• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Senator Biden's Anti-Andro Bill: from usfa

BigTex

Everything's BIG in TEXAS
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware has a brand new proposed "Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2003." This bill would remove the words "promotes muscle growth" from the definition of an anabolic steroid, specifically exempt DHEA, and make a long list of prohormones into anabolic steroids. It specifically holds off on scheduling androstenedione until the FDA answers whether androstenedione is properly a dietary supplement (a bizarre twist, given that it was congressional attention to that particular compound that started this whole mess). To add insult to injury, it tells the U.S. Sentencing Commission to consider upping the punishments for steroid offenses (a boost for the War on Drugs). It also throws millions of tax dollars into education and surveys.

Senator Biden's bill was drafted without USFA input or support. The consumers and industry members of the USFA opposed legislation like this from the start, opposed it in every meeting we had on the Hill, and oppose it still. Presently, if prohormones are to be saved, I believe we need to focus more on grassroots support. The Olympia Expo will offer a great chance to reach a huge chunk of the fitness-minded public at the USFA booth.

Before panic sets in, please understand that this is a bill, not a law. It is a significant milestone, but is far from the end of the process. It may not be the final version of what may ultimately be voted upon by Congress. It may not pass, or it may pass with changes. The House is reportedly going to do hearings on prohormones in the fall or spring. If held, these hearings would take place before the bill was even called to a vote. You can still make a difference.

Ironically, the attack on supplements started because of ephedra. Now, ephedra remains legal while prohormones -- which aren't even alleged to be killing anyone -- are on the chopping block. The process has gone terribly astray due to self-serving politics, fund-hungry administrative agencies and special interests. Spread the word that another attack on adult personal freedoms is underway. Let your legislators know how you feel, especially Senators Biden and Hatch.

P.S.

I don't know if this info has already been discussed on this forum, so if it has forgive me.

I left out something else:
Senator Biden has finally introduced his new proposed Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 2003. It is S. 1780. Our Washington lobbyists sent the following message to me:

After close review of the new Biden bill that was dropped on October 23rd, 2003 the following memo is a quick review of the changes from the original draft.

· Substances Removed from the text:
(i) 13beta-ethyl-17beta-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one
(ii) delta 1-dihydrotestosterone (also called 17beta-hydroxy-5(Alpha)-Androst-1-en-3-one);
(iii) 1-dihydrotestosterone (17B-hydroxy-[5a]-androst-4-en-3-one);

· Substances Added to the text:
(i) 1-testosterone (17b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-3-one)
(ii) tetrahydrogestrinone (13b,17a-diethyl-17b-hydroxygon-4,9,11-trien-3-one)

· Substance names Altered in the text:
Before- 13B-ethyl-17B-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one
After- 18a-homo-17B-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one (13B-ethyl-17b-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one)

Before- stenbolone (17b-hydroxy-2a-methyl-[5a]-androst-1-en-3-one)
After- stenbolone (17b-hydroxy-2-methyl-[5a]-androst-1-en-3-one)

· There also has been some rearranging of the order and placement of product names.

· The prohibition on listing Androstenedione until the FDA reports on its legality to be marketed under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act is still in the bill.

So, to answer the question which no one seemed to answer about 1-test. Seeing as how it was not already on the steroid list, it must not be a steroid. Correct?

From what I understand 1-Test is an actual steroid. It's legal under the same act as prohormones, that indicates a steroidal nutrient can be sold legally if it is A) being that they have to be naturally occurring, B) being that they are currently not classified as Schedule III drugs and C) that they have not been previously pursued as a pharmaceutical prior to their production as a supplement.

It's a great product when it's not abused and used properly it's very beneficial.

Well, that sucks. How long does it stay in your system as far as testing is concerned??

MTN WARRIOR, what is it that you are concerned about? In about thirty minutes or so I will posting two seperate information that you and others may find helpful in deciding on what to take. I will also post the references. The first post will be about Andro and other Prohormones and the second about Testosterone Precursors just be patient and it will be posted shortly.

Dont want to piss hot. I didnt think it was a steroid, but a pro-steroid. But I guess if it isnt even Class III, then I shouldnt have anything to worry about.

MTN WARRIOR, I think you need to learn more about the product and it's effects before you purchase it.

Yah, like the marking and advertising schemes, deceptions and even the morons in here know whats in every product and agree whether its a steroid or not. I guarantee I could ask if a certain substance was a steroid, precursor, prohormone or less and I would get 100 different answers. So get off my ass. God forbid I seek info from the alfuckingmighty ones.

MTN WARRIOR, I didn't mean that in a negative way, it's just important to know what your buying, how it works, and what effects it has on the body. If I offended you I apologize.

IML Gear Cream!
The government wants to regulate everything.
A new take on an old quote :
-They came for the smokers, but I wasn't one, so I didn't care.
-Then they came for the SUV owners, but I wasn't one, no big deal.
-Then they came for the ph users, who care?
-Then they came for me, but there was no one left to stick up for me, damn!!
PS - Make sure you VOTE !!!

Since it is not schedule 3, they do not test for it, therefore you will not piss hot. Even if they wanted to test for it I do not believe they have the means to do so yet.

Thanks Dale. BTW it snowed about 2 inches last night in Essex

I can't wait to get up there.

Back