• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help me choose a dog PLEASE!

GodLift

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm buying a dog soon. I have a 4 bedroom 1 story house with a midsized fenced-in back yard. I want a dog that will grow to about 120 lbs. a little bigger or smaller is fine. I want a muscular dog like an Amstaff, rottweiler, boxer, Giant Schnauzer, or bull mastiff. I'd prefer a dog that doesnt shed a ton, only because i dont want to be cleaning hair all the time. I'm not a first time dog owner so i know there will be hair, i just dont want excessive hair (like from a German Shepard) I appriciate any help!

oh btw, for those of you wondering, the reason i want a muscular dog is for security reasons. I'd feel more safe having a good guard/watch dog around the house. Especially (being a fireman) when I'm not home some nights.

TOTALLY go with a boxer!!! Im serious, when you get them as a pup and train them well they are a very loyal dog, great with kids and protective as well.
I'll be getting one once I get 1000$ and a new place that allows pets.

boxers dont get big. Maybe 85 male 70 female.

Rottweiler's get big for males but u have to train them and eventually break them. PLus they shed.

What a cute bulldog.................Get a Rottie, their the best, protective, territorial, yet big babies too, plus they are beautiful, as soon as my cat passes on, I'm getting 2 of them :thumb:

You didn't list them, but I've gotta put in a vote for a Doberman. They're the only dog I'll ever have! They're smart, excellent for protection (it's what they were bred for), beautiful, and contrary to the opinion of many - great family pets. Right now I've got two Dobergirls ... they are perfectly gentle with my 2 and 3 year old boys - who push, pull, and tug all over them. At the same time - whenever someone approaches our gate, you know they'd fight anyone to the death :2punch:

Awesome :thumbs:

Originally posted by MaddCapp
You didn't list them, but I've gotta put in a vote for a Doberman. They're the only dog I'll ever have! They're smart, excellent for protection (it's what they were bred for), beautiful, and contrary to the opinion of many - great family pets. Right now I've got two Dobergirls ... they are perfectly gentle with my 2 and 3 year old boys - who push, pull, and tug all over them. At the same time - whenever someone approaches our gate, you know they'd fight anyone to the death :2punch:

Awesome :thumbs:

:thumb:

Cool! Yah right now it is actually between the Rot, Boxer, Doberman, and bullmastiff

Heres my Rottweiler.
Jessie1.jpg

Last edited:
Hire a cop to watch the house. It will be cheaper than owning a dog and the cop won't crap all over the place. :D

Hahaha yah i want a dog for more than JUST security, but ur prob right, it'd be cheaper hehehe. Its the shedding that gets to me moreso than crappin all over

Originally posted by BigKev75
Heres my Rottweiler.

:thumb: soo cute! how old?

Prince.....that bulldog is U-G-L-Y!!!!!!!!! :D

I like French Mastiffs but they drool to damn much. Its the one in "Turner and Hooch". I hear they cost alot to.
My friends parents has got one, it hides behind the sofa when someone knocks at the door... :D

Boxer....Boxer....Boxer!

I have one, her name is Hanna, about as spoiled rotten as can be. She'll be 7 this June. We also have a retired Greyhound racer too!

Def go for the Boxer or Bull Mastiff:D
Although tthe Mastiff may drool and snore....alot:grin:

Get a boxer :evil:

0019-0309-2004-0024_SM.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
Get a pug.... This little beauty thinks she's 120 lbs :evil:

DOG_0000324_20030204171456.jpg

Go with the Amstaff. They are great dogs. I have a 3 1/2 year old male named Bob. He is muscular, and protective; yet is just a big baby himself. He does shed a little though.

Oh...Boxers can have issues with gas....Purchase a good gas mask! hehe :fart:

I have a friend who had 3 boxers, and she said they have no more gas problems than any other dog. Just don't feed em beans, eggs and broccoli :hehe: :evil:

Ok...I must own the Boxer farting Queen! hehe

Must be... :evil: I would first look into your dogs diet :hehe:

Originally posted by atherjen
:thumb: soo cute! how old?

there 2 and a hlaf now three and a half

thank you she is a cuttie and so nice shes is a baby to everyone she knows but she is a guard dog to anyone she doenst know.

I have her trained so well

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so don't feed them brocoli... note to self.......

feed a dog broccoli? LMAO

my dad has a lab and shes the farting queen. she out stinks any of mine! haha

BOXER!!! :D I cant stress enough to get one of those! hehe

Randy, is that cool boxer yours?

No Jen, that one isn't mine. Maybe someday I will own one though. But right now, a boxer would eat my little doggie...
You can see mine in my gallery photos Jen. That is my baby, and couldn't be any more spoiled. All she has to do is show those eyes of hers and she gets whatever she wants :D

And as for broccoli, my dog loves it. I just make sure I feed her very small quantities for a treat :D. She also loves toast. She has to have her toast every morning with me. If she just hears the toaster she comes runnin :hehe:

Back