• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Junk Food Tax??

DrChiro

addicted to the crack
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was having a brain fart and thought I would share to see what some of you think about this idea...and hopefully to start some shit.

How about taxing junk food and fast food like cigarettes and alcohol get taxed. Then use that tax money to help fund health insurance. This will keep rates lower for everyone and the people eating all the crap who are treating their bodies like shit will be funding the insurance more since they will most likely be using it more.....I believe cigarette and alcohol tax should be used in a similar fashion.

Also....it seems for many people that money is a greater motivator than their own health for some reason...so if bad food was more expensive they would be less likely to buy it.

ever notice how cheap it is to eat shitty and how expensive it is to eat healthy...that needs to change.

we are the most overfed and undernourished country on the planet....and in spite of all of our money, research, and technological advances in medicine the US is the most unhealthy country in the world....I cant stand that!

Take soda and junk food out of schools, get all that shitty cereal off the shelves and end all that advertising for junk food to kids (just like they pulled cigarette ads)....this is already getting too long...i'll stop now!

hmm...maybe if arnold was president...hmmm.

Sounds like a great idea to me!!! I'd vote for it :thumbs:

Sounds good to me :thumbup:

There goes the ben & jerry's "cherry garcia" on
a dateless friday night

hmm...i was expecting more negative reviews....thanks kids!

Just as long as they don't make the tax huge on my diet cokes!!!

This is going to happen in Britain :)

I think its a good idea! One of the several reasons I quit smoking is they went up to $10 a pack, Canadian!

With healthy food being expensive, and fast food taxed, it would strike hard at the less fortunate.

Also, who is anyone to tell someone that they cant eat whatever they like? Sure they might cost taxpayers some medical bills, but thats they way society works. The healthy pay for the sick, the employed for the unemployed etc etc.

I'm all for it, but if we really want to look at the cause of obesity in this country, it's not the junk food intake (we actually consume less fat as a whole than other thinner countries) it is our inactivity.

The latter is due to the fact that we are a culture enslaved by the automobile. If there is to be a tax, it should be a higher tax on gas. Countries where gas is 8.00 dollars a gallon, people aren't going to be driving three blocks to pick up a gallon of milk. They walk or bike or take the metro. The french have a far richer diet (wines, cheeses, croissants etc.) yet they are overall much thinner than us.

A society less dependant on cars is a society that incorporates excercise into daily activities rather than forcing the issue of finding the time and discipline that alot of people don't have.

Americans are not "lazier" because we are the fattest industrialized nation (I contend we work harder than anyone) but because we don't have a culture conducive to incoorporating excercise for our average citizen. Of course, to tax gas would put hardship on everyone, and would involve changing the infrastructue (ie: more mass transit and decent bike lanes) so it might just be easier to tax junk food. However, if we tax junk food, we will probably hurt the providers of the raw materials, ie: farmers and I have less sympathy for the oil conglomerates.

I have a better idea but on the same lines. 1st off we all get cheat days and we would again be paying more taxes on behalf of those fat asses that abuse the junk food. So I say,, tax people on their bodyfat percentages,,,not weight mind you but Bodyfat percentage. If some lard ass has a 40% bodyfat percentage he/she should have to pay a tax. If I were president, I would call up the National guard to physically remove fat people from their homes and force them to run/excercise or be shot. Ok that is a bit far fetched but at least the 1st suggestion would be cool.

IML Gear Cream!
I agree with alot of your points Bandaid and I would like to say that I love reading your responses, they are always intelligent and well thought out. Another reason for the obesity I believe in this country, is the fact that we as a society accept it and even condone it as if it were not a growing epidemic. We do this b/c the sedentary lifestyle brings in money. We always hear time and time again that women are pressured into fitting an image that is found in the magazines, and that it is men's fault. This is so not true, not in the least bit. The fact is that we let women in this country do whatever they want with their body. What pressure is there? I don't know anyone that looks like the chicks in the mags, and I see no grief over it either. Women are taught that it is ok to be large, and that makes them a "real" women. Real women have curves, isn't that the new saying. We have plus sizes of everything nowadays, it doesn't matter if someone is overweight. And men are there too, there is nothing negative associated with coming home and sitting on the couch drinking beer every night and eating crap, b/c there is revenue to be made off that lifestyle and our society condones all of this. That is where I believe our obesity problems stem from. Instead of establishing good habits at a young age our kids grow up on McDonalds and every snack food you can imagine. I say that we need to address these issues at the root of their origin and not when they manifest into an epidemic, which by the way is what the situation has escelated to IMO. Why aren't there truthful service announcements running on TV familiarizing people with what fats are good and bad and that protien is good for you and whatnot? Why is that not a mandatory class required to graduate? It is something in society that we sweep under the rug b/c everyone is guilty and it isn't a high priority. We as Americans seem to want to reserve the right to have instant gratification all the time and this is just a part of that mindset. The simple reality is that its not enough of a priority for people, and there are so many stigmas attached to being healty that its no wonder people have no clue. We need to be educating people from the start and then maybe we can see some change. Until then, yeah I am down with the tax on junk food. better that then other things that I like! ha ha

