• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

All Competitors check in

scottrtrout

WNBF Pro
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering who all out there are competitors or have competed, and your contest history? And if your not who wants to one day?

Never competed but will be competing May 1 in Dcbodybuilding's Musclemania. :)

Umm..4 in figure all in NPC started in 2002. planning on a natural bbing June 12th, then July 10th NPC Texas for figure...after that, its up in the air!

NPC Figure
competed 2003

Was going to this year (and still may) but I'm just having too many problems and I need to look out for #1;)

Competed Sept. 2003 Figure

Plan is to compete as a lightweight in BB this November :D

My plan is the NPC Heart of Texas in October. Will be my very first comp.

June 26 NABBA 's Natural Empire State bodybuilding championship

NPC World Gym Classic (bb) in CT....way back in 1993 (GULP!)

I'd like to go again...one more time. :D

Mr.Wisconsin INBF state show April 17th

Tank...where in Wisc? I have family up there.

Cajun....How are you????? which show ya gonna do?

Hey Jodie!!

Its a show in Houma Louisiana. (Still trying to work on the confidence, though )

You'll do great! Just strut and smile big!

Originally posted by JLB001
Tank...where in Wisc? I have family up there.

Madison is where the show is held and i live in Barron, 90 miles straight east of the Twin Cities:D

Kewl...I was born in LaCrosse.

Originally posted by JLB001
Kewl...I was born in LaCrosse.
i'm brain dead right now for names, but back in the 80's there were some really big boys from the LaCrosse area that were powerlifters.
:D

I haven't lived there in ages! I only go back to visit my grandmother, etc. Never really stay longer than a week.

As soon as I get my career going and get a steady job, I will definitely look into competing.

HOWS EVERYBODY DOING????

i personally am getting excited about getting on stage again, about 2 wks to go,looking pretty good.
anybody else need to rant or what ever!!!!!!:D

pssst Leslie. time to go again. ;)

I thought that when I posted that:laugh:

Maybe I will consider it.. I need something to motivate me these days:rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone!!!:cool2:

I'm on the last stretch just over a week and a half to go till the Pro American! I'm right where I want to be. By next week I should be at the best shape of my carrier:thumbs: but I'll be one of the smallest guys on stage so if I make top 5 (in the $$$) I'll be thrilled. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Senior BBing...4 shows:

1998 (lightweight)
1999 (lightweight
2002 (lightweight)
2004 (light-middleweight)...new class...176lbs

Future plans - NO MORE COMPETING:)

Man...I just it sooo taxing on my body trying to come down from the high. Things are fine when I'm all OCD (obsessive compulsive) with my diet, training, etc. but I seem to really hit the all time low after the shows are over. I've competed quite a few times and have definately noticed a pattern with what I mentioned. I also find the sacrifices are becoming less and less worth it as I'm getting older. Guess different things are becomming more important. I may do it again...BUT definately not for several years. In my quest to gain mass and constantly pay attention (too much I think) to diet, etc. I have lost interest in many other things that used to be important to me...like sports (cycling, soccer, running, hockey,etc). I also find my overwhelming obsession with BBing in a competitive sense has somewhat alienated me from a lot of my friends....I've become too wrapped up in my training and eating. Same goes with women....it's like...I likely look "better" than I ever have...yet I have NO confidence, have become less outgoing (intimidated I think), and basically feel as though I'm on a lifelong quest to be single. I'm ranting...but from reflection I think it all comes back to getting involved in COMPETITIVE BBing. I need to get back to the stage where I went to the gym to better myself....but where it doesn't consume my life.

Does any of this make sense....I'd love to hear your thoughts!

BTW....you made some serious gains in your photos...congrats on the show and your accomplishments:)

Originally posted by Fit Freak
Does any of this make sense....I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Yes, perfect sense, I was just curious as to your reasons.

I competed when i was younger, then went 10 years before I did this last show. In fact I have only been seriously back into bodybuilding for the past 2-3 years. Unfortunately back in August 2003 I suffered a nerve injury in my back that set me back a good 6 months.

For the past ten years I have focused on career, family, etc., now that I have all of that and feel "stable" (family & financially), I decided to start competing again.

Luckily my wife is into bodybuilding/fitness as much as I am, that makes things much easier. She will be competing May 22 and June 26 as well.

I have no idea how many more times I (or my wife) will compete, but definitely two more shows this year, June 26 and Nov 13 for me.

It definitely consumes you, mainly the training and eating, it's a 24/7 lifestyle.

You will probably change your mind down the road though, you'll get bit by the bodybuilding/competition bug again. ;)

Prince...couldn't agree more with what you said....makes a lot of sense. Things change...I guess I need to focus on other areas od my life for a while...BUt I'm sure I'll do it again.

I gave some feedback re. your wife's photos...see the thread. IMO she looks great!

Can an athlete spill over if they are at 1 - 3 % bodyfat in a matter of one day if they do not drink water ?
I am doing a show & plan on eatting about 10 sweet potatoes & oatmeal every other hour. If a person is lean & does this in one days time, can they spill over and ruin their physique ?

Back