• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Progression!

ruggaz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just started to follow a solid routine 3 weeks ago. The weight i hav been using from week to week has not bee increasing however the ammount of reps has. For example with my flat bench of which i do 3 X 8, the first week i did a particular weight 3 times then had to strip some weight to complete the set of 8 reps. However now i can do 5 reps before i have to take some weight off. My question is this. Should i continue doing what i am doing and gradually increasing the reps i can do until i can get 3 X 8 OR should i reduce the weight now to something i can do 3 X 8 of without stripping weight? Confusing as it sounds i think you might get what i am asking, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Why not stick with the same weight and have a spotter help force the last few reps? :shrug: Thats what I would do.

I agree with you Tim. The weight is too heavy currently, and while forced reps are a good technique for advanced lifters, they should not be used by beginners. Focus on diet and good form.

Hey Tim. Checked out your forum. Cool! I checked out the Serge Nubret thread. He is in incredible shape at 65.

BTW, could you post those pics of Nubret here at IM? I think that would make a great thread.

IML Gear Cream!
Don;t worry mate, you provided some good information, i think you are entitled to. Cheers

Back