• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

HELP!! Painful bloating

clhelget

Under Construction
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I ate 2 cups (uncooked) of Brown rice, with chicken boulion, pepper, onion and red pepper. It is now 4 hours after I stuffed myself with all of this rice. Today was my High Carb day on the TP carb cycling diet so I am getting al lthe carbs I can get. BUT now my stomach is sticking out like I am pregnant and I feel like shit. More bloated than I was an hour of two after I ate it??

What is going on???????

maybe the rice is expanding in your stomach or something:confused:

I ate uncooked brown rice before and got crazy hearburn...that taught me all i eat raw now is oatmeal yumm!

WOW... I missed a key word in my explaination. 2 cups worth of dry rice. Whatever that equalled cooked. I DID NOT eat it dry. I just measured it dry

Well, I eat tons of brown rice like that every day! I always look pregnant :) Just keep drinking water.. You will feel better after duking in the morning.

Go visit the washroom...I'm bloated like that after every meal, thanks to my insane fiber intake and even more inhuman water intake.

Peace.

Originally posted by clhelget
WOW... I missed a key word in my explaination. 2 cups worth of dry rice. Whatever that equalled cooked. I DID NOT eat it dry. I just measured it dry

You ate more than you were suppose to. You over filled yourself. Chase it with some colon clenz, that will do the trick....Instant relief.

Next time, read the label before you cook.

You are not suppose to stuff yourself on high carb days. :no: You are suppose to eat til your SATISFIED!!!!! 2 cups rice (measured uncooked) is alot of freaking rice. I don't think even the biggest of guys here would eat that much on carb cycling on their high carb days.

Read, Learn............Eat til your satisfied not full.

Jodi, I certainly can. I ate 3 cups oats before cooking once, and was still hungry. Hide your kids when it's high carb day for me.

Peace.

IML Gear Cream!
Do you realize that 2 cups of uncooked rice is about 6 Cups cooked? I can eat 2 Cups oats (measured dry) myself but that is alot different than 6 cups of brown rice :eek:

That IS an awful lot.

Premos gotta be like a 300 lbs monster

Did you eat your allotted protein first?

Anyone who eats 6 cups of rice should expect a tummy ache!:lol:

I eat 4 cups UNcooked a day! 35Lbs of rice a month :)

You are not suppose to stuff yourself on high carb days. You are suppose to eat til your SATISFIED!!!!! 2 cups rice (measured uncooked) is alot of freaking rice. I don't think even the biggest of guys here would eat that much on carb cycling on their high carb days.

Read, Learn............Eat til your satisfied not full.

The problem with this reasoning is evident when satisfaction comes at a point far past feeling full. Food volume may have only a small bearing on the feelings associated with satisfaction/satiety.

Under such circumstances choosing more calorically dense cho might be warranted though it might not fit exactly w/in the rules of carb cycling. The same thing could be accomplished by finding an allowed carb that resulted in satiety at a lower food volume. If rice doesn't work, then try yams for example.

So that idea can work as a solution for someone that runs into stomach problems like this on high carb day.

It is hard sometimes for people to imagine this that don't have that kind of an appetite. In other words, some folk's sense of self-regulation is officially fubar (I know mine is re: starchy carbs)

-Cardinal

Originally posted by clhelget
So I ate 2 cups (uncooked) of Brown rice, with chicken boulion, pepper, onion and red pepper. It is now 4 hours after I stuffed myself with all of this rice. Today was my High Carb day on the TP carb cycling diet so I am getting al lthe carbs I can get. BUT now my stomach is sticking out like I am pregnant and I feel like shit. More bloated than I was an hour of two after I ate it??

What is going on???????

I wouldn't feel too bad about this little incident if I were you. When I dig into a high carb meal, I have tried following a similar protocol as TP's carb cycling might suggest. I would go for maybe 2 cups cherries to start it off (for the satiety from fructose). Then I would be sure to eat a good bit of meat with it, maybe 2 chicken breasts or a couple of cans of tuna.

Then I would dig into the rice and end up eating about 4 cups (measured uncooked) give or take. That is probably about 12 cups or so. I think the satiety for me comes from the total cals in one sitting as I tend to put away about 6 cups oats(about 15 cups cooked) in one sitting before I feel satisfied with the meal and can comforably stop.

At that point I get the subjective feeling that I have had enough, could definitely eat more, but don't need to (and more wouldn't lead to more satisfaction). So far as I can tell this is the point TP kind of tried to describe after a high carb meal. It just takes a very large volume of some foods (like brown rice or extra thick oats) for me to get to that point.

Back