I agree GR8 Bandaid hit the nail on the head as well as you. 2 excellent posts.

Originally posted by firestorm
If I were president, I would call up the National guard to physically remove fat people from their homes and force them to run/excercise or be shot. Ok that is a bit far fetched but at least the 1st suggestion would be cool.

Well since most people are obese I don't think you'd get the majority of the votes with that campaign slogan!

Originally posted by gr81
...The fact is that we let women in this country do whatever they want with their body. What pressure is there? I don't know anyone that looks like the chicks in the mags, and I see no grief over it either. Women are taught that it is ok to be large, and that makes them a "real" women. Real women have curves, isn't that the new saying.
What planet are you living on, my friend? None of the large women I know are buying that, no matter how often they hear it. They're struggling like hell to lose weight -- usually in the wrong ways, which is why they're still large and getting larger -- but they all feel like shit about themselves. All that "fat acceptance" stuff is nothing more than the last refuge of the hopeless.

I think a tax is a great idea, but not on "junk food" (how would one define that? The British idea is, from what I recall, to tax fat content, which is pretty stupid -- there go nuts, high-fat yet healthy fish...)

Instead, I think it should be on processing. A tax for each step in manufacturing. Whole or raw foods? No tax. Some weird-coloured, artificially-flavoured snack food that wouldn't even recognize its parent components if it met them in a field -- taxed to the max.

Originally posted by Akateros
What planet are you living on, my friend? None of the large women I know are buying that, no matter how often they hear it. They're struggling like hell to lose weight -- usually in the wrong ways, which is why they're still large and getting larger -- but they all feel like shit about themselves. All that "fat acceptance" stuff is nothing more than the last refuge of the hopeless.

Please, take a look around bro. They aren't beating themselves up for it, not at all. Fat people are not struggling to lose weight either. Fat Bitches are the most outwardly secure women on earth. Its teh 9s and 10s that are insecure. Talk to any fat bitch and they are proud of being a "real"women and all that shit. please. No one says shit to them, what man goes up to fat women and tells them they are too obese and they need to lose weight, besides me that is. ha. There is no pressure in this society to be fit at all, people are allowed to look howver they want and no says shit about it! They have definately accepted it and they have forced the rest of society to accept it as well.

hahahaha.....fat bitches your too funny GR8. you do have a way with words. I don't think any slogan of yours would get you elected to anything either bro. hahahaha

GR8 campaign slogan: "I promise a chicken for every pot and a fat biotch to be cooken it. Do you feel what I'm spitten'?"

hahahahahaha

".......I don't rap to get the women, fuck bitches,
Just give me a fat slut that cooks and does dishes........"
-Eminem

I thought that was a fitting quote. ha ha. Hey am I right or what though, seriously. The overweight women are always so rightuous about their weight while its the hottest chicks that are soo insecure. that is the way it is! believe that. The majority of overweight women are not even sweatin it. They may try some stupid diet once and give up. they are proud of it, which I find disgusting

Originally posted by gr81
Please, take a look around bro. They aren't beating themselves up for it, not at all. Fat people are not struggling to lose weight either. Fat Bitches are the most outwardly secure women on earth. Its teh 9s and 10s that are insecure. Talk to any fat bitch and they are proud of being a "real"women and all that shit. please. No one says shit to them, what man goes up to fat women and tells them they are too obese and they need to lose weight, besides me that is. ha. There is no pressure in this society to be fit at all, people are allowed to look howver they want and no says shit about it! They have definately accepted it and they have forced the rest of society to accept it as well.

