• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How many workouts a week?????

mervin

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a question about how many times a week to workout. I was told work each muscle directly only once a week and if you do more you do not give the muscle time to recover, thus hindering muscle growth. Below is my work out. I only work my upper body because of time and my legs have always been developed. people at the gym wonder what I do to build my calves - nothing.

1st workout

Pull ups ( lats )
cable pull downs ( lats )
Seated cable rows ( middle back )
Bent over one arm rows. ( back )
Cable push downs ( triceps )

2nd workout

Incline bench press ( chest )
Flat bench press ( chest )
Military presses ( shoulders )
Dumbbell flies ( Chest )
Standing barbell curls ( biceps )
Preacher curls ( biceps )

I would like to do workout 1 on Mondays and Thursdays and workout 2 on Tuesdays and Fridays. Is this too much, will it not give my muscles time to recover and result in lack of growth. Just trying to sort out all these questions. Thanks for the help.
Mervin

how many sets and reps???

and you be better off making it a push pull split so that would mean switching triceps and biceps....

and i would finish all chest then do all shoulders and then triceps .. dont mix them up

my 2 cents

Dude! Throw in some Legs. And the amount of workouts a week depends on your energy, level, experience and how much you actually need. When I first started working out I needed only 1-2 excercies for each muscle group to get sore. Now I need about 3-4 to get any kind of decent workout. It all depends on how long you've been at it.

You will know. When I started I way overdid it (like working out 5 or 6 times a week). I had problems sleeping. Three days a week works for me.

I normally do the 4 day split as follows:

Monday Back and biceps
Tuesday Chest and triceps
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Legs: Quadriceps (Quads), hamstrings, and calves
Friday Forearms and shoulders: deltoids (delts) and trapezoid ( traps)
Saturday Rest
Sunday Rest

this seems to be working good for me so far one week in. http://www.joelrodriguez.com/weight_training.htm#Workout Frequency

I normally do the 4 day split as follows:

Monday Back and biceps
Tuesday Chest and triceps
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Legs: Quadriceps (Quads), hamstrings, and calves
Friday Forearms and shoulders: deltoids (delts) and trapezoid ( traps)
Saturday Rest
Sunday Rest

This seems to work for me,I'm one week in and it's great!
http://www.joelrodriguez.com/weight_training.htm#Workout Frequency

You don't have to workout one muscle group per day...and i would defenitly do some legs. if you are going to only train 2x's per week then I would say you should jsut do either two total body workouts or a push pull split like this:

day1- push (chest, front/side delts, quads, triceps)
day2-pull (back, rear delts, biceps, hamstrings, traps)

The best thing u can do is EXPERIMENT and find what frequency works best for YOU. Here is a good rule of thumb, if your next work out you can add at least 2 reps or an increase in weight compared to your last wo, your doin good. But when u get stuck and cannot add anything, ADD REST DAYS.

Back