• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Serious Relationship

vanity

Carl Mccoy Wannabe
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Would you be able to have a serious relationship with someone that didn't work out?

I know I can't because exercise is such a big part of who I am and how I look at Life.

It's fun when you could share a healthy lifestyle with someone you love.

:cool:

I do. I mean, I only want to choke her half of the time.

No I don't think so...

although if i was with someone that i loved and then something happened that refrained them from training i would still love them and be with them.

Originally posted by TheGreatSatan
I do. I mean, I only want to choke her half of the time.

that's "half" funny..... :confused: ;)

"I think I did" to answer this question.

Sometimes a person that appears to be a dream is influenced by something later in life (alcohol, drugs, etc.) then, from there, ultimatums and heartbreaks start in.

gr81 ... great avi - Jordan rocks!

So ... you people are telling me that if you found someone with whom you clicked on every aspect except exercise, that you'd throw that away? I find that quite interesting.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by J'Bo
yes i would.

to each their own ... but I think you might be missing out on some great guys.

What would happen if you met someone who was going to the gym but after things got serious, decided that he didn't want to go to the gym for no other reason than he was sick of going. What would you do then, stop the relationship?

I've tried relationships with people who don't work out on a regular basis and they never seem to get it. Usually the partner that isn't physically active restricts the one who is by complaining about their workout time.

I will never again date someone who doesn't work out regularly.

Ironically enough, one of my exes is now a workout queen and is planning on competing next year! Funny how these things tend to rub off on people. :p

Originally posted by naturaltan

What would happen if you met someone who was going to the gym but after things got serious, decided that he didn't want to go to the gym for no other reason than he was sick of going. What would you do then, stop the relationship?

I strongly agree with you NT on this and it saddens me to know that some would terminate a relationship/marriage over things that alter their lives. If my "partner" was unable to workout due to health related issues, I'd STILL stand by her to the day of death!

DM...call it what you want...it really has nothing to do with being superficial...if i cant share my lifestyle with someone then we wouldnt enjoy the same things would we?

NT...perhaps i am however i probably wouldnt enjoy being with someone that wasnt active and so it wouldnt go that far...as far as someone not wanting to train in the gym after we have been together then thats fine however if they became lazy and inactive then no i wouldnt be able to handle that and yes i would break it off.

Call me superficial if you want, but it has nothing to do with the way a person looks it has to do with being healthy and active.

Originally posted by david
I strongly agree with you NT on this and it saddens me to know that some would terminate a relationship/marriage over things that alter their lives. If my "partner" was unable to workout due to health related issues, I'd STILL stand by her to the day of death!

I really hope that your not talking about me cause if so you should re-read my first post...if someone was unable to be active due to health reasons then NO i wouldnt leave them :rolleyes: however if they just became lazy and inactive then i would because we would never be able to spend time together.

What if you were married and they decided for NO other reason that to not workout? David ... you too, what if the reason was nothing other than "I don't want to anymore"

Again if they wanted to stop training in the gym? then fine
If they wanted to stop doing all activities? Yes i would leave most likely because they would not be taking care of themselves.

I couldn't care less as long as she was hot. :p

I was only referring to the initial question - working out. :)

Oh well sorry i dont think working out is only an in the gym lifting thang. :shrug:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by J'Bo
I really hope that your not talking about me cause if so you should re-read my first post...if someone was unable to be active due to health reasons then NO i wouldnt leave them :rolleyes: however if they just became lazy and inactive then i would because we would never be able to spend time together.

No, it was a general statement of "others" that have done this. sorry for the confusion. :D

Originally posted by naturaltan
What if you were married and they decided for NO other reason that to not workout? David ... you too, what if the reason was nothing other than "I don't want to anymore"

I have no problem with that either because I "LOVE" a person for more than just two reasons! :D :thumb:

my answer is yes I would. I know I couldn't stop loving someone just because they have altered their lifestyle. If that was so, I'd be a single guy 10 years ago without a beautiful daughter.

Although to Mrs.NT's credit, she does try to go the gym.

Originally posted by david
I have no problem with that either because I "LOVE" a person for more than just two reasons! :D :thumb:

Bump that, Dave. :thumb:

To base a relationship, or the termination of a relationship solely on whether or not a person works out is pretty thick, IMO.

No, Jen, I'm not calling you thick....yet. :p

well thats fine i respect your opinions.
but if i spend 80% of my free time outside being active and or in the gym then there is no way i am gonna be able to live with only spending 20% of my free time with the person i love.

i know i am gonna get yelled at for this comment but here it goes.

i personally believe that if i meet someone that loves being physically active whether it be climbing or swimming or lifting etc. when i meet them then i wil be attracted to them because we share similar lifestyles. if someone just stops doing all of those things then they obviously arent taking care of themselves and therefore wouldnt be able to have a healthy relationship either...if you dont take care of yourself for you then you will NEVER be happy for the other person. being lazy in life would create other problems in the relationship and so i most likley wouldnt leave them because they arent active i would leave them because they dont respect themselves.

Originally posted by vanity

I like positivity in my life. If someone is a sedentary couch potato that smokes and drinks, to me that's a BIG negative. This is a self-destructive person as far as I'm concerned and I want no part of it. Been there, done that , as they say.

Amen brother...it will effect more than just their physical well-being.

Originally posted by vanity
I have to agree with J'bo. She understands where I'm coming from. It's not superficiality, It's a Lifestyle and compatability issue.

If pursuit of health and fitness is a big part of your life, you will have alot more in common with a like-minded active person.

I like positivity in my life. If someone is a sedentary couch potato that smokes and drinks, to me that's a BIG negative. This is a self-destructive person as far as I'm concerned.

I want a long, healthy and productive life not one of premature aging, poor health and decay.

It all depends on what your philosophy of Life is.

Now we've gone from someone who doesn't work out to Norm from Cheers.:laugh:

I agree with the compatability issue, since it is, for the most part, reasonable. My responses were in reference to the initial "tone" of this thread.

J'Bo, I am proud of your use of restraint....I know you really wanted to kick my butt.:D

Vanity...damn i was just typing that :lol:

DM...yes its a new and improved more patient me :D but i will still kick your butt in Columbus :p

You could probably kick it from there.....I'm bulking y'know. (I haven't been to the gym lately, and my wife's getting ready to leave me over it.);)

Back