In all seriousness though...I think I agree with you GR8. The pressure to be slim is slim in itself. You can't even call someone fat anymore. You have to be politically correct when identifying the overweight people in this country as a whole. Clothing lines called full figured? What the hell is that? full figured? everyone has a full figure unless they were blown apart by a hand grenade and parts are missing. God forbid the clothing company that came out a line of clothing called: Obese R Us. Their clothing could be top of the line in the fashion industry and nobody would buy it just because the name calls it as it is.
another point that backs up your statement is you watch these shows on tv and the big mamma come out stating yea boy I'm fat and proud of it! Just watch any jenny jones or such.
Look at how many of these overweight women dress! I went to a club last year and these young gals with big ole guts were sticking out from under their little half shirts and low rise hip hugging slacks. They don't give a shit that they don't fit in this stuff or what they look like. Actually they think they look great come to think of it. Just go to the beach and see how many of these women are in 2 piece bikinis that SHOULD NOT BE WEARING THEM. I mean FAT not chunky,,,FAT and wearing bikinis!!! It's good really that they have such a high amount of self confidence but it doesn't help their health or our eyes.

I went to a club last year and these young gals with big ole guts were sticking out from under their little half shirts and low rise hip hugging slacks. They don't give a shit that they don't fit in this stuff or what they look like. Actually they think they look great come to think of it. Just go to the beach and see how many of these women are in 2 piece bikinis that SHOULD NOT BE WEARING THEM. I mean FAT not chunky,,,FAT and wearing bikinis!!! It's good really that they have such a high amount of self confidence but it doesn't help their health or our eyes.

Exactly, they have no shame whatsoever!! that is sooooo true. You always see these bitches wearing things that are very unflaterring and too small. If you were worried about your weight or ashamed, you wouldn't expose yourself, but our society says that is OK. When I am down on my physique, I don't walk around exposing it. In fact I don't even do that when I am on toip of my game either.

In fact you guys shoudl listen to this. Being the blunt, don't-give-a-fuck type of person that I am, there have been several times where I have mentioned to a girl that I thought had potential, or had a real cute face, if she was interested that I would help get her into great shape or something along those lines. It totally wasn't rude or anything like that, simply the fact that these girls could go from like a 6-6.5 to an 8 or higher, just by losing some fat and all that shit. I didn't call them fat bitches or anything, just offering to share my BB expertise to benefit them, not me. Anyways they get sooo offended like no one has ever said anything like that to them before, not even their pussy boyfriends. After they would get past the initial shock, they would be htinking about it, I could tell. They just don't know how, and they figure that its OK and no one notices or something. Well we (men) do notice. I just thought thats funny that, and it proves my point that people, even these chicks BFs say nothing about it. they accept it. Well not I. something must be done.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm the same way G. I do not hold punches when someone asks my opinion.

In fact sometimes we offer our opinion without being asked, thats just the type of guys that we are, eh Fire! lol:D :yes:

yea man... I have found that approach tends to offend people but I don't care. all that really matters is that I got to tell someone that they need to loose a pound or 60. hahahaha

..... You can't even call someone fat anymore. You have to be politically correct when identifying the overweight people in this country as a whole. Clothing lines called full figured? What the hell is that? full figured? everyone has a full figure unless they were blown apart by a hand grenade and parts are missing. God forbid the clothing company that came out a line of clothing called: Obese R Us. ....

That is one of the funniest lines I've read in a while. But you are right.

Earlier this year, an internist in Ohio lost a wrongful death lawsuit involving an obese smoker who died of a heart attack. The jury awarded the family $3.5 million in part because they felt the physician did not do enough to help the man lose weight. The case is being appealed.
And public interest lawyers who are going after fast-food companies for possibly playing a role in the obesity epidemic have said physicians, too, may become targets if they don't do enough to help their patients slim down.

On the other side are members of the fat acceptance movement. These are people who fight to be accepted at the size they are, even if that size is defined medically as a serious health risk.

Organizations such as the National Assn. to Advance Fat Acceptance and the International Size Acceptance Assn. fight against discrimination on the basis of size in all walks of life, including the exam room. They say a doctor should not weigh a person (needed to calculate drug dosages etc.) since it is discrimination.

