• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

veggie help

nikegurl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i'm still so bad about eating my veggies (non starchy fibrous ones)

i really need to improve on this. jodi posted a GREAT list for me awhile back which i still have but i wanted to ask everyone...which veggies do you find easiest to store and prepare? (keep in mind...i'm a lazy cook)

any advice or hints? i know i need to eat them and i'm gonna improve....they just seem like such a huge pain. i'm looking for painless veggie strategies. ;)

Do what I do. Buy the fresh bagged spinach. Easiest to prepare and eat, and should be really cheap where you are (A dollar a bag for me, a bag gives me two meals' worth of veggies). I put them in a huge bowl and mix a sachet of Splenda with paprika, hemp seed oil (you can use some crushed sunflower seeds, walnuts or walnut oil for variety) and apple cider vinegar as dressing. I probably go through 2 or 3 bags a day. Rinse, throw in a bowl, pour on dressing, and enjoy. I've grown to love spinach, honestly. Occassionally I'll buy some radicchio or endivces and throw them in the spinach for some variety.

Honestly speaking the best salad greens are endives, radicchio, baby mesclun greens, alfalfa and baby spinach, but that stuff tends to be too rich for my blood.

Peace.

i never buy the fresh bagged spinach. i'll have to try that. thanks! will it last a few days in the fridge or does it get funky by the 2nd day?

They keep for up to 9 days, I've noticed. Keep them in the coolest compartment of your fridge, though.

Peace.

Frozen broccoli and brussel sprouts :grin:

Rinse, nuke, eat.. hey, you said painless not gourmet tasting :p

throw fresh green beans, green onions, celery, broccoli any veggie you can think of in warm water and cook it like soup.. add spices :)
you can add some chicken and make it a chicken veggie soup!

you guys are good! thanks :thumb:

Frozen veggies....green beans, broccoli, califlower, etc. You just throw them in a bowl with a lil water and nuke them! I do buy my onions, shrooms, tomatoes fresh, but those go mostly in the meats I cook, expect the tomato, those don't last long at all!

stir fry veggies :)
That's what I'm making tomorrow!
Shrimp
Chopped Broccoli, green onions, celery, red-pepper, garlic
(throw them in pan, add 1/4 cup water to moisten, add spices then add the shrimp! or any other protein

IML Gear Cream!
Frozen veggies in a bag. Just throw them in a bowl and toss it in the microwave. I dont add any additonal water because the ice does enough for me, plus no water to drain just pull it out and eat it. Takes like 4-5 minutes. Best thing ever.

I still recommend the spinach, because it's raw. Whenever you cook, freeze or process the veggies in any way vitamins and minerals are invariably lost. Plus with the spinach all you have to do is take it out the bag and eat.

Peace.

Im gonna try that spinach it sounds awsome!

Spinach and lettuce in bags! Or brocolli stems in the bags. So easy-nothing to prepare. I also love to cut up fresh mushrooms and cook them in a non stick pan sprayed with pam-its not quick n easy, but they taste sooooooooo good!

Back