• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Running Question

Ezrolith

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

I know this is bodybuilding but I was just wondering... Can a few people share with me what speed (kph) they run at and for how long they can sustain it for? Or just how fast they can sprint and for how long? I'm very interested to compare my times with other peoples so you'd be doing me a big favour... Thanks :)

You in my world now playa. I run 5 to 6 mls at around a consistant 4:37 per mile.(I get lazy sometime and I slip to a 5:00 minute every once in a while) I do that 6 days weekly.I never timed my sprints because I do super sets of them 2 55yards 30 second rest, 2 75 yards 45 second rest, 2 100yards 1:00, start over, 2 55 yards 45 second rest, 2 75 yards 1:00 rest, 2 100 yards 1:30 rest, 1 55yard 1:00 rest, 1 75 yard 1;00 rest, 2 100yard , then puke or pass out , whichever comes first, ha ha ! I start getting used it it after around the second week, And that is done every other day,with a blecher run up and down 50 stairs 5 sets ,no breaks at the university football field.Hope that helped. PEACE

The only time I got for running my 40 yard time and that???s 4.7, I hate running, my g/f runs cross country, I once tried to run the course they run with her and I don???t think I even did ¼ of what they do. I do have a lot of respect for long distance running, takes a lot of mental strength to be able to do what those cross country people do.

That's a decent 40 time. I got some guys on my football team running 4.3's.... Incredible! But the last time I ran the 40 was last year and it was a 4.8. I'm guessing 4.7ish, High 4.6's right now. I hoping to bring that time down in time for next season. Oh yeah in the eighth grade I ran the 200 meter dash in 25.5 :D lol... Oh yeah I might do track again this year to, to get some more damn speeeeeeeeeeed!

Originally posted by Mikhal
You in my world now playa. I run 5 to 6 mls at around a consistant 4:37 per mile.(I get lazy sometime and I slip to a 5:00 minute every once in a while) I do that 6 days weekly.I never timed my sprints because I do super sets of them 2 55yards 30 second rest, 2 75 yards 45 second rest, 2 100yards 1:00, start over, 2 55 yards 45 second rest, 2 75 yards 1:00 rest, 2 100 yards 1:30 rest, 1 55yard 1:00 rest, 1 75 yard 1;00 rest, 2 100yard , then puke or pass out , whichever comes first, ha ha ! I start getting used it it after around the second week, And that is done every other day,with a blecher run up and down 50 stairs 5 sets ,no breaks at the university football field.Hope that helped. PEACE

I have a hard time believing this, no offense intended. 5-6 miles at 4:37 per mile is world class caliber running. Perhaps you mean 4:37 per kilometer? Or are you a professional runner or football player? Plus, how do you train, for your Type I or Type II fibers? Because you're doing two totally different workouts if you running sprints and then doing distance.

In answer to the original question, I currently run at about a 4:30-5:00 kilometer pace, which is about a 7-8 minute mile for distance. I can sustain that for up to 45 minutes, but I'm building towards doing a half marathon next season, which means about 90-105 minutes of running.

Thanks alot guys, all alot better than I am at the moment :p

No offence taken my brotha! I feel you.Sometimes I have trouble believeing that I do that shit too! However I'm a world class kinda guy. I don't do this as a hobby homey, I take care of my wife and daughter as a professional fighter, I'm curretly holding 2 world titles, and am going for another in March. I'm also the #1 contender in the next weight division up .This shit is real to me, fuck fun.You might be surprized that the fact is thats only part, a SMALL part of my workouts. I have had 45 professional Muay Thai bouts 45-0-0 (44 KOs) and 29 professional boxing bouts (29-0-0) 26 kisses good night.I'm preparing for a "no holds barred match" at the King of the Cage" in a couple of months,but I've had 5 of those "octagon style matches" and I'm STILL undefeated playa. So yeh, my brotha I guess that would make me a world class kinda cat.I make a living and a pretty good one doing this, IT AIN"T ALWAYS FUN make no mistake about it, and I never said that it was easy, But for me to keep what I've got, I"VE GOT TO DO THIS ,LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!!! I like living large and watching my bank account swell up with a little bling,bling, Feel me.and seeing my wife and baby smile so if I had to do twice as much, I WOULD, BET THAT. I fought my way outta the getto, and I'm not going back.BOTTOM LINE IS THIS, TO BE A CHAMPION, YOU GOTTA ,TRAIN,THINK,AND ACT LIKE ONE! No shorts and no excuses, to a warrior excuses are like tampons, No Place in a mans world.PUSH IT TO THE MAX, OR LEAVE IT ALONE, or as my boys say " Get in where you fit in" I fit at the TOP baby boy. I'm a different type of guy, I"M THE CHAMPION of the WORLD, Damn I like saying that ha ha.U FEELING ME!!!!!! PEACE

