• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Controlling your cholesterol

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Courtesy Of Basskiller @ FG.com............

Controlling your cholesterol by:Fonz
Controlling your cholesterol during a cycle.....everybody should follow this (post #1)

When on cycle, your cholesterol levels tend to rise dramatically to > 200, your HDL drops to about 10-20, and your LDL increases to 150-200.

Well, there's one supplement out there that can remedy that.
Its one of the things I have been researching for the past 4 months. I posted this at AF already, but I'll post it here as well.

Its called policosanol. Its not expensive at all, and works better than any prescription cholesterol lowering drug with no side effects whatsoever.

This is just a brief description:

Policosanol is a natural supplement derived from sugar cane. The main ingredient is octacosanol. Octacosanol is an alcohol found in the waxy film that plants have over their leaves and fruit. The leaves and rinds of citrus fruits contain octacosanol, and so does wheat germ oil.

[Very important section]

Policosanol has been shown to normalize cholesterol as well or better than cholesterol-lowering drugs, without side effects such as liver dysfunction and muscle atrophy.1 Efficacy and safety have been proven in numerous clinical trials, and it has been used by millions of people in other countries. Policosanol lowers harmful LDL-cholesterol and raises protective HDL-cholesterol. HDL-cholesterol removes plaque from arterial walls.

[As you can see above, it sounds really, really good]

Policosanol helps stop the formation of artery lesions too, an effect similar to that of statin drugs. This was proven in studies on rabbits fed a diet designed to create high cholesterol. According to researchers ?????in most policosanol-treated animals, atherosclerotic lesions were not present, and in others, thickness of fatty streaks had less foam cell layers than in controls.,3

Policosanol also inhibits the oxidation of dangerous LDL-cholesterol4 which promotes the destruction of blood vessels by creating a chronic inflammatory response. Oxidized LDL can also provoke metalloproteinase enzymes.5 These enzymes promote blood vessel destruction, partly by interfering with HDL?????s protective effect. Studies show that rats treated with policosanol have fewer foam cells, reflecting less inflammatory response causing less blood vessel destruction.6,7

Healthy arteries are lined with a smooth layer of cells so that blood can race through with no resistance. One of the features of diseased arteries is that this layer becomes thick and overgrown with cells. As the artery narrows, blood flow slows down or is blocked completely. Policosanol can stop the proliferation of these cells in much the same was as lipid-lowering drugs.8,9

Policosanol also inhibits the formation of clots, and may work synergistically with aspirin in this respect. In a comparison of aspirin and policosanol, aspirin was better at reducing one type of platelet aggregation (clumping together of blood cells). But policosanol was better at inhibiting another type. Together, policosanol and aspirin worked better than either alone.10,11

Thromboxane is a blood vessel-constricting agent that contributes to abnormal platelet aggregation that can cause a heart attack or stroke. Significant reductions in the level of thromboxane occur in humans after two weeks of policosanol.12

[This section probaby describes ever single person on AAS)

People with elevated LDL-cholesterol (over 100) or low HDL-cholesterol (under 50) should seek to protect themselves from the potentially fatal effects of cardiovascular disease. Some people can achieve optimal cholesterol levels via dietary modification, while others require intervention with dietary supplements like policosanol or prescription drugs.

Some people will not achieve adequate results with policosanol or FDA-approved cholesterol-lowering drugs. That is why it is so important to have your blood tested when using policosanol (or FDA-approved drugs). Some people will only require 5 mg to 10 mg a day of policosanol, while others may need 20 mg/day. The same dosage variation may be true of cholesterol-lowering drugs.

A standard blood chemistry profile measures total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol and numerous other parameters such as liver and kidney function. By taking this blood test two months after beginning policosanol, you can adjust the dose to meet your individual need. This standard blood chemistry test can be done at your doctor's office or you can order it directly by going here.

Ok....so thats the concise version of what policosanol does...but then you need proof that it works. Thats where experimentation comes in...i.e. Real life blood tests using policosanol while on AAS.

