• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

shoulder strain??

Wannabefit

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
both shoulders mainly my left are in a bit of pain. I think its the rotator cuff. I do stretch before any excercise that is gonna use my shoulders. But in the middle of the night and in the morning is when its the worst. Sometimes i cant even do side raises with 10 lb DB'S. I take Glucosamine/Chondroitin 3 times a day but that isnt working at all. Is there an anti-inflamatory out there that will work for me?

My left shoulder is messed up and will start hurting any time, for no reason, even when im just sitting there. Waking up is the most excruciating thing in the world; After a sleep is when the pain is worst. I didn't injure it exercising. It turns out the way the bone is formed is causing the pain. Going in for a second opinion in about 10 days. :\

In summary: You might see a doctor.

I did he said the joints have low amounts of water to keep them lubed up or something along that line. I take anti-inflamatory when it bothers me i.e 4 Motrin. It seems to work ok.

Ahhh the famous rotator cuff. Sometimes you can stretch all you want but it will still get screwed because there are so many excercises that can cause this. (dips, military press behind the head, lat machine behind the head...etc.) I learned this the hard way and my rotator cuff is still f***ed. It does not hurt as bad as it used to but i'm limited to do some excercises such as up right row and front raises for shoulders. It used to hurt so much that I wasn't even able to fully extend my arm. The pain goes away within 4-5 days but in my case it is very easy to bring it back.
Rotator cuff injury is very common among the bodybuilders. It might not be as serious in your case, especially if this is the first time you have experience the pain. I would avoid excercises such as dips (especially the ones where you go too deep), lats behind the head, and military press behind the head at least untill the pain goes away. I quit with all these behind the head excercises and now only do it in front. I never visited doctor about this but that too might be a good idea. Good luck.

thanks guys.

Some days its fine somedays not so good. Believe it or not the weather has an affect on it. Like if its 80 degrees one day and then it drops to 70 the next that has an affect. It has a mind of its own I swear. The 4 motrin i took yesterday helped it. Took a couple of hours to kick in but it did help it. Im gonna do rotator cuff excercises every time i lift.

Originally posted by Wannabefit
But in the middle of the night and in the morning is when its the worst. Sometimes i cant even do side raises with 10 lb DB'S.

based on that if I were you I would be taking 2 weeks off from all upper body training.

Believe it or not the weather has an affect on it. Like if its 80 degrees one day and then it drops to 70 the next that has an affect. It has a mind of its own I swear

I spent 13 years in the military 8 in the infantry I know all about forecasting the weather with you body. After dislocating my shoulder and tearing the Medial meniscus in my knee who needs Doppler Radar.

based on that if I were you I would be taking 2 weeks off from all upper body trainin

Thats fine with me. It sucks but what can I do. I still wanna go to the gym for 2 reasons. I pay 35 a month to go and if I dont go, I feel like I lost the game for the whole team. I can do calves, abs and some leg toning excercises right?

This is a bit off subject but whens the best time to take a weight gainer?

Re: based on that if I were you I would be taking 2 weeks off from all upper body trainin

Originally posted by Wannabefit
Thats fine with me. It sucks but what can I do. I still wanna go to the gym for 2 reasons. I pay 35 a month to go and if I dont go, I feel like I lost the game for the whole team. I can do calves, abs and some leg toning excercises right?

sure, you can work your lower body.

Back