• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High Intensity Cardio...

cytrix

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i've started doing 30 min. high intensity cardio recently four times a week after my weight training - i used to do only 12 min when i started several weeks ago. i walk uphill for 2 min, then sprint uphill for 1 min etc. i feel great doing it, but will it interfere with my lifting/gaining muscle? how much is ok to do?

Depends on your recovery ability.Sprints/uphill walking are pretty intense forms of cardio,especially when done post-workout.If your training poundages keep increasing I'd say keep it up.If not, you might want to start decreasing the frequency and duration to a more manageable level.The most I could get away with is probably 15 minutes twice per week without overtraining.Sprints are great for conditioning IMO.

In a word, "yes" it will iterupt your strength gains. Most of the time you either have to decide whether you want to lose weight by doing cardio or gain weight (muscle.) Every pound of muscle requires approximately 50 calories in order to maintain itself. By burning calories doing cardio, you are more or less robbing the body of essential calories for new and existing muscle growth and maintainance. If you want to put on some serious muscle, cut the cardio out completely and work on your diet. Muscle also burns more calories at rest then fat does so the more muscle you have on you the more calories you will burn automaically. Muscle also has a more leaner appearance than fat .

I agree with Large, it all comes down to what your goals are, if its dropping fat, then its fine.

well, i'm just doing it to be fit, not to get leaner. i also have come to enjoy it quite a bit, but i guess i will cut back to 20min, because i do want to get stronger/gain muscle. i know that sprints are compatible with lifting (not like low intensity hour long bike rides etc.), but it may easily lead to overtraining in combination with weight training .

Back