• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

RANT: Am i depressed???

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Whats up guys and gals...

shit hasnt been goin' good for me lately.
Bodybuilding is the ONLY thing that makes me happy right now.

Honestly, the only time i'm happy is in the hour or so leading up to my w.o., the actual w.o. and pump, and the few hours afterwards of pure ecstacy (you guys know the exhausted but exhilirated feeling of a great w.o., then a hot shower and a bigass meal).
Plus, as most of you bros know (that are close to me), i believe i have a serious dysmorphic complex, cuz the only time i feel "adequate" is when i have a serious pump going....

Plus,
*I'm graduating in may, with no idea of what i'm gonna do after i graduate. granted, i have a good fulltime summer job, but after that, who knows.

*The only girl i ever cared about (my ex. gf of 2.5yrs) finally started talking to me again, and like a fuckin sucker, i kinda fell back in love with her. but she's doing the same stupid shit now of why we broke up in the first place (playing hard to get, not returning calls, showing little interest.....).

*I have lost ALL my game, meaning w/other chicks. Going out with and getting so comfortable with one girl for almost 3 years, then all of a sudden being single again, i have lost any game i ever had.

I just really feel like no one understands me. Literally, the only thing to do at my school on the weekend is go to the bar, and i try not to drink that much anymore. When i'm at the bar, i feel so outta place, cuz again, i'm still kinda in love with a chick that pays me no mind, and i have lost ALL game with teh ladies.

Well, thats enough of a rant for one night.......Am i depressed?

Clinically depressed people dont even find pleasure in the activities they used to enjoy.

I'd say you're a bit down, but that it's just a bad time for you and that things will be looking up soon.

I'm sorry about your ex, relationships suck!

And I feel you about graduating in May, me too and I'm scared.

Like I said, things will be looking up again soon, don't worry.
**HUGS** We are here for you. Feel free to send a PM if you wanna talk :)

BTW Does your school have a counseling center where you can go talk to someone? I went to mine for a bit but at the time it was just too painful to talk about stuff..

college sucks dawg i feel u there..i am aloways depressed..i can't wait for the gym..many people can tell you if it weren;t for bb i would put a bullet through my head..u ain't alone cuz

this is exactly why I am always saying that we are too young for seriously relationships at our age my man. Fuck that shit. Now is your time to have fun dude, not be stressing over some chick. I know what you are going through man, believe me. It took me a long time to get over my most serious GF, but once I did and I spent some time alone, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I got to realize who I was without someone else there all the time. You get to do your thing without someone holding you back alot of the time. Most importantly you learn things about people. As long as you take something from this relatationship then it was a good thing. Never let a women string you along like that. they will take advantage of your lingering feelings and keep you in the "bullpen" man. Once you break up with someone, you gotta just give it time and move on, otherwise you will never get over that person. As for the game, dont' even worry bout that bro. Think of it this way. You don't need game, just keep it real and be yourself and the true women will see that you are good peoples, and the ones that don't are dumb hoes anyways. anyways man, you are a great person with a true heart, I know that b/c I don't associate with clowns, ya dig. haha. You got alot to be poud about dude, don't let some woman get you down. It looks like I am gonna have to teach you a thing or to about how scandalous these women can be, but we will work on that later. I will get back to you in your PM but I just wanted to give you love in public, cuz you are my man. Stay up dude, keep your head in the game and do your thing. Much love brotha.

Hang in there man. Your thoughs sounds pretty typical for a guy your age. I am 24yrs old and I still feel this way everyday. It really sucks. I agree with gr81 that you are to young to be in a serious relationship. You need to try and get out and enjoy life otherwise you'll just end up bing a bitter fuck like yours truely.

