• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Age and Body Building

Denver

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
New to the sight. Great place to find new ideas. Is there a forum
that anyone is aware of in which they discuss approaches and problems of say 40+ year old body builders. They have to deal with something most at this forum do not, AGE.

You'll actually find some of us here are 39+, but there is quite a variety of people here, you'll like it and welcome to IM :thumb:

Age is a mind over matter thing. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
I'm 53 and use tons of info. offered here.
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Welcome aboard!

There are a fair number of people in thier 40+ years.

I don't fell so bad now. For a while there I was getting the impression that most of the posters were high school / college
age. It does matter. Injuries and recovery are more frequent(maybe just aches and pains) and take a bit longer.
Thanks for for the info.

You can't be concerned about weight injuries, you drive the 15 freeway!!! ARGH!!! :haha:

Originally posted by Denver
I don't fell so bad now. For a while there I was getting the impression that most of the posters were high school / college
age. It does matter. Injuries and recovery are more frequent(maybe just aches and pains) and take a bit longer.
Thanks for for the info.

No, the average person here is probably mid to late twenties, I am 34.

Yes, recovery can take a bit longer, and we have to be more careful of injuries, but I eat and train the same as a 20 year old, except I probably train harder! :D

Dont we have a person or two approaching 60 here?

Thanks for for the info.

A lot of bodybuilding sites have far too many 13+ year olds looking for nudie pics and trash talking. Welcome to IM.:wave:

IML Gear Cream!
New to the sight. Great place to find new ideas. Is there a forum
that anyone is aware of in which they discuss approaches and problems of say 40+ year old body builders. They have to deal with something most at this forum do not, AGE.

Not sure what exactly you think you can't talk about here. I'm 41 and regardless of age, all questions problems and concerns are answered. Stop making us old guys feel we need a special place. Ya make it sound like we belong on one of those short yellow buses while eveyone else gets the long yellow bus. hahahaha
Seriously though,,, this site is age friendly and there are members here I'm sure older then you. Welcome aboard.:thumb:

Thanks for for the info.

Well can't argue with you there (pains and injuries) As many here know I hurt my shoulder shoveling in a big snow last winter and only got back working out this October. Long layoff but back at it like a trip hammer. Sure injuries take longer to heal but the key is to lift smart and not get injured. :thumb: As for recovery muscle/training related, I don't think it has changed much. I've yet to run into not being ready to hit any bodypart after 6 days. I only train each bodypart once a week. You do that and you won't have a problem with recovery.

Back