My results:

May 21st, 2003(On Fina and test)

Total Cholesterol: 236
HDL: 10
LDL: 199

Added policosanol(40mg/day.....Higher than recommended but I wanted to see if it would have an immediate effect)+other stuff(But I have eliminated the other stuff through trial and error and observed the effect was minimal. The main cholesterol lowering effect was through policosanol)

Aug.12th, 2003(Still on Fina and test + masteron)

Total Cholesterol: 134
HDL:19
LDL: 96

Changes over the 2-month period:

Total Chol Change: 236-134 = 102/236 = 43% reduction
HDL Change:10-19 = 9/10 = 90% increase
LDL Change:199-96 = 103/199 = 51.76% reduction

Quite amazing huh?

It sure surprised me. Not only does policosanol do what its supposed to do on paper, but it does it in vivo, and has ZERO side-effects. Yep. ZERO.

Beats all the prescription chol lowering drugs like Lipitor etc.. hands down. And to boot, is quite cheap.

This is one suplement EVERYBODY on AAS should be using. SPECIALLY the people doing longer cycles.

Policosanol appears to be well tolerated and safe when given long-term (clinical trials up to three years). However,the trials were small and not large enough for us to determine any other effects but it looks very promising.

These studies showed the following side effects:

weight loss (1.8% of patients), polyuria ( peeing alot) (0.7%), and headache (0.6%). Other reported adverse effects include insomnia, polyphagia, nervousness, somnolence, dizziness, erythema, excitability, hypotension, hypertension, pruritis, skin rash, nausea, epigastric pain, diarrhea, constipation, and bleeding from the nose and gums

However, no Increases in hepatic enzymes and creatine kinase have not been reported with policosanol as you stated!

The effects on bleeding tend to be similar to 100mg of asprin so if you are going to have major surgery and they tell you to stop asprin products, I would stop the policosanol.

Wow, what great changes in the cholesterol! Although I wish your HDL was a higher :( . You can bring it up with some Over the counter Slo-Niacin. up to 2000 mg a day .....but this also has potential for hepotoxicity ( extremely rare).

The success rate of Policosanol is low. This cannot guarantee decrease in all the cases. Crestor from Astra Zeneca is next generation LDL Lowering and Blood Lipids~Triglycerides drug.
Atorvastatin salts are other effective choice than Policosanol.
Policosanol can be supplemented with Crestor or Atorvastatin for best results.
Originally posted by dg806
Courtesy Of Basskiller @ FG.com............

Controlling your cholesterol by:Fonz
Controlling your cholesterol during a cycle.....everybody should follow this (post #1)

When on cycle, your cholesterol levels tend to rise dramatically to > 200, your HDL drops to about 10-20, and your LDL increases to 150-200.

Well, there's one supplement out there that can remedy that.
Its one of the things I have been researching for the past 4 months. I posted this at AF already, but I'll post it here as well.

Its called policosanol. Its not expensive at all, and works better than any prescription cholesterol lowering drug with no side effects whatsoever.

This is just a brief description:

Policosanol is a natural supplement derived from sugar cane. The main ingredient is octacosanol. Octacosanol is an alcohol found in the waxy film that plants have over their leaves and fruit. The leaves and rinds of citrus fruits contain octacosanol, and so does wheat germ oil.

[Very important section]

Policosanol has been shown to normalize cholesterol as well or better than cholesterol-lowering drugs, without side effects such as liver dysfunction and muscle atrophy.1 Efficacy and safety have been proven in numerous clinical trials, and it has been used by millions of people in other countries. Policosanol lowers harmful LDL-cholesterol and raises protective HDL-cholesterol. HDL-cholesterol removes plaque from arterial walls.

