• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

GNC Sucks.

plouffe

is bulking
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yeah. I hate GNC. :rolleyes: That place don't have shit, it is overpriced as hell ; and in order to pay somewhat reasonible ( shitty ) prices, you gotta buy a 20$ gold card. I think GNC is a bunch of bullshit. What you think of it? :thumb:

I think this is a useless thread. Post whore! ;)

Well considering the fact GNC sells a 5 lb container of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey for $44.95, and I can get it at 1fast400 or Power Nutrition for $25, yes they suck.

yes, yes it dose suck. and i have on of those stupid gold cards :(

Originally posted by PreMier
I think this is a useless thread. Post whore! ;)

yeah i know. I want alot of responses like GoPro :cry: I'm jealous!

And what's the point in any of this.

Shop there if you like them. Go elsewhere if you don't.

The point as I see it is that some may not realize how overpriced GNC is.

Buyer beware.

IML Gear Cream!
in the boca raton center u get 30% off on gold cards...thats not bad...i get 30 b/c i'm an employee..and yes they suck

are you just now figuring that out?

Seems like pretty common knowledge to me.

Yeah id have to say GNC is overpriced but the thing people dont realize is that if you order offline, you still have to pay shipping and handling, and wait, and if it doesnt work your fucked, if you shop at GNC the gold card eventually will pay for itself and theres no shipping, u dont have to wait 3 days - a week to get your stuff, and theres people there to help you (70% dont know jack shit) that and alot of times if shit doesnt work they will give you some money back or that kind of shit. i dont really have a preference, i stop at GNC and then if they dont have what i need i go online, its all in the preference. :dance:

Originally posted by JerseyPaul
The point as I see it is that some may not realize how overpriced GNC is.

Buyer beware.

Good point, indeed :)

BTW---thanks!

I wonder if GNC will be able to compete in the long run with internet companies offering their products are half the price. What happens when people realize they have have their items in a couple days by ordering online and save a bundle, plus have a greater selection?

As is, I hardly ever see anybody at the GNC in the mall, but people must still go there for some reason as its still is business.

I am a former employee of the General Nutrition Center. I was recently let go for selling to many third-party product (NaNo Vapor, Nano Halo, Aplodan, ProNos...products that actually work). I was one of those employee's that was trained to sell the most expensive (so-called premium products...these products are graded on average percentage towards daily sales); if these numbers are not met you are liable to be terminated! I am writing this only to give my personal opinion on GNC.
1.) Their product are OVER-PRICED
2.) Their products DO NOT WORK, have tried them all...Wheybolic 60 is the only exception
3.) Sales representatives for the company do not know white from black. ex: customer came in and wanted a pre-work out energy boost (non creatine)...most knowledgeable person in the store MANAGER showed the bodybuilder Creatine 189. If you know anything about the product you would understand that it is a time release, and not meant for people in competition due to excessive bloating!
4.) My last complaint is on a more personal level...my manager took almost a month off for personal reasons. I was called into work 4 hours early with food-poisoning when I had attempted to call off.

My overall opinion on the GNC Brand is that it is all over-rated junk. Anyone that spends money at their local GNC (other than multi's) has been squandered into purchasing items that will only help company numbers and not the happiness of the customer.

GNC's Overall Goals....Posted In Back Room
1.) Customer Happiness (aka manipulate customers as much as possible)
2.) SHAREHOLDER HAPPINESS (aka this is all we care about and will do WHATEVER it takes to make them money!)

If you do decide to go into GNC and purchase your product...do it at a military base and know exactly what you want prior to entering the store.
If by chance you live around the Beavercreek area in Ohio and visit the Fairfield Mall GNC...buy NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING from the over-weight manager that smells up something horrible and doesn't have the slightest clue as to what the products do and their effects. This woman will read you off every ingredient labeled on the product but when it comes to first hand knowledge of GNC...90% of employee's are overweight, have not used half the product they try to squander into your home.

GNC's Overall Goals....Posted In Back Room
1.) Customer Happiness (aka manipulate customers as much as possible)
2.) SHAREHOLDER HAPPINESS (aka this is all we care about and will do WHATEVER it takes to make them money!)

1.) I have to assume that you added the part about "manipulate as much as possible", as far as customer happiness, that should be ANY store's #1 goal, so they got that one right.

2.) Don't understand this one as GNC's are all franchises?

thanks for the disgruntled x-employee post though.

And what's the point in any of this.

Shop there if you like them. Go elsewhere if you don't.

I know this is an old thread....but I hate responses like this.

How about, if you dont have something clever, witty, or even argumentative to the subject at hand, then why dont YOU go some where else.

(I know this guy doesnt come on here often)

IML Gear Cream!
eh if you order bulk online the shipping really is not that bad. i like gnc for when i run out of some thing stupid like rtds or some thing. for the most part ya i dont like em. way to freaking overpriced.

How about, if you dont have something clever, witty, or even argumentative to the subject at hand, then why dont YOU go some where else.

yeah, but it's true...why bitch about the prices at GNC, are they the ONLY place you can by supps? if you don't want top pay their prices go some where else.

GNC isn't that bad. Sometimes you can get great bargains like Muscle Milk Light for $8 or ON Classic Whey (5 lbs.) for $13. They reduced the prices of products when they're close to expire.

yeah, but it's true...why bitch about the prices at GNC, are they the ONLY place you can by supps? if you don't want top pay their prices go some where else.

In Gainesville, there are no hole in the wall shops! In my home town, there are 3 I can immediately think of that have similar prices to our sponsors here.

I am forced to go to GNC or Vitamin World. Obviously, I chose VC.

He used to, and was a mod at one point :D

KelJu's no bullshit unbiased GNC Review:

Their best energy stacks sucked donkey dick. I was buying better stuff at gas stations that was a quarter of the price, and 4 times as strong.

Their whey is over-priced, but at least it was quality stuff.

Their nitrous oxide products were in-fucking-believably over priced, and over hyped.

Their sales staff didn't help me find what I asked for. They tried to sell me something that I wasn't asking for. I didn't ask for recommendations, I asked where an item was. This pissed me off so bad that I simply walked out.

They have massive overhead which will be passed on to the customer on all products. I like the online supp dealers as their business model is more customer service oriented. They sale you what you ask for, not what they want to dupe you into buying.

So, in a nutshell: do your research before hand. Know what you need, and find a good online seller. GNC is overpriced, sales oriented, and often times selling crappy products.

Vitamin SHoppe

Personally, I prefer The Vitamin Shoppe over GNC. Most of these places are pretty much the same, but the variety at TVS is better to me.

Back