• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Know what I hate...

Dale Mabry

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
1)When I am using the 100s on a bench directly in front of where I took them from and some douche bag puts the 15s in that spot.

2)People who do curls or shrugs right in front of the rack so I can't access any of the weights in a 2 foot square around where they stand.

3)When people bury 10lbs plates behind three 45s

4)When you are nowhere near someone else or anything they would need and they still managed to bump into you.

5)When you are doing flyes or rear delt reaises and people feel the need to stand about 1 foot from you.

6)Assholes who leave 6 100 lbs plates on the leg press machine.

That's it so far, this all happened in the past 2 days so I imagine that I will come up with more.

Originally posted by Dale Mabry

Sorry, I would have left all 10, but I needed the other 4 for lunges. :p

yeah bro i have never been to a gym with 100 plates...u must go to a "real" gym

7) the guys who scream during their sets (most of them aren't even moving much weight, either..)

8) the management is playing light music crap during the day 'to not offend the older customers'..
Sorry, I go to World's Gym..you know..big fuqqin gorilla as their mascot? I don't wanna listen to Celine Dione...I want Metalica...hard core, fast beat, inspiring music!

Burner, don't forget the guy walking around with a towel around his neck that never bothers to wipe the grease off the bench he just got up from.

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
1)When I am using the 100s on a bench directly in front of where I took them from and some douche bag puts the 15s in that spot.

2)People who do curls or shrugs right in front of the rack so I can't access any of the weights in a 2 foot square around where they stand.

4)When you are nowhere near someone else or anything they would need and they still managed to bump into you.

5)When you are doing flyes or rear delt reaises and people feel the need to stand about 1 foot from you.

That's it so far, this all happened in the past 2 days so I imagine that I will come up with more.

:thumb:

Let me add one more:

7.) You leave your machine/bench to get a drink and when you come back someone has decided it's now theirs!

Re: Re: Know what I hate...

Originally posted by Prince
:thumb:

Let me add one more:

7.) You leave your machine/bench to get a drink and when you come back someone has decided it's now theirs!
yeah....I could see how someone could think that you were done when you left the bar loaded and your log book next to it..
:D

Originally posted by Burner02
7) the guys who scream during their sets (most of them aren't even moving much weight, either..)

8) the management is playing light music crap during the day 'to not offend the older customers'..
Sorry, I go to World's Gym..you know..big fuqqin gorilla as their mascot? I don't wanna listen to Celine Dione...I want Metalica...hard core, fast beat, inspiring music!

Exactly. I mean, that screaming, and that light pop music just shrinks the nads doesn't it? :mad:

IML Gear Cream!
Holy crap, that happened yesterday, but I didn't go to get a drink, I went to grab another set of dumbbells. I was gone for like 3 seconds.

i feel ya on that one... lol wtf is purpose of that bullshit?!?!

I got another one...

9)A single person askes to work in. After you say yes, he waves his 3 buddies on over and they camp out on your equipment.

Grunting to a certain extent is annoying. I am still pretty weak compared to most of you guys and at the end of a set or when I'm doing a really heavy set I grunt otherwise it doesn't feel rite. As if something is holding me back from putting up something I know I can. But its only once in a while.

10. While waiting to get a drink the person drinking stops, decides to read all the flyers, and starts to stretch right there at the fountain while you wait to get a drink...

bleh... anyone ever seen a suplex performed on an old man in his 70's?

11. When you are using a bench and you get up to get a drink of water and someone is on your bench before you are done and the worst part is after they finish a set they sit there and they do not move until they are completely done, then when you think there done they sit there until there buddy comes over so he or she can have the bench.

12. When somebody is on the preacher machine and you ask how many sets they have left and they say 8 more wtf.

(at home) When i'm lifting (doing almost any exercise) and the cat comes and starts rubbing against me. I have to toss him outside.

Originally posted by derekisdman
(at home) When i'm lifting (doing almost any exercise) and the cat comes and starts rubbing against me. I have to toss him outside.

I have the same problem with my dogs, but they start licking the sweat off of my legs while I'm concentrating on a set. Very annoying.

While doing bench or whatever somebody impatiently asking you how many sets you have left and then them pacing back and forth waiting for you to get done!! This kind of stuff absolutely pisses me off.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm pretty easygoing, so not too much bothers me... except for the "screamers", who grunt, groan and yell thru every fucking rep! Sometimes it provides comic relief. Most of the time it is down right annoying.

While doing bench or whatever somebody impatiently asking you how many sets you have

YES im def there on that one. Id rather just stop and let them take over and wait till next time to do that muscle group..Seriously..Theres under pressure and theres UNDER PRESSURE..haha

I got another one..

(whatever number were on) The guys that are just plain bigger than me think they can just give me .005 of an inch of room. Especially when i was there first..Cmon you had to start somewhere ya know..

I think someone said that one but it pertains to the huge guys and the guys like me that are average..

Also this is just my luck but each day i go there focused on a certain muscle group like today - Biceps and Legs EVERY F-ing machine that I need is crowded hahaha everything else is open.

Hey Dale, I'm using suicide grip on bench now and I'm digging it, using it on the smith for delts too.

it's when you put your thumb on the same side of the bar as the rest of your finges, the reason it's caled suicide cause the bar can easily roll off your palm.

I do not recommend this grip becuase in order to keep the bar on your hand you have to cock your wrists back which puts a lot of unnecessary strain on them.

Ok, I know it then. I picked it up years ago at a gym. I have almost always used it when doing flat bench, but not with incline press. Main reason is, for some reason I am weaker on inclines than decline or flat. Dunno why. Must be that is a direction of force not used in everyday life.

Originally posted by Prince
it's when you put your thumb on the same side of the bar as the rest of your finges, the reason it's caled suicide cause the bar can easily roll off your palm.

I do not recommend this grip becuase in order to keep the bar on your hand you have to cock your wrists back which puts a lot of unnecessary strain on them.
that happened to a friend of mine. Just unracked 185 off the posts, the bar was bent or something, and come off his hands from full extension. The bar bounced off his chest, he was knocked to the ground and knocked out. I wasn't there, just heard about it. I uses a normal grip now..

I have big enough hands I dont think its a problem, so far its working ok, eh.

When your doing squats off the rack someone asks u can he join between sets, after u say yes u find out he's doing deadlifts and at a completely different weight so u have pull the bar and plates off between every set.

Not the best when your trying to recover from killer squats!!!!

when im working out alone and doing my last heavy set of bench, on my last rep im squeezing all I got and I know im going to make it and then some guys decides to spot me without being asked and practically lifts the weight for me.

Back