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do
You said it all right there. I love that. that's keeping it real. GREAT quote! I gotta use that Playa! PEACE

100 Meters 10.5 Sec
400 Meters 52.6 sec
1 Mile 5:44
@ 6-3 220
This was at age 21.
Now, I just run distance, can go 10 miles in 1:15
but am a bit older and 235.
I can still sprint and like to burn the young boys deep on sat afternoon football

IML Gear Cream!
ha ha Maddog You should be ashame of yourself using the youngbloods like that! I love it Bust they damn hearts! Welcome to the BOM club (BAD OLD MAN) props. PEACE

Originally posted by Ezrolith
Thanks alot guys, all alot better than I am at the moment :p

Unfortunately training for running takes time and effort, just like anything else. If you're training for distance, a good strategy is 2 short runs per week and one long run per week for distance, increasing by 5% per week (either time or distance). so a typical month might look like:

Week 1: Short 2 miles, Short 2 miles, Long 5 miles
Week 2: Short 3 miles, Short 2 miles, Long 6 miles
Week 3: Short 3 miles, Short 3 miles, Long 7 miles
Week 4: Short 4 miles, Short 3 miles, Long 8 miles.

You can find lots of training programs on the web. Hope it helps!

Thanks alot everyone, especially ponyboy, that's gave me a much better idea.

I go slow and long. Around a 9:50 pace for 16-20 miles

Originally posted by Mikhal
No offence taken my brotha! I feel you.Sometimes I have trouble believeing that I do that shit too! However I'm a world class kinda guy. I don't do this as a hobby homey, I take care of my wife and daughter as a professional fighter, I'm curretly holding 2 world titles, and am going for another in March. I'm also the #1 contender in the next weight division up .This shit is real to me, fuck fun.You might be surprized that the fact is thats only part, a SMALL part of my workouts. I have had 45 professional Muay Thai bouts 45-0-0 (44 KOs) and 29 professional boxing bouts (29-0-0) 26 kisses good night.I'm preparing for a "no holds barred match" at the King of the Cage" in a couple of months,but I've had 5 of those "octagon style matches" and I'm STILL undefeated playa. So yeh, my brotha I guess that would make me a world class kinda cat.I make a living and a pretty good one doing this, IT AIN"T ALWAYS FUN make no mistake about it, and I never said that it was easy, But for me to keep what I've got, I"VE GOT TO DO THIS ,LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!!! I like living large and watching my bank account swell up with a little bling,bling, Feel me.and seeing my wife and baby smile so if I had to do twice as much, I WOULD, BET THAT. I fought my way outta the getto, and I'm not going back.BOTTOM LINE IS THIS, TO BE A CHAMPION, YOU GOTTA ,TRAIN,THINK,AND ACT LIKE ONE! No shorts and no excuses, to a warrior excuses are like tampons, No Place in a mans world.PUSH IT TO THE MAX, OR LEAVE IT ALONE, or as my boys say " Get in where you fit in" I fit at the TOP baby boy. I'm a different type of guy, I"M THE CHAMPION of the WORLD, Damn I like saying that ha ha.U FEELING ME!!!!!! PEACE

lol

Back