• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Whey Shake w/milk?

BlueCorsair

The Blue Corsair
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright, as anyone who has read my posts knows, I'm the worst kind of ecto there is.

In an effort to add additional calories, preferably nutritious ones, I was wondering if it'd be at all useful to mix my protein shakes with milk. I have two shakes per day usually - three at most, and we generally have skim or 1% around here.

I use the GNC whey by the way, and before anyone groans, I get it at a good price since I know the very attractive female BB who runs this particular franchise (yes, we have them in Canada too), and I've heard the product itself is half decent.

Anyone think this is a better idea than just water?

You know to add calories you can just double the serving of whey, add cottage cheese, add oats, add oat bran, add a few strawberries and heavy whipping cream, add flax seed oil, add natty peanut butter etc....Dairy products suck for the most part, unless it's cottage cheese. Heavy whipping cream you can get away with too, but lactose in milk makes most people bloat.

Peace.

You could always try what I've been doing recently but its expensive. Hood came out with a low carb FF milk. It has only 3G sugar but the protein is 12G per cup. I'm in love with the stuff :)

I ALWAYS mix my whey with milk, I can barely gag it down when mixed with water, plus you get an additional 8g of protein per each cup of milk.
Never had any problems with lactose, but if you do they sell special pills which help you digest the lactose. They even have lactose free milk.

Originally posted by SJ69
I ALWAYS mix my whey with milk, I can barely gag it down when mixed with water, plus you get an additional 8g of protein per each cup of milk.
Never had any problems with lactose, but if you do they sell special pills which help you digest the lactose. They even have lactose free milk.
And as an added bonus you get 12G of sugar :rolleyes:

For those cutting, skim milk is NOT advisable.

Originally posted by Jodi
You could always try what I've been doing recently but its expensive. Hood came out with a low carb FF milk. It has only 3G sugar but the protein is 12G per cup. I'm in love with the stuff :)
So would the Hood carb countdown milk be a good protien source if you are cutting?

Most definately. Milk is an excellent protein source the downfall is all the freaking sugar so that's why I think this stuff is great. I eat my fiber one cereal with a cup of it everyday now :) 12G of protein and only 3G Sugar......Can't beat that for milk :thumb:

damn Jodi - i don't think you're gonna be able to find Hood in AZ

it was everywhere when i lived in CT but i've never seen it in CA

hope you can still get it!

Originally posted by nikegurl
damn Jodi - i don't think you're gonna be able to find Hood in AZ

it was everywhere when i lived in CT but i've never seen it in CA

hope you can still get it!
I've got some in my fridge right now. :D

All the grocery stores have it.

really? very cool! i haven't seen any hood or sealtest one time since moving to California. i figured they didn't make it to AZ either.

i hate finding something i like and then it being gone.

if you ever eat mayo you can probably find the Hollywood brand safflower mayo now. that stuff's good!

IML Gear Cream!
how much milk is advisable when bulking?

like what would the limit be...? i don't wanna get fat but the extra protien and cals may help with adding the weight

peace

Jodi, does this stuff taste just like regular milk & what's the price? Does it come in gallons or what?

Originally posted by derekisdman
Jodi, does this stuff taste just like regular milk & what's the price? Does it come in gallons or what?
I think it taste like regular milk.It comes in half gallons for about $3.50

We have no "low carb" milk here in Canada. I'm trying to bulk (hence why I mentioned extra calories aren't a problem).

I consume no milk at all these days, nor even any dairy products except for eggs, of which I have 2 to 4 whole eggs per day. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything - I simply haven't had a need for milk products.

1% is pretty much the standard around the house - mixing the protein with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of that ok?

Yes thats ok. If you havent drank milk for a while it might end up giving you some gas and bloating at first. Just keep drinking it and you should go back to "normal".

Cheers. Thanks for the approval :D

Back