• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Broken arm help

kvyd

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok first of all IVe broken my left wrist twice before but evidently the last time i broke it it didnt set up right and fuse back together so now my left wrist is rather odd shaped and to get to the bottem line Im going to have to have surgery on it...Its has really been hurting my lifts as of late.

Are there anythings that can be done to cut down on muscle loss in the one broken arm? I dont see any way you could stop it but who knows. Should I still train just my right arm or let both arms get equally weak then train hard when I have use of my left wrist back?

Im thinkin I can just focus on legs for 6-8 weeks while I have to have the cast. And keep up my regular cardio.

I appreciate any help from someone who has broken a bone or has heard of anything like this.

you can train your right arm a little bit. What you get is the cross over effect. Your body always wants to try and stay symetrical, or as symetrical as possible, so even if you trained just one arm the other side will get some cross over strength in an attempt to remain symetrical.

p-funk is exactly right...try it.

in addition you can try to modify some machine exercises so that the handle is pressed against your forearm or use versagrip straps and place them above your wrist where they wont affect your injury. (if you have no idea what i am talking about let me know so i can explain it better)

check out versagrips if you dont have some already....they are 1000 times better than wrist straps and they are comfortable and dont dig into your wrists.

versagrips? when would i do these excercises and such please elaborate

vesagrips are like wrist straps...search for them on the web or go to a sporting good store...they may allow you to grip bars in such a way that it takes some strain off your wrist as they can be adjusted to sit higher up on the forearm.

at the time being i can still lift fine my wrist is just a bit weak. I go to an orthopeidic surgeon this upcoming wendsday. I feel pretty sure im gonna be in a cast the next 6-8 weeks. So if i just do dumbell excercises with my right arm cross over effects will limit muscle loss in my left arm?

it will limit the loss to some degree, anytime you cast a joint you are going to have some degree of muscle atrophy..see if maybe you can get a removable cast and if all else fails try some electostip at the PT office if your insurance will cover it.

ok my sugery date is April 2. My doctor said ill be in a cast 3-6 weeks then 2-6 months of PT.

good luck...i wish you a quick recovery!

gosh me too, this is going to all out suck.

IML Gear Cream!
i know its a let down.....but try to have a positive attitude.....it really helps you recover quicker

Back