• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A Little Direct Forearm Work Goes A Long Way

CowPimp

Fueled by Testosterone
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Due to my lagging grip strength, as well as my desire to hit up as many muscles in my body as possible, I started to throw in a small number of direct forearm sets and dedicated an entire day to arms. I do 2 sets of wrist curls, and 1 set of reverse wrist curls. As well, for a small additional amount of work, I threw in a single set of hammer curls and two sets of straight bar curls when doing biceps.

My forearm strength has shot up dramatically in just a few weeks. Just this past week my wrist curls went from 75 pounds 11 times to 85 pounds 10 times. As well, I went from 55 pounds for 7 reps to 10 reps on the reverse wrist curls. On top of this, my grip strength has definitely improved. In addition to being able to last longer and go a little heavier on lifts like deadlifts and SLDLs (The real reason I started to notice my lagging grip strength), my grip feels more solid and in control for any heavy lift. I don't know if I have gained much mass, but strength is really what I care about anyway. Plus, I've only been directly hitting the forearms for about 3 weeks now.

Just felt like I'd throw in a little useful information for those looking to increase their grip strength. I hope I'm not the only one who's had trouble with that.

I used to do like 20 sets of for forearms, because they're sweet as fuck. They got huge after like 10 - 20 set workouts. Now they're just maintained by pulling movements, deads, etc.

I just started adding in direct forearm work as well. 3 sets of 15 wrist curls with 50lbs one set reverse wrist curls. Dam they fn burn like hell. I like the way they make my veins pop out to.

Originally posted by plouffe
I used to do like 20 sets of for forearms, because they're sweet as fuck. They got huge after like 10 - 20 set workouts. Now they're just maintained by pulling movements, deads, etc.

Wow. That is an intense forearm workout. I don't even hit up my legs with 20 sets...

I used to go to as high as 5 sets both sides, now I just so 1-2 (3 at the most) and I seem to do quite well.

Originally posted by myCATpowerlifts
masturbating works just as well :p

jk :lol:
yeah but some of us have more weight to lift than others

Lee Priest said so himself :D

Originally posted by CowPimp
Wow. That is an intense forearm workout. I don't even hit up my legs with 20 sets...

Try it out. Trust me just do like 10 serious forearm workouts with around 20 sets. Your forearms will explode. I guarentee 1/4 inch on them bitches after 10 workouts w/ 20 sets. Reverse Curls/ Wrist Curls/Hell Stick thingys/deadlift holds/Gorilla Hangs.

Originally posted by plouffe
Try it out. Trust me just do like 10 serious forearm workouts with around 20 sets. Your forearms will explode. I guarentee 1/4 inch on them bitches after 10 workouts w/ 20 sets. Reverse Curls/ Wrist Curls/Hell Stick thingys/deadlift holds/Gorilla Hangs.

I wasn't doubting the effectiveness of your workout. I know that forearms can take a lot of abuse. I used to take a bar, a jump rope, and a 10 pound weight and attach the weight to the bar. Then, you roll the bar forward to "reel in" the weight. After you reel it in, unreel it. Do that a few times and your forearms will burn.

IML Gear Cream!
I been considering adding some forearm training to my workout but gonna wait till i got a bit more overall body strength and mass first

Originally posted by Mr.Attitude
I been considering adding some forearm training to my workout but gonna wait till i got a bit more overall body strength and mass first
If you start your foreamrs now you will add more body strength and mass. The stronger your forearms are better grip and more weight you can hold.

Originally posted by Mr.Attitude

I would suggest starting now. I wish I had started months ago. Then my grip strength wouldn't be holding back my straight legged deadlifts so much. As I said, 3 sets of forearm work makes a large difference. You could throw in hammer curls on bicep day for a little extra forearm work.

Try doing farmers walk with some heavy ass dumbells.Does wonders for your grip strength!

Definatly, Holding Static weight weight, pulling movements, deadlifts, hangs.. etc. Those are the best for mass. They're alot more effective than wristcurls.. etc. I try adding both types of movements together for best results. whip whip. :D

Thanks guys think i will add them to my workout now, now that i think about lack of grip kind of lets my back workouts down a bit :)

i didnt read all you guys wrote but i have to say that i love my forearms (i wish i could say that about my biceps) any i work my forearms directly once a week, i get such a crazy pump in them after like 3-4 sets that i ave to stop because of all the blood and sometimes even pain, i love the feeling any my forearms are just big and full

20 sets of forearm work is excessive, in my opinion...most of the people I know keep the volume low because of ansillary exercises (pullups, deadlifts, upright rows) and they can't progress unless they severely regulate the volume.

Back