• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Islam

kuso

Um......get rooted!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Something I saw posted on another board......

Why a nun can be covered from head to toe and she's respected for devoting
herself to God, but then a Muslimah does that, she's considered "oppressed"?

Why a Jew can grow a beard and he's just practicing his faith, and
when a Muslim does that, he's an extremist?
When a western woman stays at home to look after the house and kids
she's sacrificing herself and doing good for the household, but when a
Muslim woman does so, she "needs to be liberated"?

Why is it that when a child dedicates himself to a subject, he has
potential, and when a child dedicates himself to Islam, he is
hopeless?

When a Christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e.
Ireland and the IRA) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam
that goes to trial?

But then again, why is it after all that, Islam is still the fastest
growing religion in the world?

I thought Christianity was the fastest growing religion... Also the women dont have ANY choice in the Islam situation. The nuns choose to follow GOD and they choose to live the life they live. I am sure some Islamic women dont mind, but im sure a lot would like to go veilless, but they cant... Its against the law. About the killing part. Christans arent taught to kill people, but Islam you get forty virgins when you die if you blow yourself up. Whoever originally posted this on the other board is an idiot. Sorry.

Originally posted by PreMier
Whoever originally posted this on the other board is an idiot. Sorry.

I don`t know about that. I`m not religious in any way but have been brought up in a society that is influenced by christianity so like it or not my morals and beliefs have also been influenced.

Perhaps the problem is more a point of us judging them by our own values when they quite clearly have been brought up differently.

Christans aren`t taught to kill, yet they`ve historically done it quite a lot. Muslim may well get there 40 virgins ( I`d personally prefer 40 babes with a bit of experience :grin: :dance: ) but it still a very small number of them that do it.

I have to disagree to some degree. Christianity is always on trial as well. I think islamic radical extremists have just been more in the limelight lately. As for Christianity being mentioned in Ireland and IRA and such, I don't know how they address it over there kuso, but Catholic and Protistant never goes without mention. Even though, anyone with a hint of common sense knows that fighting over there has NOTHING to do with Christianity. They are people killing eachother...plain and simple.

BTW, you are right in that Islam gets painted with a very broad brush...as do most faiths.

Originally posted by kuso
I don`t know about that. I`m not religious in any way but have been brought up in a society that is influenced by christianity so like it or not my morals and beliefs have also been influenced.

Perhaps the problem is more a point of us judging them by our own values when they quite clearly have been brought up differently.

Christans aren`t taught to kill, yet they`ve historically done it quite a lot. Muslim may well get there 40 virgins ( I`d personally prefer 40 babes with a bit of experience :grin: :dance: ) but it still a very small number of them that do it.
where u live kuso?

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
I have to disagree to some degree. Christianity is always on trial as well. I think islamic radical extremists have just been more in the limelight lately. As for Christianity being mentioned in Ireland and IRA and such, I don't know how they address it over there kuso, but Catholic and Protistant never goes without mention. Even though, anyone with a hint of common sense knows that fighting over there has NOTHING to do with Christianity. They are people killing eachother...plain and simple.

Agree completely!

I think you nailed it with radical extremists too. They are the problem of any religion ( even in Japan lol ). It would not be fair to judge christianity of the actions of the IRA and Protistants in Ireland, just as I guess its not fair to judge all muslims by the actions some radicals led by crazy leaders....

It would not be fair to judge christianity of the actions of the IRA and Protistants in Ireland, just as I guess its not fair to judge all muslims by the actions some radicals led by crazy leaders....

Amen buddy, but as we all know, we have our college educated derelicts(sp), that have been taught otherwise and therefore are experts on the subject. GAWD I'm dying to mention names. lmao.

christianity in japan?wow i really don't much outside of the U.S. lol

I like to jump into a frakus, I don't like being the cause. lol

Getting mellow in my old age.

OZ?

Originally posted by oaktownboy
christianity in japan?wow i really don't much outside of the U.S. lol

As BO said. I`M from Australia and was raised there. Have been living in Japan for several years though.

