• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doctor's Recommended Body Weight

TheGreatSatan

38lbs lost
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I do not claim to be super ripped or fit, but I also don't consider myself 'overweight'. My wife is a nurse and often tells me that I am overweight because the 'recommended body weight' for me is 185 not 221 as I am now. What's with the doctor's recommended body weight and why does it seem so off?

Because they go by the average person. They don't take bodybuilders into consideration.

I wear size 0/1 jeans yet I'm considered almost 25lbs overweight, yeah right!! :rolleyes:

:eek: holy shit size 0/1 damn girl u r TINY!

It's a bunch of bull . The body mass index is just a guideline for the average person, athletes and body builders are not the average person. Body fat content then becomes the better parameter for assessment.

They definitely do not take athletes into consideration. My boyfriend is 6'1 195 and very lean but muscular. According to the doctor he should weight 175. NO WAY!! He would look like a skeleton at that weight. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sapphire
They definitely do not take athletes into consideration. My boyfriend is 6'1 195 and very lean but muscular. According to the doctor he should weight 175. NO WAY!! He would look like a skeleton at that weight. :rolleyes:
I am 6'1" too and I was 241 last night. now I admit the holiday foods certainly didnt do anything great for me but I dont think I could possible drop more than 10 lbs of fat without going on a pre competition diet. so that leaves me around 230 making me oh 55 lbs overweight, or obese. I dont think so. Watch you body fat percentage more than your over all weight in considering if you need to drop or add weight

Originally posted by greekblondechic
:eek: holy shit size 0/1 damn girl u r TINY!
Not tiny, I just have small hips. Trust me, I didn't always wear this size :grin:

My bro who is a BB had to have hernia surgery last year. He was about 5'9" and pushing 210 with about 10% BF, in great shape. They told him that they would not operate on him unless he lost 30 pounds because he was "dangeously obese" according to their charts.

He went on a brutal cut and lost the weight, but also had to lose about 15 pounds of LBM to do it. He still hasn't recovered.

Canada uses bodyweigh as a means of calling someone obese, they dont look at bodyfat.

Originally posted by Sapphire
According to the doctor he should weight 175. NO WAY!! He would look like a skeleton at that weight. :rolleyes:

I agree, it would be near impossible for me to get under 200 @ 6'2"

lol..there is hope for me yet..but ive got a big frame..ill never be a 0/1.. id be happy at 5/6..

if you arent suppose to be that small dont try for it. Boney people scare me, greekblondechic I would say, judging by your pics you are just about perfect they way you are now. Of course it really matters what you want

Back