• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

how many here been injured?

mikevru

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
nothing worse than to see all your hard work go down the drain as you watch your muscles shrink and fat enevlope your once hard body. Anyone been here?

It is so depressing to have an injury that makes you lose all your hard earned gains. I tore my front deltoind and elbow (second degree strains) a while back and it has been so hard trying to get back to form.

anyone experinced such set backs and were you able to get back the gains?

thanks

Yeah, I got married!:thumbs: J/K.

I was never that cut but I did loose a lot of strength due to an injury. It is really tough to come back from. You can do it, just KNOW that you were there and it may take awhile but you WILL be again.

Keep your head up, Mike

sYk

Originally posted by mikevru

thanks

I've had a few.....

1986 - Torn ligaments in left ankle (basketball)
1987 - Dislocated Knee (football)
1988 - Severly sprained Ankle (basketball)
1992 - Broken Leg (Soccer)
1995 - Broken collarbone (football)
1997- Torn shoulder muscle (Heavy Dumbells) - surgery
1998 - Back Sprain ( Kick boxing class)
1999 - Torn bicep (weights)
1999 - Torn achilles tendon (Football) -surgery
2000 - Torn Hamstring (Football)
2001 - Broken leg (basketball)
2003 - Torn Abs (Football)

I'm faster and stronger than I have ever been (at 33 years old). Since you hurt your upper body you can still stay fit lifting with your legs and biking!! Keep working hard and watch your diet to keep the fat off.

Don't give up. You muscle will come back to form quick!!

:thumb: YM

Where do you play football, YM?

Originally posted by sYkboY
Where do you play football, YM?

I play in a men's full contact indoor Flag Football league just North of Detroit (Waterford, MI).

It's a blast. There are a lot of leagues in the area.

You play??
YM

I am wanting to join a team next year. I have wanted to for a while but something has always come up. There is a league here, Cross Roads FL, I am waiting for a team near by to get their collective shit together so I can try out or whatever. would you mind if I emailed you instead of Jacking this post? I have a Shit load of questions and no one to ask around here.

Yeah, I got married!:thumbs: J/K.
sYk

You weren't joking!:p

It's an injury to your bank account, mental state, your character, your freedom, etc.................

I've had some injuries and illnesses over the years, but I've always been able to bounce back. Never say die.

I am wanting to join a team next year. I have wanted to for a while but something has always come up. There is a league here, Cross Roads FL, I am waiting for a team near by to get their collective shit together so I can try out or whatever. would you mind if I emailed you instead of Jacking this post? I have a Shit load of questions and no one to ask around here.

I PM'ed you with my email address....Ask away!

YM

Originally posted by mikevru

thanks

more times than I can remember...

my most recent:

August 5, 2003

Woke up at around 1am with severe pain and fatigue in my right arm, had no clue what the problem was, but over the next 5 hours it got so severe that I could no longer use my right arm. It was numb, tingling and hurt so bad I was almost in tears. Went to the ER at 7am that morning, they examined me and took around 10 x-rays, of course they found nothing. They gave me percocet, a shot (anti-inflammatory) and an Rx for more percocet and some other crap.

To make a long story short I had a pinched my Brachial Plexus nerve. I had to stop training fro 3 weeks, when I finally started back not only did I work-out lightly for the next 6 weeks, but I could not even do a push-up due to the nerve damage, I had lost around 75% strength in my right arm. Also, my right pec shrunk to almost nothing and I lost over 1.5" on my right arm.

Finally, over 4 months later I am finally able to train hard and heavy again, actually the last 2 weeks I have been able to. My right pec and arm are coming back nicely, but I still lack strength in all pressing movements due to the right arm.

That is one of many injuries, but by far my worst to date.

Yes, you will re-gain all size and strength, although it's not really scientifically proven, there is something called "muscle memory". The best analogy is it's like when you blow up a balloon the first time, it's difficult, but once it's been blown up you can let the air out and it's much easier to blow it up again. :shrug:

over and over again.