Flex, I'm sorry you're feeling down :( There are many levels of depression and you might have a slight touch of it. College is stressful and the fears of graduating and not really knowing what to do afterwards is too. I'm sorry you had a bad break up with your last girlfriend, you need to try to move on. It's not the easiest thing, I know, but she doesn't seem worthy of you.
I agree with the others, try to get out more, hang out with your friends and try to make new friends among people you don't normally socialize with.
I think we all go through periods in life like this and it's easy to get stuck in a rut. You put all of your focus on BB and it might not be the wisest thing to do. For you to feel too small is rediculous, you are looking great!
And Flex, there is no "game" with ladies, just be the sweet guy that you are and the girls will find you :)

Yo Flex hang in there man. I'm in a 5 yr relationship and we are 250 miles away and she is acting all weird so I feel your pain. You think you dont have game. I didnt have any when I was in high school which was the last time i was single. You'll be alright. Your pics look good, and since you are still happy about the gym you know everything will work out! This winter in CT can be a bit depressing, shitty weather and all. But life after college does suck, but at least you go to school in CT so you are going to have friends around you. All my damn friends are in VT MA and ME so I am here all by myself, working a shitty job. Cheer up man, being down aint going to get you anywhere you wanna be. ( i know it is tougher said than done)

what you need to do is pack your bags, come out to Alberta for a week, and the Missus and I will help you forget all your woes for a week!!

Originally posted by naturaltan
what you need to do is pack your bags, come out to Alberta for a week, and the Missus and I will help you forget all your woes for a week!!
Hell, I'll be willing to take you up on that if I had the time and money!!:D

From Ferris Bueller´s Day OFF

Cam : I'm dying
Ferris : You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your college is making you feel bad - drop it. (graduate first, your are almost there)
If your job is is doing the same thing - dropt it.

If that girl is the only you love - go for it.

You just gotta fill your life with things that you like to do, doens´t matter what it is. :D

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by naturaltan
sounds interesting

Originally posted by Flex

*The only girl i ever cared about (my ex. gf of 2.5yrs) finally started talking to me again, and like a fuckin sucker, i kinda fell back in love with her. but she's doing the same stupid shit now of why we broke up in the first place (playing hard to get, not returning calls, showing little interest.....).

*I have lost ALL my game, meaning w/other chicks. Going out with and getting so comfortable with one girl for almost 3 years, then all of a sudden being single again, i have lost any game i ever had.

When i'm at the bar, i feel so outta place, cuz again, i'm still kinda in love with a chick that pays me no mind, and i have lost ALL game with teh ladies.

1) Forget about the girl people very rarely change and when they do, it is never for the better.

2) IMO, having no game is the best game of all. Be vocal that you absolutely have no game, especially to the women.

I would say that while I was in high school, I had very low self-esteem. Once i found a way to laugh at myself, the world was my oyster, you should do the same. Relax, suck back on a Corona, and just chill, all is well.

*I'm graduating in may, with no idea of what i'm gonna do after i graduate. granted, i have a good fulltime summer job, but after that, who knows.

Highschool or college?

its college prince, and flex the truth is about 3% of the people who graduate do. Just find something to keep you busy and work on figuring out what you really want. Seriously go talk to your career service center. They can really help you with connections. Take it from me, someone who started way to late at it

Oh, Flex have you thought about graduate school? (Master's Degree? Law School, etc.?)

If I could go back I would have stayed in college for a Master's, maybe even went to Law School. You just cannot do much with a Bachelor's degree these days, and going back to school later on is VERY hard.

Just an idea.

Types of Depression
-Major Depression
-Chronic Depression (Dysthymia)
-Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression)
-Seasonal Depression (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
-Psychotic Depression
-Postpartum Depression

Here is a list of symptoms for Depression in General
-Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
-Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
-Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
-Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
-Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
-Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
-Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
-Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
-Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
-Restlessness, irritability
-Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain

You can read more on depression here.

You can take this quiz to see if you are truely at risk of being depressed.

its a good idea, I am headed back to law school next year hopefully (if I get in). I loved being in school and law school is going to be awesome. Flex think about more school seriously. Maybe take a year to find out what you want to do in grad school. And I just want to let you all know that when I become a hot shot sports agent or a big time corporate lawyer I am going to buy you all some supplements.