"There's a lot of anger and mistrust of the medical community within [this] community," said Allen Steadham, director of ISAA. "The weight in and of itself is not a dangerous medical condition. We don't see obesity as a disease."

Right now obesity is the number one cause of preventable death (outstripping smoking for that honor) and the second most common variable associated with "all" cancers.

In other words, if a doc tells his patient he or she is obese, he may be sued, and if he doesn't do enough (besides beg and plead to eat sensibly and excercise) I guess prescribing pills with alot of side effects and gastric bypass surgery is the only option for not getting sued. Disgusting.

Last edited:
nothing personnel Bandaidgal but your post just pissed me off again. God these people make me sick. sue sue sue Jesus man. no wonder medical costs are throught the roof. doctors have no CHOICE due to the amount of malpractice insurance they have to carry. Why in the Hell can't people take responsibilty for their own damn actions!!!! I just don't get it!!! Even cigarette smokers. EVERYONE knows cigarettes can cause cancer so people continue to smoke, get cancer and sue the cigarette companies. Come on now a little will power and some nicorette and you can quit smoking. You started it so YOU STOP IT and take responsibilty damnit! Oh man Bandaid,, your right, I need to get out on my bike today hahahahahahahaha
Hey maybe I;ll hit a tree, break a leg and I can sue Smokey the Bear for not allowing that tree to be burned down!!! hehehehe
Have a great day young lady and I'm glad my post amused you.
Regards,
Fire

Her post just proves my point that we as a society can't even point out a problem without a lawyer comin after us. A fuckin Dr can't even weigt his patient without is being discrimination!! WTF, this life we live is a fuckin joke for gods sake! I can't stand this crap. Forgive me for the language but man this pisses me off. When the hell did we stop dragging people in the town square and choppin off their head for insubordination, ya feel me! Its always everyone elses fault, nothing is ever that person's fault nowadays. There is always someone else to blame. Didn't out mothers teach us better then that? Isn't that one of the first things you are supposed to be taught as a child, to take respeonsibilities for yourself? maybe thats just me..apparently

Hey maybe I;ll hit a tree, break a leg and I can sue Smokey the Bear for not allowing that tree to be burned down!!!
:rofl: :ipoke: :funny: :hehe:

AAAAAHAHHAHA
When the hell did we stop dragging people in the town square and choppin off their head for insubordination, ya feel me!
:rofl: :lol: :laugh:

PAAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE YOU GUYS ahahahahah
"I dont care who you are, thats funny!"

sorry its really not that funny but DAMN
its hilarious!

Did you hear that Gman? We're loved man!! Mycat is showing us love! See bro,,,some peeps appreciate our existence here. 6,000 members and we finally have a fan. hahahaha

Originally posted by bandaidwoman
I'm all for it, but if we really want to look at the cause of obesity in this country, it's not the junk food intake (we actually consume less fat as a whole than other thinner countries) it is our inactivity.

The latter is due to the fact that we are a culture enslaved by the automobile. If there is to be a tax, it should be a higher tax on gas. Countries where gas is 8.00 dollars a gallon, people aren't going to be driving three blocks to pick up a gallon of milk. They walk or bike or take the metro. The french have a far richer diet (wines, cheeses, croissants etc.) yet they are overall much thinner than us.

A society less dependant on cars is a society that incorporates excercise into daily activities rather than forcing the issue of finding the time and discipline that alot of people don't have.

Americans are not "lazier" because we are the fattest industrialized nation (I contend we work harder than anyone) but because we don't have a culture conducive to incoorporating excercise for our average citizen. Of course, to tax gas would put hardship on everyone, and would involve changing the infrastructue (ie: more mass transit and decent bike lanes) so it might just be easier to tax junk food. However, if we tax junk food, we will probably hurt the providers of the raw materials, ie: farmers and I have less sympathy for the oil conglomerates.

I totally disagree with this. Sure mass transit works in Europe, and other places, but look at their population density. Where I live, mass transit is impractical. I mean we have busses and a small light rail, but you definately cant get everywhere with them. There isnt enough time in the day for catching busses to the next train station.
When I was in Tokyo the mass transit was phenominal. They had above ground trains, and subway. You could get anywhere in the city on theese, and walking became practical. It was nice to be able to pay 2$ for a ticket to get across town. However Tokyo also has 40million+ people living there.

Back