And there is several christan churches around me where I live.....though its not the most popular religon.

why did u move?

That's a good point trailrix, but what about taking up jihad? I've always wondered about that.

Jihad was explained to me by a Muslim friend as something that is a great challenge you dedicate yourself too... it's not necessarily holy war.... a Jihad can be doing more for your community or sacrificing more of yourself to help others or studying harder or taking a serious approach to something in order to be a better Muslim... basically to please God...

Jihad in the militant sense is something that isn't ever even taught in the western Muslim world... it's something that has come from the middle east where the situation for the Muslims there is quite different....

I'm not an expert on Islam... but ironically the one girl I would marry tomorrow is a Muslim and I am a Christian.... yes, impossible... but a boy can dream!! :D

Definately all major world religions can be used in a corrupt manner as much as providing liberation and salvation for the individual.

Trailrx and Holddamayo are right in that the extremists mar and taint the religion in a unsavory light in much the same way the Klu Klux Clan, the Crusades, or the Protestant/Catholic wars that ravaged and defined Rennaissance Europe paints Christianity with such a skewed, erroneous picture.

As a feminist, and knowing other muslim feminists ( many who are here after hemmorhaging out of the middle east) I find the islamic religion somewhat pro feminist, yet it is often seen as the great oppressor of women. Why it's been corrupted into oppression of the female identity..(.welll, that's a whole big argument but I credit it to theocratic dogma that utilizes the Qu'ran to build its power base for the men in political power).

I remember reading the Quraran when I lived in Malaysia and reading about Mohammad's second in command who was a great combat warrior and ...female.

Here are some basic tenets that many non muslims realize about true islam:

Islam declared women and men equal.

Islam condemned pre-Islamic practices degrading and oppressing women.

The same injunctions and prohibitions of Islam equally apply to both sexes.

Islam gave woman the right of inheritance and the right of individual independent ownership unhampered by father, husband, brother, son or anyone else.

Islam gave women the right to accept or reject a marriage proposal free from pressure, and by mutual agreement to specify in the marriage contract that she has the right to divorce (if she misses that option she has the right to seek court divorce if she deems the marriage to have failed beyond repair).

Islam does not require woman to change her name at marriage.

Islam protects the family and condemns the betrayal of marital fidelity.

"Heaven is at the feet of mothers", is a basic Islamic teaching.

"The best of you are the kindest to their wives and I am your best to mine", is a teaching by prophet Mohammad.

Islam enjoins sounds morality in thinking, behavior and appearance. Dress fashions and social patterns that reduce woman to a sex object and exploit her as such are not acceptable to Islam. (In fact, many of my profeminist women who are muslim credit the veil..if worn by choice and not threatened with death, can be very liberating since it is a method by which they are judged for their brains and not looks.)

The Qur'an is devoid of the stories found in the Old Testament which denigrate women. There is no hint that the first woman created by God is a creature of lesser worth than the first male, or that she is a kind of appendage formed from one of his ribs. Instead, male and female are created, we read, min nafsin wahidatin ("from a single soul or self") to complement each other (Qur'an 4:1; 7:189). Whereas the Torah or Old Testament treats Eve as the temptress of the Garden of Eden, who aids Satan in enticing Adam to disobey God, the Qur'an deals with the pair with perfect equity. Both are equally guilty of sinning; both are equally punished by God with expulsion from the Garden; and both are equally forgiven when they repent.

Granted, I'm not muslim, but I grew up in a Muslim country.

I think Kuso's message is a great one, let's not judge a religion by the idiots that take it to extremes such as the terrorists and/or the extremists that portray christianity in such a ugly light.

DAMMIT...who let a feminist in here? :p

Its OK though....she`s a really smart one :grin: lol

Total condradiction. :p

As the saying goes, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...". lol

Muslim: Blah, Blah, Blah

Christian: Blah, Blah, Blah

Back