• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Michelle's Journal

MrsMiche

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, here goes! :) My primary goal is to lose body fat. I'm 5'10", 160lbs, size 8/10. I don't know my body fat percentage. I have a cable weight machine and dumbbells. I'm quite a novice so I'm not up on all of the proper terminology for various exercises so please help me out. Any and all input greatly appreciated!!

Monday 3/15 Workout: The number of reps on a couple of the exercises were a couple less for the 2nd and/or 3rd set.

Standing leg curls (hamstrings): 3x5x40lbs each leg, 3x15x30lbs

Barbell Curl (biceps): I don't have a barbell so I hold 2 dumbbells in front of me. 3x8x20lbs in each hand

Leg extensions (quads): 3x8x100lbs

Lat pulldowns (lats/upper back): 3x7x70lbs, 3x6x60lbs

One leg calf raise (calves): 3x23 each leg (no weights)

Cable rows (lats): 3x10x100lbs - should I be doing these overhand or underhand??

Leg press (quads): 3x20x180lbs

Seated dumbbell curl (biceps): 3x7x20lbs, 3x6x15lbs (I do the 20lbs to fatigue and then grab the 15lbs and continue to fatigue again. Then on the next set I start over with the 20lbs.)

Standing calves (calves): 3x40x40lbs (For this I put 20lbs on each shoulder - no calf machine.)

Deadlift (lower back/hamstrings): 3x15x25lbs (planning to up this to 30lbs next time)

Cardio: step aerobics interval tape - 40mins.

I'll post today's diet tomorrow morning.

Welcome! Dont forget to post your diet, thats super important!

Forgot to add - for the calf raises I hold 3 seconds in the up position.

Hi Michelle! :wave: great to see a journal started! awesome idea! :) best of luck!

do you have any sort of current training split that you are following?

Yes, I'm doing a 2 day split (I think it's called). So I do half my body on day 1 and the other half on day 2. And I do each half twice a week. So it looks something like Mon - day 1, Tues - day 2, Thurs - day 1, Fri - day 2. The second half of the week I don't have set in stone yet. It could either be Thurs/Fri, Thurs/Sat, or Fri/Sat. So far I've just been varying it week to week as far as the exact days goes.

And I've been doing cardio 6 days/wk in addition to the above, but I'm thinking maybe I should change it to 5 days so that I'll have 2 complete rest days. Or not? Pros and cons??

Monday's food:

Meal #1: 2 tblsp oats, 1 scoop whey

---Workout

Meal #2: 1/4c oats, 1/4c all bran, 2 scoops whey, 3/4c berries, 1/2 tblsp walnuts

Meal #3: Romaine, spinach, tomato, 1/2c tuna, 1 tblsp low-fat dressing, 2 egg whites

Meal #4: 2 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 apple, 3/4c total protein cereal (dry), 2 egg whites, 1/4c tuna, 1 high fiber tortilla

Meal #5: 3/4c chicken, 1/2 sweet potato, 2c broccoli, 1 teasp olive oil

Meal #6: 1/4c oats, 1 scoop whey, 1/4c berries, 1/2 protein bar

Tuesday, March 16

Workout:

Dumbbell chest press (chest): 3x14x30lbs each hand

Side lateral raise (shoulders): 3x15x20lbs each hand

Crunches (abs): 3x90 (no weights)

Seated dumbbell overhead press (shoulders): 3x11x20lbs each hand

Tricep push back (triceps): 3x15x25lbs each hand

Dumbbell ped flyes (chest): 3x11x30lbs each hand

Overhead tricep extensions (triceps): 1x19x30lbs, 2x12x35lbs

Reverse crunches (abs): Don't know if what I do is really a reverse crunch or not. I lift my legs straight up and hold for 3 seconds and repeat. 3x30 (no weight)

Pelvic lifts: 3x30 (no weight)

Ok, so I'm shooting for 1750 cals/day 5 days/wk and 2100 cals/day 2 days/wk for refeeds. Should I even be doing refees? My primary goal is fat loss. I've read the refeed sticky several times. I believe it says a refeed should be 25-50% OVER *maintenance* calories?! That would be a boat load of calories. Should I really be doing that or is my current plan good?

IML Gear Cream!
Shoot! I knew I was forgetting something. Tuesday's workout also included cardio. Treadmill, highest incline, 5min warm-up, then 3mins walking, 2mins running, repeat. 45mins total.

ok as for cardio- 5 or 6 days is even TOO much!! :shake:
3-4 days max is all that is needed. I would opt for 3 days of HIIT style cardio for the most benefit.

about mondays food :
it looks good, although I would drop the walnuts post workout. you dont want any fats at this time. move them with another meal in the day.
also, Id drop that protein bar(even if was only half) - they are all junk. also remove those oats/berries in meal 6- you want to limit carbs in your last meal unless u had just worked out. add in more fiberous veggies.

you can defintly try that with your calories for a while and see how your body responds. If it works-stick to it. I think its a great idea to have once higher calories day a week at least to get your metabolism back up from dieting.
cycling calories works very well.

Ok, so I guess what I'm doing is more "calorie cycling" than it is "refeeding" because my carbs aren't really that low to begin with?

It will be a definite challenge for me to get my meal #6 in line. That's the time of day when I really want something sweet-tasting. Broccoli at 8:30pm? Yum - LOL! I'll think of something.... Chocolate is another challenge of mine - and that's the excuse for the protein bar - better than chocolate, but still junk. Dang! Maybe I'll have to try some chocolate flavored whey.

