• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Headline/main Graphic

plouffe

is bulking
Registered
Reaction score
I dont see what is sloppy either :confused:

I like simplicity, I like lean and mean, I dont like bloated crap websites. I actually used to turn off images on webpages because of load times (granted I was on a modem).

I think its ridiculous that kids these days are such whiny crybabies about fancy pants crap needed on webpages and in video games and in daily life.

No I dont live in the Bible belt either.

Until everyone is on high speed internet connections flash sites are not good, it turns away many visitors. I use high speed connections (1 T-1 at work, and I recently upgraded at home to cable) but I still do not like the fancy flash sites. :shrug:

And I agree, while slick (bloated) graphic sites look really cool, they're not very functional. I like the site to be quick and efficient, and I will take that over a bunch of fancy graphics.

Maybe Mudge and I are just old! :)

I would almost be using Lynx if I could, but now since people dont follow W3C standards set in place it would be almost impossible to use it except on text based sites.

Now where images once were there were accurate descriptors of what the IMG was for, now often times there is not. I dont like bloat on my home computers either but I have learned to live with things like, a desktop background :lol: Generally speaking though I like things lightweight and fast, my cars and my computers, and I dont want to have to install 50 pieces of buggy software to get a website to work.

I dont want to sound like an ass but I like things that can be made to look good with simplicity and without alot of garbage on top. When it comes to graphics and stuff I dont need fluff and I am not that picky, I dont stare at the headline too much, it just happens to be there, so it doesn't bother me...

Oh well :shrug:

Why don't you steal a graphic..say from a well-know supplement company and use it as your avi..I mean logo.

Originally posted by Prince
Until everyone is on high speed internet connections flash sites are not good, it turns away many visitors.

Not true, it is possible to build a very light website in flash. I just don´t see the point about doing it because I love how simple and organized IM is.

Is this the last version of vBulletin ?
You could check for updates or new tools..
http://www.vbulletin.org/
http://www.vbulletin.com/

It becomes a bit of work though and really the site is here for bodybuilding/fitness, not lessons in artistic web design :D

Originally posted by Vieope
Not true, it is possible to build a very light website in flash. I just don´t see the point about doing it because I love how simple and organized IM is.

Is this the last version of vBulletin ?
You could check for updates or new tools..
http://www.vbulletin.org/
http://www.vbulletin.com/

Exactly, and people come to sites like this for information, not pretty graphics.

It's vB version 2.3.4, the latest version in the 2.x.x series, but vB now has version 3 out, however I have no immediate plans of upgrading to version 3.

Originally posted by Pepper
Why don't you steal a graphic..say from a well-know supplement company and use it as your avi..I mean logo.

If you're directing that towards me. You can kiss my ass. Don't have a suggestion box if you're just going to take offense to my ideas.

Originally posted by plouffe
If you're directing that towards me. You can kiss my ass. Don't have a suggestion box if you're just going to take offense to my ideas.

You need to lighten up, plouffe. That was a bad of an overreation to a joke as I have seen around here.

Alright, I just like pretty Flash :D

I dont care for flash either. Plouffe is loco :p

Is this the new "idea"... This umm purple?

Atleast it is easy on the eyes...

Originally posted by Vieope
Again with the mushrooms ? :)

I dont understand?

Back