• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I'm ready

Premiere

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OKay it's been about 4 months since i last worked out! I stopped working out due to an ankle sprain in a basketball game. Anyways i've redone my workout and i would just like for some of you to look at it and tell me what you think please! too many reps? sets? am i working out the wrong muscle groups on a certain day. i remember someone telling me that you should never do back and biceps or back and triceps together on the same day, cant remember which one tho. just tell me what you think:

Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Biceps
Chest
Wide Grip Bench Press 2x 8-10
Decline Fly 2x 8-10
Incline Bench Press 2x 8-10
Bicep
Swiss Ball Preacher Curls 3x 8-10
Standing Curls 3x 8-10
Reverse Curls 3x 8-10
Shoulders/Neck
Side L-Laterals 3x 8-10
Shrugs 3x 8-10

Day 3: Back/Triceps/Abs
Back
T Bar Rows 3x 8-10
Dead lift 3x 8-10
Triceps
French Press 3x 8-10
Lying Triceps Extension 3x 8-10
Skull Crushers 3x 8-10
Abs
Barbell Rollout 3x 10-12
bicycle crunches 3x 10-12
twisting crunches 3x 10-12
ball crunches 3x 10-12

Day 5: Legs/Calves
Legs
Deep Knee Bends 3x 10-12
Legg Extensions 3x 10-12
Side Lunge 2x 5-6
Static ???Nausea??? Squats Until Failure
Calves
Standing calf raises 3x 10-12
Squats 3x 8-10
Jump Squat 3x 8-10

after a few more weeks i'm goin to include cardio in my workout (day 2 and day 4)

well 1st thing is your doing more sets for your arms (biceps and triceps) then your chest and back... i would up the sets for your chest/back and the opposite for your arms

also, youre not doing enough for the shoulders. id recommend throwing another exercise or 2 in there.... and if its too much decrease to 2 sets of each shoulder exercise. since youre already hitting your front deltoid, id at least recommend putting in some backwards flyes to hit the back deltoid.

I say you need to move some of your bicep, tricep, and calve sets to your other body parts. Your chest could use a couple more sets; something like 8-10 sets should be sufficient. Your shoulders also need a few more sets; 5-8 sets should be good for that. You should also throw in more back work. Something that hits up your lats would be good (Dumbell rows or chinups). As well, you need something that targets your hamstrings more on leg day. Perhaps straight-legged deadlifts or hamstring curls?

Correct me if Im wrong but I always do back and biceps on the same day...My schedule

Monday- chest and tri's
Tuesday- legs
Wednesday- back and bi's
Thursday- Shoulder's
Friday- cardio and ab's

you could go either way. some people like to hit their bis on chest day to hit them harder all at once... i personally prefer to get them really sore then hit them really hard the next week. seems like im really hitting em twice in a week if i do back/tri chest/bi

I know I get a good workout the way I been doing it but also I get alot of info from here too...But my diet is lacking I guess its just time...

i dunno back/bis on same day seems to be pretty popular

Splits really seem to be personal preference. Your split is fine, although you may want to try a different split if you haven't already.

ok, thank all of you for your help! it helped a lot!! thanks!

IML Gear Cream!
I like the way chest/bi back/tri feels. I rotate them all the time to keep them guessing though.

Back