• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Skip meal or eat junk?

Michael D

Working on a new me!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, lets say I am getting close to my eating time and I need to eat. But, I didn't pack any food for this meal and there is a restaurant nearby. Do I eat the relatively healthiest food I can get or just skip the meal.

I am bulking and have low bodyfat so I assume that I should eat, but I don't know for sure.

Eat the healthiest foods you can get. Never skip a meal, especially bulking.

You can go into any grocery store and find something portable too. I've had to do that many times.

EAT!!! :chomp:
regardless of your goals you should never skip a meal... Ive had to run into corner stores many times and grab something like pickled eggs, dry roasted or raw nuts/seeds, veggie dips(dont eat the dip), peice of fruit, real turkey sandwichs(minus the bread).
OR like I do.. always carry a lil shaker cup with you with premeasured whey protein so you dont have to worry about getting your protein source and grab something else easy to go along with it as mentioned above! :)

it's great to be prepared like atherjen said....but when you're not you probably have more/better on the go options than you realize. grocery stores are great like jodi said (especially now that they sell tuna in those foil packets). but 7-Elevens (if they have them near you) and convenience stores may surprise you if you really look around.

definitely EAT up. :D

Never skip a meal !

Remember that minimizing serum cortisol levels is 2nd best to increasing anabolic activity...

Yeah, I usually just eat anyway.

I have noticed that since I have greatly decreased my fast food visits, when I do eat there, I usually don't feel to good afterwards. Don't know if it is a mental thing or not.

Originally posted by Michael D
Ok, lets say I am getting close to my eating time and I need to eat. But, I didn't pack any food for this meal and there is a restaurant nearby. Do I eat the relatively healthiest food I can get or just skip the meal.

I am bulking and have low bodyfat so I assume that I should eat, but I don't know for sure.

Hi Michael. Eat the very best food you can. Do not skip your meals. You need good nutrition around the clock not all at one time. If you can not find something at that restaurant go to another but I would not skip the meal. Eat healthy always.

Try to take something with you that is nutritious for emergencies.

Take Care, John H.

Originally posted by Michael D
Yeah, I usually just eat anyway.

I have noticed that since I have greatly decreased my fast food visits, when I do eat there, I usually don't feel to good afterwards. Don't know if it is a mental thing or not.
Hi Michael. Good nutritious food is like quality fuel in a vehicle - you "run better" - MUCH better! AND it is better for you too. Why put garbage into your system and cheat yourself and risk your health.

Take Care, John H.

IML Gear Cream!
You can always let that one meal at a fast food place be your "cheat meal"

Well, I use to go about 2-3 per week. But since I started working out, I have decreased that to about 1 time every 2 weeks or so. I go to Subway but I consider them relatively healthy for fast food so I don't count the times I go there.

I usually get the subs with 6g of fat or less

That's awesome...how many cals/g. of protein are you taking in? Are you using any supplements to gain weight?

I wouldn't skip a meal.. eating junk I would go with the protein bar :) if it's allowed ;)

I try to get about 2 times my body weight in protein a day.

I am thankful though that it is hard for me to gain. If I had a slow metabolism I would be fat. I love to eat. I see why America is so fat now. Things I use to think were healthy are just as bad as the next thing.

I use to think those oatmeal or breakfast bars were pretty healthy but they are loaded with sugars. It seems nothing that tastes good is good for you.

oats and egg whites w. berries are good tastes great and they good for you

Originally posted by Freeman
Hiya Jodi! It's been forever!!! :wave:
Hey - Where the hell you been?

Originally posted by sara
oats and egg whites w. berries are good tastes great and they good for you

Is that mixed together? How do you prepare it?

Why does it have to be either one of them? carry a protein shaker bottle with you at all times with premeasured protein powder and a fruit or nuts/almonds/fish oil tabs ;)

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by jaim91
You can always let that one meal at a fast food place be your "cheat meal"
I dont mean to sound negavtive or anything but for me this was just an excuse to eat what I really wanted. Your mind works quick and if you dont have healthy food with you at all times your mind goes into this (fuck it, its only one cheese burger it wont hurt me to bad) I do get stuck into theese situatons sometimes and it makes you feel really bad after you do suck down that burger. Have you ever noticed that when you do have a cheat meal like that, you find yourself in front of the mirror the same day seeing if anything has changed because of the not so good meal you ate LOL.

Michael D - I can give you a kick ass recipe for protein pancakes using oatmeal, eggwhites, and cinnamon. Tell me if you want it. Are you working out enough to gain? Or are you only focusing on nutrition?

Yeah Jaim91, send the recipe. Sounds good.

I am lifting too. I am really not focusing on my diet to the extent of a lot of people here. I don't know how many calories I am eating per day but I try to get the right amount of protein at least. And I try to not eat the foods I use to. I have put on a little fat since high school which is what prompted me to start working out in the first place.

Back