• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Joe Gibbs to return as Redskins coach

Just heard this on the radio and was going to post it!!

YES! YES! YES! Pinch me!

I grew up in DC and saw all of the 'glory days'. Did you know that Gibbs went 124-60 as the 'Skins coach, and the last FIVE coaches since his departure are 74-101-1... combined? From 1971 to 1992 they had only two losing seasons.

Joe Gibbs, our Hall of Fame legend is back! Of course he will have to deal with salary caps and free agency, but by God he won't allow cell phones to ring at team practices.

I quote from ESPN "The mere mention of Gibbs' name brings instant credibility among the players, who had become disenchanted with the losing atmosphere. Even though most have never met Gibbs, his legacy left a long shadow."

I wouldn't look for a turnaround under him, cause Pro football is a whole different game since he was coaching. The game is played so much differently since he coached.
Steve Spurier was good a certain kind of ball and so was Gibbs, Unfortunately for them, it was not today's game.
Gibbs has alot of catching up to do to make a respectable showing. Besides, JD, you're in S. jersey and should be pullin for the Iggles, since they are local team right?

Tell that to Dick Vermeil. He was out of coaching for over 15 years before guiding the lowly Rams to the Superbowl in 3 seasons. Now the 'old man' seems to be guiding the Chiefs in the same direction.

I don't jump on bandwagons. I grew up watching the 'Skins, starting in the days of Sonny J-Kilmer-Charlie Taylor etc. The sweetest victory in pro football I've personally experienced was the first Superbowl win over Miami. Joey T, Riggins, the Hogs, the Smurfs .... awesome. Never was into college ball, but after living in Ohio for 17 years, I became a huge Ohio State fan. Soooo, you are correct, I'm in Iggles/PennState country, but my heart bleeds burgundy and gold, and scarlet'n'gray.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it is going to be easy for Joe, but lightning can strike twice. What the Redskins sorely lack, Gibbs can provide. Spurrier sucked. It took him two years to realize his Fun and Gun doesn't work in the NFL. Rather then make adjustments, he quits to go play golf. What a loser.

The Hogs, that's why he was successful - counter tray right/left. The O-line usually had a 50 # advantage over the D line. Every one strives for that now. He would have to come up with another way to gain an advantage.

He also won by being a master of half time adjustments. He'll still be able to do that. :D

Where are you from Maddog?

Is he going to give up his NASCAR team? or do both? About half of NASCAR overlaps with the NFL season, so that would be hard.

Gibbs is one of the best coaches of all time. He'll do fine.

He's won three superbowls!

Joe Gibbs will do great! He is a great man and phenomonal coach. He'll give the team what they need! :)

Originally posted by JerseyDevil

Where are you from Maddog?

Grew up on SNJ, now am a NNJ corporate slug.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by JerseyDevil
Tell that to Dick Vermeil. He was out of coaching for over 15 years before guiding the lowly Rams

HEY! Who you calling "LOWLY"??? :finger:

:D

The Rams had a lot of pieces in place when Vermeil arrived, especially a lot of the offense. He was just a good enough coach to bring it all together, plus he took a chance on Kurt Warner. :)

Well, I don't think Gibbs is as girly as Vermeil, so I'll say NO. Come on, how many NASCAR team owners can cry on demand?

Be careful mountain biking! You hear about that woman in California who was carried around with her face in the Mtn Lion's mouth?

Yeah, that's some crazy stuff!!! Very tragic indeed.

I only have to worry about deer and turkey where I ride. While they don't attack people, they just stand in the middle of the trail like dumbasses when you come barreling down a hill. Crash into one of those on your bike at 25 MPH and you're going to be hurtin'.

I ve always liked Joe Gibbs as the Redskins were my favorite
team due to the departure of the colts....

Now that we have the RAVENS, I still root for the Redskins from time to time.

What does not kill you
makes you stronger

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Yeah, that's some crazy stuff!!! Very tragic indeed.

I only have to worry about deer and turkey where I ride. While they don't attack people, they just stand in the middle of the trail like dumbasses when you come barreling down a hill. Crash into one of those on your bike at 25 MPH and you're going to be hurtin'.

Are you crashing into one of those in your avi
or did you just hit a very challenging spot on the trail?

What does not kill you
makes you stronger

That's a great pic IAB!

Back