Play hard comes with risks.

Between Football Wrestling and Karate I broke my wrist 6 times in 3 years. My Fault I played 6 out of 8 games with it broken and didn???t let it heal. My bench in My Junior year went from 275 down to 150. And there I still had pain. I couldn???t hold the bar. Now year???s later im back to 290.

The end of my sophomore year I tore a ligament in my ankle. Stupid me went to a Karate tournament then following weekend. Amazing how tape and a brace and support you. But this hurt my speed. At 6 foot even running a 5.0 flat in the 40 yard dash up to a 5.6. It was a long recovery. Mix that with the knee it was ruff.

I hurt my knee in Football while playing middle linebacker. I was the middle linebacker and fullback. It was a bull game and right before wrestling season where I would defend my state championship. This was the first time I hurt my knee so they tried to cast it for 6 months. When the last cast came off I had to learn how to walk again. I hadn???t used my leg in so long, it was bad the cast was a non weight bearing cast. My Left leg was ALOT smaller than my right it took a year of physical therapy to get me back.

Sprain strain torn ligaments in my knee. Watching your self Squat 500lbs and a freshman and loose it. Then the leg press it was a show for the team. The last knee injury sealed the deal though. Bad tear to my MCL Dislocated knee cap (patella) The Patella need allot of fixing and they had to cut the muscle to weave the patella in. I have had two surgeries on that and I will need another in January. Now I can???t even squat let alone put any weight on my shoulders. My right leg is nice but the left is soft around the knee. I work out 5 days a week and I go to Physical therapy 3 days a week for my knee.

The last time I hurt my knee it took along time before the surgery I was on bed rest and I wasn???t allowed to walk with out crutches. It took a month before I would have my surgery. Then the surgery was bad so I was sidelined for awhile. I lost all the gains I Had and put on way to much weight. In 6 months I didn???t stand longer than 45 mins. Imagine how much muscle u loose and fat u gain. It was bad I didn???t care about my diet at all I was in pain and didn???t care.

I have a huge list of broken bones from dumb things.

But for the last two months ive been good and back on track. Since my Surgery in April I have lost a HUGE amount of fat. Ive put on some nice muscle but I still have allot of work before im back to my goal. I was all the way up to about 320 now im 270 and im going to get down to about 210-220.

A while back I dislocated both my knees playing fottball and for about 3 years after at least once a month one knee or the other would pop out of place. For 3 years I went through the pain and just kept getting fatter and fatter as I refused to use my legs because of the pain. Doctors couldn't figure it out and neither could my family. Then a guy in my gym the first day I went there told me what my problem was, he said "YOU'RE FAT" my knees could not support my weight so they would just pop out. This killed me for about 6 years in total and in the past 3 months only have I been able to seriously start lifting weights because they have gotten stronger. Motivation is what kept me going to get better and get my strength back.

And as of rite now I have a messed up achilles tendon and can't work through this one, gotta see trainer tomorrow about it.

Just make sure you never quit doing what your doing, stick to it and keep on growing. In time you will not only get to your original size but surpass all your goals you once had.

I got into a motorcycle accident being an idiot and making highway off-on ramps (clover leaf) my personal race course. Ended up whiping out and bustin up my shoulder. Was out of lifting anything at all for almost 4 months. Before the accident i put up 375 twice on bench. Now I'm at 245 5-6 times... Lost a lot but its all commin back... Dont be discouraged. Its injuries happen to everyone, shows strong character if you come back tho

I am 16 weeks out from surgery from a "massive" rotator cuff tear. Actually, the tendon was completely torn away, was split, one of the halves, was further split, and then cleaved.

I just started benching the bar this week, and have just added back squats, and some other movements. Honestly, I kept more size than I expected.

Broken Wrist, 3rd to last game of the season, got my cast on in time for next ( football ) game. And wore a big ass club on my arm. Hardest shit to play w/o a hand*

*Fingers taped in a first, and a 1/4 inch of foam is rapped around the cast.

