometimes 4-8.. and i get about 9 sets for big muscles and 6 sets for small

Most everything I do upper body wise is relatively low rep. Exceptions would be, dumbell laterals, rear laterals, shoulder shrugs and upright rows, forearms, and neck work.

Generically speaking everything else is going to be somewhere around 5-10 reps.

Upper body for me is low rep/heavy weight.

What's the best number of sets/reps for an intermediate "fitness" seeker? <-- fitness seeker, heh I love the way I talk!!

3 sets...8-10 reps...low weight

Originally posted by nectron101
What's the best number of sets/reps for an intermediate "fitness" seeker? <-- fitness seeker, heh I love the way I talk!!

For what bodypart, intermediate should mean you dont ask these question I think :D

It really depends who you ask, I would like to consider myself somewhere in the intermediate world. If you look at Muscle and Fitness' definition, I believe intermediate is 20" arms.

This is like, when is it appropriate to use instinctive training - if you have to ask the question, then dont.

I would not doubt many people still stick to the same every other day bench press and curl routines for 6 months.

Originally posted by Mudge
It really depends who you ask, I would like to consider myself somewhere in the intermediate world. If you look at Muscle and Fitness' definition, I believe intermediate is 20" arms.

This is like, when is it appropriate to use instinctive training - if you have to ask the question, then dont.

I would not doubt many people still stick to the same every other day bench press and curl routines for 6 months.
I gotta tell you mudge, it's hard to take your comments seriously with that big purple thing repeatedly slapping his ass. That's too funny!:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Puerto Rican hippo.

Its quite erotic actually, yes its the belly.

I am also curious. I am looking to gain mass, and I know that I should be doing 4-8 reps, but how many sets should I be doing? I have been doing 3 sets up until now, but someone told me 8 or 9 sets is best. Any advice?

How many sets for what? Back? Chest? Biceps?

Everything. I dont know how many sets to do for any muscles.

Originally posted by Mudge

man! you know what? maybe my genetics are just terrible but there are guys at my old high school who train like that and still get results.. albeit, they have chicken legs and thin backs but still.. i feel my routine is solid and my diet as well but these guys are huge.. i can still lift more than them but they seem so big

Back