• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Portis to Redskins for Champ Bailey

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This doesnt really concern me, but i thought it was a very interesting trade.

Clinton Portis is one of the best young RB's in the NFL, Champ Bailey one of the premier corners in the NFL.

BUT, a good RB has SO much more of an individual impact on a game than a good CB 9 outta 10 times.

WHy would they do this?

I'm guessin its for salary cap reasons. i think i heard Portis is a free agent after next year, so he'll most likely want a huge contract that perhaps Denver can't afford, so they figure they mine as well get something good for him???

tahts the best i can come up with of why they'd get rid of Clinton....
I think its a great deal for Washington. They just brought in a veteran in Brunell (even though he is depreciating every year), but adding one of the top 5 RB's in the league is a great pickup...

anyone got any info/thoughts on this?

a cornerback can be as valueable as a good RB. just look at ty law. running backs can be shutdown. titans allowed something like 77 yds/game rushing last year so any back can be shutdown. i think i shutdown corner can be more valueable than a back like portis.

Denver needs a good cornerback!

the trade is no where near a done deal. redskins want to trade bailey for some reason and denver is "interested."

I love the trade for the Redskins. I can see why Denver is doing it they have Anderson and Griffith so they figure they can let Portis go to get a good CB in Bailey.

Originally posted by I'm Trying
I love the trade for the Redskins. I can see why Denver is doing it they have Anderson and Griffith so they figure they can let Portis go to get a good CB in Bailey.

griffin has only played well in one game, the win over the colts and anderson isn't anything special. i think their only reason to do this is that their passing game is coming along nicely and portis is up for free agency soon and will want the the big bucks.

Because Portis is just another money hungry prick!

I am glad he is going, fuck em! Hey Portis > :flipoff:

He started talking shit about how he may not show up for practice and some other bullshit cause he deserves more money. Honestly I think once Mike Shannahan got wind of this, that was it. Yeah, they made up some crap about salary cap this and that, but I do not think that is the real reason, or the whole story.

anyway, Wahington can have the prick, we don't need him.

Champ Bailey to SEATTLE for Shawn Alexander!! apparently thats in the works right now. I would love that shit!! I am staying tuned

IML Gear Cream!
Joe Gibbs already working his magic.

BOO! i hate the redskins....i hope portis doesnt come here:( .....im a dallas fan...titans...maybe the cowboyus will get jevon kearse!!!

Originally posted by Brak86
BOO! i hate the redskins....i hope portis doesnt come here:( .....im a dallas fan...titans...maybe the cowboyus will get jevon kearse!!!

how bout no. not that the titans need kearse anyways. i happen to hate the cowboys so i hope they get no one.

Portis should come here to Arizona to replace emmitt smith.The cardinals could use a good running back.

You got that backwards ALBOB. From a displaced Redskins fan, who knows the Eagles all too well (I live outside of Philly).:D :D :D

:clap: :clap: Joe Gibbs :clap: :clap:

:flipoff: EAGLES :flipoff:

Originally posted by titans1854
how bout no. not that the titans need kearse anyways. i happen to hate the cowboys so i hope they get no one.

the first thing im gonna do is come here and laugh at you when teh cowboys get kearse!
:thumb: :D :mean:

Originally posted by JerseyDevil
You got that backwards ALBOB. From a displaced Redskins fan, who knows the Eagles all too well (I live outside of Philly).:D :D :D

:clap: :clap: Joe Gibbs :clap: :clap:

:flipoff: EAGLES :flipoff:

We'll be talking more. :evil2:

IML Gear Cream!
titans don't need kearse anyways. there going to win the superbowl with mcnair and bulluck. cowboys will probably make the playoffs but carter and hambrick aren't winning any superbowls.

I don't understand this trade.....
Bailey is a shutdown corner....
I'd keep the shutdown corner instead of getting the
good running back

titans don't need kearse anyways. there going to win the superbowl with mcnair and bulluck. cowboys will probably make the playoffs but carter and hambrick aren't winning any superbowls.

thats why we are getting rid of them......r u kidding? getting rid of hambrick is the first thing on our agenda....for christ sake im faster than that guy! ....ahah ok maybe not but still...he sucks

P.S. THe titans dont have a great chance of winning the superbowl....as a matter of fact, they ahve less of a chance than this year...

Originally posted by Brak86
P.S. THe titans dont have a great chance of winning the superbowl....as a matter of fact, they ahve less of a chance than this year...

It's well documented that I'm NOT a Titans fan but I wonder why you're saying they don't have a chance? They already have a damn good defense. If McNair gets and stays healthy all they need to add is a CONSISTANT running back to be legitimate contenders...........................................................after the Eagles, of course. :D

The Colts, Patriots...etc...this is the Titans problem. The top 3 teams (in some rankings I've seen) are in the AFC.

Titans probably aren't going to be much different than last year unless they have cap problems. i think eddie george is over the hill and i think there back up running backs are just as good as george. although george is still better than hambrick, but who isn't?

Titans probably aren't going to be much different than last year unless they have cap problems. i think eddie george is over the hill and i think there back up running backs are just as good as george. although george is still better than hambrick, but who isn't?

ahaha amen...i cant wait till we get another RB

Back