Originally posted by dg806
Hell, I'll be willing to take you up on that if I had the time and money!!:D

:hehe: ... if you're in these parts for some unexplainable reason, let us know! :D

Just keep your head up bro. Keep things in perspective. You're just one little person on a very big planet. A year ago none of this stuff mattered, and a year from now it won't matter either. Tomorrow is a day you create from what you do with yourself today.

Women come and women go. You usually find one when you aren't looking for it. If you aren't happy, change your situation until you feel happy. Only you can control that aspect of your life.

As for school, having been there as well - at least finish what you have started and then figure out what you are going to enjoy doing and get paid for it as well.

Wow, well, i just want to say thanks to everyone for trying to cheer me up, i really appreciate it guys (and gals)....

GBC- thanks hun, you're a sweetie

Oak- honestly, the gym is my only happiness right now

Gr-you couldnt speak more of the truth, i appreciate everything bro. but its just so hard to get over this chick again. The WORST thing is is that i know 100% that i'm a sucker, yet i still let myself get upset by her. But its not that easy, cuz you can't really control your feelings, ya know?

P-Funk- thanks buddy. everyone says i'm too young to be in a serious relationship, but i mean i've never cared for any girl in my life like her, so thats why i went out with her in the 1st place....

Jenny- thank you sweetheart. meaning "i lost my game", i'm saying that i'm just too shy and too much of a pussy to approach women. the only time i do is if i get real hammered...maybe i gotta start drinking more haha.

X-Ring- thanks for the advice bro. if you become a sportsagent, i'll be your asst.

Natty tan- haha thanks bro, i'll consider that offer

D.M.- thanks bud. but i mean i can't just forget about her. its easier said than done...

Prince- i've thought about grad. school, but i have no idea what i'd go for....

Butterfly- well, i believe i have way too many symptoms on that list to not be depressed (persistent sadness, hopelessness, worthlessness, pessimism, difficulty concentrating (on school work anyhow).

Ponyboy- you have a great perspective on life bro. i completely agree that you control your own happiness. its just tough rigiht now....

Communications.........the most broad "thing" imaginable.

i was thinking of getting my teaching degree. but its another 2yrs of school, and i dont think i can handle that much more.....

<-communication major

well GBC,
maybe we can talk about public speaking or small group communications sometime :cheeky: hahaha

communications is for people that don't know what other major they want to be in

lol...nah i like the major itself

i love people, etc... i dont feel like i did comm by default of not knowing what else to do
(thats psych majors :lol: )

comm IS broad yes, but I feel in a world of corporate scandal, it is going to become an increasingly more valued field :)

Flex I will keep you in mind and if I can afford an assistant I'll give you a call

Butterfly- well, i believe i have way too many symptoms on that list to not be depressed (persistent sadness, hopelessness, worthlessness, pessimism, difficulty concentrating (on school work anyhow).
Did you take the quiz?

You really should talk to a counselor, don't they have free ones at your college?

Communications.........the most broad "thing" imaginable.

i was thinking of getting my teaching degree. but its another 2yrs of school, and i dont think i can handle that much more.....

That's a great degree...leaves you open almost anything.

Honestly though, with a broad degree like that you're going to find it very difficult to get a decent paying job. You will basically have to decide on a field and start out in an entry level position and gain experience and hope to climb the "ladder".

If you truley aspire to teach then get the teaching degree now! I am telling your from personal experience I WISH I would have stayed in and got a master's or something more. I tried going to graduate school a year ago, and working full time and having a family just made it too difficult, so I quit.

Xring-when u sign and take over as Lebron and Arod's agent, i'm def in hahaha.

Butterfly- i didnt take the quiz, but i will later tonite.

Prince- i still may, but i'm not sure. i honestly dont know if i can handle another 2yrs of school

I think its better to take 1-2 yrs off and then go back to grad school if you so desire

Its not good to go to grad school unless you know exactly what ur goin for, and plus if you get a job they might pay for it or half at least

I say take a break but not like too long of a break cuz like Prince said, then tryin to have a family and all gets in the way

School really does wear you down, I swear I get dumber every semester :nut:

Just hang in there hon :)

Back