Twin Peak,

That's got to be one the toughest injuries, how long do you think it will take to recover from that one?
And how did you get that injury anyway?

Like everyone else, many injuries, most small but annoying. The worst I had was 2 hernia's. I was in shape and going to the gym regularly, had the surgery and didn't back to going to the gym for 4 years. Put on over 100lbs and lost a lot of strength and self-confidence.

But the weight gain and staying out of the gym was my lack of discipline, not from not recovering. Just wanted to state that. I was responsible for my lack of discipline.

Well rock kick it into highgear bro.. :lifter:

IML Gear Cream!
I did, lost 105 lbs in a year! Still going, though some elbow setbacks. :)

Six years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I had just pushed past the 250 mark on the bench for the first time and I was starting to look really good. Then it happened, I messed up my back at work. Turns out that my body was not a good substitute for a forklift (long story). Getting out of bed became a difficult taks. The Dr. said no more weights, but I didn't listen. Shortly after I was able to walk standing up agin, I went back to the gym. BIG MISTAKE! My back hurt so much after just 4 reps with 135, I couldn't go on. The pain was tooo great. It's taken 5 1/2 years to become healthy enough to lift again. And I certainly don't take it for granit

Originally posted by Twin Peak
I am 16 weeks out from surgery from a "massive" rotator cuff tear. Actually, the tendon was completely torn away, was split, one of the halves, was further split, and then cleaved.

I just started benching the bar this week, and have just added back squats, and some other movements. Honestly, I kept more size than I expected.

Been there...done that...although I didn't go the surgery route because mine wasn't completely torn. Also did my bicep tendon at the same time.

Took me a year before I could bench properly again without impingement or pain. Good luck with your healing.

I've also dislocated my shoulder on the other side. :rolleyes:
Herniated disc in my L2/L3 lumbar region (that was about a year ago)
Broken ankle (basketball injury)

Thank god my knees seem to be fine (touching wood).

Originally posted by Jim1954
Twin Peak,

That's got to be one the toughest injuries, how long do you think it will take to recover from that one?
And how did you get that injury anyway?

It certainly hasn't been pleasant. I am told that I will be "fully recovered" at about a year. Bear in mind that "fully" will never mean fully again.

My surgeon said the tendon was worn down over the years. But is snapped when I was doing a max bench press. It would have been the first time I had done 2x my bodyweight, as well. A mark I will now never reach.

Fortunately for me, I am not like any who have posted here. I have never been seriously injured, or broken a bone to keep me out of the gym. Ever seen "Unbreakable" ;)

True, for us bodybuilders. It was just one of those markers, of constant, long term improvement, that helped motivate me.

Twin Peak,

It certainly hasn't been pleasant. I am told that I will be "fully recovered" at about a year. Bear in mind that "fully" will never mean fully again.

I wouldn't necessarily take this to heart, doctors and surgeons have been known to be wrong.

My girlfriend broke her back when she 18 years old, the surgeons said she would never walk again. She did walk again, and never had any rehabilitation what so ever!

Hope you heal soon!:thumb:

I have a damaged AC joint in my right shoulder and it will require surgery sooner or later. It is the classic "weightlifters shoulder". I am fine when not lifting but I am developing that arthritic hump at the AC joint as well as the associated arthiritc pain. I cannot do shrugs as the pain is too great. I hate to loose my gains though.

I tore my rotator cuff 3 years ago, and just now started the come back.

It is pure hell and staying on the wagon has been a concstant battle. Its hard as hell to keep busting your ass and not see results.

I am doing lots of cardio and have aggressively changed my diet, but after 2 months I have lost only 5lbs and 2" from my waist. I am 6'1" and I was 173lbs at time of injury I am now 226lb.

Sometimes I think I will never get there, and everytime I hear things like "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" it just makes me see red. Its going to come down to a battle of desire and devotion for me, but hopefully I will be victorious.

I am getting married in August and want nothing more than to lose the damn gut. The clock is ticking!!

Back