Oh, but on my higher calorie days I'm also eating more higher GI carbs. Bad move?

what sort of carbs on your higher calorie day?

and yes its more calorie cycling. it will work great-at least it should you can tweak when needed! :)
hmmm cures for the evening sweet tooth-
sugar free jello
or chocolate whey protein is great, add in some natural peanut butter for a yummy "treat" (tastes like).
or else cottage cheese with nat pb mixed together then slighty frozen is veryy good! (I just tried this a couple weeks ago-someones idea here).
for a better version of hot chocolate- mix a tablespoon or so of pure cocoa with water, then microwave until heated, add in 2 packs of splenda and 1T. half/half. very good! :)

Thanks for the suggestions!! I'll trying that cocoa tonight I think!

As far as the carbs go - for example things like whole wheat soft pretzels, non-fat cornbread, cereal (NON-high protein), etc.

I think that this will be ok. try it for a while. it should shock your metabolism and be beneficial. only make it ONE day though! ;)
and make sure that you have a protein source with those higher GI carbs!

Ok, will do on the one day. That's what I ended up doing last week anyway so I'll just continue that. Thanks!

Tuesday food:

This was my calorie/carb "up" day.

Meal #1: 1 scoop whey, 1/4c oats, 1/2 apple

----Workout

Meal #2: whole wheat cornbread (nonfat), 2 scoops whey, 3/4c berries

Meal #3: whole wheat soft pretzel, 1/2c chicken, salad (romaine, spinach, tomato), 1/2c broccoli

Meal #4: 3/4c Total Protein cereal, 1/4c oats, 1 scoop whey, 1 tblsp raisins

Meal #5: 1/2c whole wheat sphagetti, 1/4 c red beans, 1/2c ground turkey

Meal #6: 2c broccoli, protein shake

Snack: "diet" cocoa - 25cals, 4g carb, 2g sugar, 1g fiber, 30%dv calcium. Is this horrible?

Wednesday workout:

55mins step aerobic intervals

IML Gear Cream!
MrsMiche -- You're in good hands with AJ.

Keep up the hard work cause, in the end, it def. pays off:thumb:

if thats your carb up day then it looks good! do you know the total macronutrients?
and no the "snack" diet cocoa is fine! :)

55 mins cardio though?? :hair: I really feel this is overkill. I would for for 40mins max moderate pace cardio or 25mins intervals (much better IMO) ;)

I used to do 90mins of cardio a day so I'm having trouble getting used to this reduced schedule!!!

And no, I didn't calculate my macronutrient breakdown. Is there a certain breakdown I should be aiming for on an "up" day?

Wednesday's food:

Meal #1: 1/2 apple, 4 egg whites

---Workout

Meal #2: 1/4c oats, 1/4c all bran, 1 scoop whey, 3/4c berries

Meal #3: 1/2c tuna, 1/2tblsp low-fat mayo, 1/2 whole wheat pita, 1/4 apple, 1 teasp pb, salad (romaine, spinach, tomato, 2 egg whites, 1 tblsp low-fat dressing)

Meal #4: 1/8c oats, 1/4c Total Protein cereal, 1/4c all bran, 1/3c berries, 1 sccop whey, 1 tblsp walnuts

Meal #5: 3/4c round steak, 1/2 sweet potato, 2c broccoli, 2 fish oil caps

Meal #6: 1/4c round steak, 1/2c Hoods Carb Countdown yogurt (no sugars), diet cocoa, 1/4 c Total Protein (I know I shouldn't have eaten the cereal in meal #6 - ugh).

Thursday workout:

The number of reps on a couple of the exercises were a couple less for the 2nd and/or 3rd set. I had to make a 10lb decrease on the lat pulldowns and cable rows due to a chronic injury that is flaring. Hopefully I'll increase them again next week. Made gains in several other exercises though.

Standing leg curls (hamstrings): 3x6x40lbs each leg, 3x20x30lbs

Barbell Curl (biceps): I don't have a barbell so I hold 2 dumbbells in front of me. 3x8x20lbs in each hand

Leg extensions (quads): 3x9x100lbs

Lat pulldowns (lats/upper back): 3x15x60lbs

One leg calf raise (calves): 3x27 each leg (no weights) 3ct hold

Cable rows (lats): 3x15x90lbs

Leg press (quads): 3x20x180lbs

Seated dumbbell curl (biceps): 3x8x20lbs, 3x7x15lbs (I do the 20lbs to fatigue and then grab the 15lbs and continue to fatigue again. Then on the next set I start over with the 20lbs.)

Standing calves (calves): 3x45x40lbs (For this I put 20lbs on each shoulder - no calf machine.) 3ct hold.

Deadlift (lower back/hamstrings): 1x15x25lbs, 2x12x30lbs each hand

Cardio: 35mins Tae Bo (It's on my list of things to do to look into the HIIT).

I'm thinking I may need to switch from a 2 day split to a 3 day split (4-5 days/wk - not sure which). The issue is my current split is taking me 1hr 20mins to complete not counting the cardio, and I've read on here that you shouldn't go over 60mins at a time. Sound like I should switch??

Well if it were me, personally I would switch to a 3 day split, I feel you can hit each muscle group more intensly that way!
your diet for yestarday looked great! :)
as for calculating everything on your "up" day, thats not needed at all, just eat until your satisfied;)

Just popping in to say I'm still here. Haven't missed a workout and am still eating "clean", but there's a family crisis going on and I don't have the time to spend on posting everything right now. I'll be back soon!

I hope everything is ok Michelle!! Take care and my best wishes with the situation! :heart:

Back