[As you can see above, it sounds really, really good]

Policosanol helps stop the formation of artery lesions too, an effect similar to that of statin drugs. This was proven in studies on rabbits fed a diet designed to create high cholesterol. According to researchers ?????in most policosanol-treated animals, atherosclerotic lesions were not present, and in others, thickness of fatty streaks had less foam cell layers than in controls.,3

Policosanol also inhibits the oxidation of dangerous LDL-cholesterol4 which promotes the destruction of blood vessels by creating a chronic inflammatory response. Oxidized LDL can also provoke metalloproteinase enzymes.5 These enzymes promote blood vessel destruction, partly by interfering with HDL?????s protective effect. Studies show that rats treated with policosanol have fewer foam cells, reflecting less inflammatory response causing less blood vessel destruction.6,7

Healthy arteries are lined with a smooth layer of cells so that blood can race through with no resistance. One of the features of diseased arteries is that this layer becomes thick and overgrown with cells. As the artery narrows, blood flow slows down or is blocked completely. Policosanol can stop the proliferation of these cells in much the same was as lipid-lowering drugs.8,9

Policosanol also inhibits the formation of clots, and may work synergistically with aspirin in this respect. In a comparison of aspirin and policosanol, aspirin was better at reducing one type of platelet aggregation (clumping together of blood cells). But policosanol was better at inhibiting another type. Together, policosanol and aspirin worked better than either alone.10,11

Thromboxane is a blood vessel-constricting agent that contributes to abnormal platelet aggregation that can cause a heart attack or stroke. Significant reductions in the level of thromboxane occur in humans after two weeks of policosanol.12

[This section probaby describes ever single person on AAS)

People with elevated LDL-cholesterol (over 100) or low HDL-cholesterol (under 50) should seek to protect themselves from the potentially fatal effects of cardiovascular disease. Some people can achieve optimal cholesterol levels via dietary modification, while others require intervention with dietary supplements like policosanol or prescription drugs.

Some people will not achieve adequate results with policosanol or FDA-approved cholesterol-lowering drugs. That is why it is so important to have your blood tested when using policosanol (or FDA-approved drugs). Some people will only require 5 mg to 10 mg a day of policosanol, while others may need 20 mg/day. The same dosage variation may be true of cholesterol-lowering drugs.

A standard blood chemistry profile measures total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol and numerous other parameters such as liver and kidney function. By taking this blood test two months after beginning policosanol, you can adjust the dose to meet your individual need. This standard blood chemistry test can be done at your doctor's office or you can order it directly by going here.

Ok....so thats the concise version of what policosanol does...but then you need proof that it works. Thats where experimentation comes in...i.e. Real life blood tests using policosanol while on AAS.

My results:

May 21st, 2003(On Fina and test)

Total Cholesterol: 236
HDL: 10
LDL: 199

Added policosanol(40mg/day.....Higher than recommended but I wanted to see if it would have an immediate effect)+other stuff(But I have eliminated the other stuff through trial and error and observed the effect was minimal. The main cholesterol lowering effect was through policosanol)

Aug.12th, 2003(Still on Fina and test + masteron)

Total Cholesterol: 134
HDL:19
LDL: 96

Changes over the 2-month period:

Total Chol Change: 236-134 = 102/236 = 43% reduction
HDL Change:10-19 = 9/10 = 90% increase
LDL Change:199-96 = 103/199 = 51.76% reduction

Quite amazing huh?

It sure surprised me. Not only does policosanol do what its supposed to do on paper, but it does it in vivo, and has ZERO side-effects. Yep. ZERO.

Beats all the prescription chol lowering drugs like Lipitor etc.. hands down. And to boot, is quite cheap.

This is one suplement EVERYBODY on AAS should be using. SPECIALLY the people doing longer cycles.

where can ya getting it from...avg vitamin site?? i just had bloodwork done last week...and im gonna get it again in a month or so...so ill have good data for it

Last year my Total Cholestorol was 206, this year it's 108. What did I change? I started eating more leafy greens and doing more cardio.

Doc's were somewhat surprised, but that's the only thing I can point to.

Policosanol can be found at www.lef.org (Life Extension Tecnologies)
Crestor & Atorvastatin is prescribed and must be bought from your physician.
Originally posted by Power Rabbit
where can ya getting it from...avg vitamin site?? i just had bloodwork done last week...and im gonna get it again in a month or so...so ill have good data for it

I need to look into this. My levels are not so great during my cycles

Back