• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is Weight Training Neccasary To Lose Weight?

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have the diet thing dialed in, and I have an intense cardio program worked out.

Every time I work with weights, I just get bigger for some reason. I either put on weight or stay the same though I look physically smaller.

Anyone have a clue what this could be. Let me preface by saying that genetics are not on my side to be slender. All other males in my family turn into balloons after the age of 21.

Well no it's not necessary, but neither is cardio to lose weight. However, think about it, for every pound of muscle you gain, that's a permanent extra 50 calories you burn a day. Plus gaining lean body mass will make you look a helluva lot better when the weight comes off, instead of looking malnourished or 'skinny fat'. Plus weight training builds grit, character and discipline, which really is the greatest thing about it. If you have the genetics to gain weight easily, man, take advantage of it, think of how much muscle you could gain, really...I wish I was like that sometimes.

Peace.

Originally posted by Uthinkso
I have the diet thing dialed in, and I have an intense cardio program worked out.

Every time I work with weights, I just get bigger for some reason. I either put on weight or stay the same though I look physically smaller.

Anyone have a clue what this could be. Let me preface by saying that genetics are not on my side to be slender. All other males in my family turn into balloons after the age of 21.

if you stay at the same caloric intake it is physically impossible to continuously gain weight.

Re: Re: Is Weight Training Neccasary To Lose Weight?

Originally posted by LAM
if you stay at the same caloric intake it is physically impossible to continuously gain weight.

Not doubting what you say, but I am 224lbs of rght now. I just started the new program of weights and cardio as of this week.

I am willing to bet that by the end f the month my BF goes down but my overall weight stays the same or within 2lb.

Originally posted by Prince
If I had to choose cardio or weight training for me or anyone else in regards to weight/fat loss I would pick weight training hands down every time.

same here

when it comes to my back/bi and chest/tri days... i totally agree... what could be more enjoyable... then leg day comes around and I wish i was chillin on the eliptical... you just get a certain satisfaction from weights... I love getting focused and getting into the zone and really using every ounce of energy to move the weight... fun stuff... so challenging...

uthinkso,

whats happening is you're gaining muscle mass, which is a VERY GOOD THING! if you take equal size pieces, muscle is heavier than fat, thats why you are staying at the same weight or gaining when you look smaller, the new muscle mass is doing that, but you are burning fat which is why u look smaller,
I'm not sure I explained as clearly as the others can
but trust me its a great thing and KEEP LIFTING WEIGHTS!
Muscle mass helps keep you looking lean and sexy!

hence why im so sexy even tho im quite heavy
JK :lol: (i dont think im sexy at all!)

oh btw..weight training also helps you maintain the muscle mass you already have which can easily be burned off w low calories and cardio.. you dont want to burn off muscle mass because then your metabolism will slow down and your body will burn less calories!!!

also, the more muscles you have the more calories you will burn... which will help you even in a resting state...

IML Gear Cream!
This is all very good information I have heard that a solid weight training program will more or less negate cardio.

I personally hate cardio, but love to lift weights and push myself to my limit. I am starting on Monday with my new weight program and I am trying to sort a good program out.

Thank you all,when I get the courage I will post a pic of what I look like now, and perhaps down the line of my progress.

Back