• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Buffalo

ncgirl21

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've seen that a lot of people on here eat buffalo. Well I've never seen it at my grocery store- where do you usually buy it? How does it come- :confused: , I mean is it ground up like hamburger meat or what?

I buy mine in a natty food store or I buy it online ;)

hmmmm I have never had buffalo. they dont sell it at the health food stores around here.
anyone know of a Canadian online source?? Id be interested to try it.
I LOVE deer and moose- cant wait for hunting season to get here! lol

You never had buffalo? OMG!! It is sooooo good. I love ground buffalo and its as lean as chicken. Buffalo steaks taste better than any filet mignon and leaner. ;)

Buffalo not available over here :(

nope Jodi. never seen anywheres to buy it.

have you had deer or moose? thats just as lean too and SO much better than beef.. cant even compare! :lick:

I've never had moose beleive it or not. I lived in NH all my life and I never had it. :scratch:

I hate deer :barf: WAY too gamey for me. :no:

Originally posted by ncgirl21
I've seen that a lot of people on here eat buffalo. Well I've never seen it at my grocery store- where do you usually buy it? How does it come- :confused: , I mean is it ground up like hamburger meat or what?
if you find the right on-line source, you can get any type of cut you desire, roasts,hamburger,steaks, etc.
:thumb:

Re: Re: Buffalo

Originally posted by Tank316
if you find the right on-line source, you can get any type of cut you desire, roasts,hamburger,steaks, etc.
Tank do you buy yours online?

IML Gear Cream!
Re: Re: Re: Buffalo

Originally posted by Jodi
Tank do you buy yours online?
no Jodi, i have 2 friends that are buffalo ranchers, so i just walk in and grab what i need.Northstar Bison, if you do a search, might have come down in some of the prices.:thumb:

Is this them?: http://www.northstarbison.com

Prices are a bit high but how lean is the ground buffalo? I ordered from one place and their ground buffalo appeared fattier than ground chuck. I was pissed.

yeah i have never seen it in any stores around here, i will have to try to order some online.

Hey NCGirl, where do u live in NC?

I am Canadian, and I don't get my buffalo at a health food store. It comes from a small, family-owned specialty butcher, which also runs a stall at the local farmers' market.

It took me some scouting around to find it, but once I did, I realised it was one of those "well-known secrets". The farmers' market also has vendors who sell deer and elk and other game meats, depending on the season. I also found a farm nearby that raises organic emu for meat.

There's bound to be something like that near you, Jen. I actually unearthed my bison source by putting "bison meat" and the name of my city into Google, which led me to a little mailing list of pretentious local foodistes.

I'm in Lincolnton North Carolina.

Jodi- thanks for the link, I might give it a try!!

Is this them?: http://www.northstarbison.com

Prices are a bit high but how lean is the ground buffalo? I ordered from one place and their ground buffalo appeared fattier than ground chuck. I was pissed.
between 98-97 % lean. they add nothing to the ground round, you got bison with some added pork no doubt. the owner of Northstar and his wife are former powerlifters and bodybuilders, but i'm shocked that they didnt lower the prices on line yet. let me check with another source, Thursday i'll get back to you!!!

:cool2: Thanks Tank - I trust your sources way more. I try to get it local but its not available all the time. I like to buy in bulk when I do find it.

Originally posted by Akateros
I am Canadian, and I don't get my buffalo at a health food store. It comes from a small, family-owned specialty butcher, which also runs a stall at the local farmers' market.

It took me some scouting around to find it, but once I did, I realised it was one of those "well-known secrets". The farmers' market also has vendors who sell deer and elk and other game meats, depending on the season. I also found a farm nearby that raises organic emu for meat.

There's bound to be something like that near you, Jen. I actually unearthed my bison source by putting "bison meat" and the name of my city into Google, which led me to a little mailing list of pretentious local foodistes.

I think I read somewhere that you are from Ontario, would you mind sharing your sources.

Thanks
Iain

:cool2: Thanks Tank - I trust your sources way more. I try to get it local but its not available all the time. I like to buy in bulk when I do find it.
i should just raise 10 head myself!!!!!!
:D

IML Gear Cream!
I am, verily -- noticed the other day you were in Toronto actually. Just Westward Ho of you, in the land of Oktoberfest and oom-pah-pah. And greetings, Iain Daniel. (I have a friend who spells his name that way and is known as "Iain Two-Eyes." To differentiate him from "the other Ians".)

Field trips, kids: Waterloo Farmers Market (or St. Jacobs Farmers Market, whichever) -- directions in the link. The bison source is a place called Brady's in Waterloo. (I've got their number somewhere.)

Premo, I'll eat my hat (and it would be tastier than what I'm eatin' lately, too) if there isn't at least one butchery in Toronto that sells bison and other viands exotiques. Toronto Life puts out a food and restaurant guide every year, including shops and sources. I'll see if I can root it out for you.

For nobody should have to order meat by mail... I know, I know, every precaution... but it still gives me the willies.

Found my copy. This is last year's, though.

WhiteHouse Meats - bison, venison, ostrich
1539 Bayview at Eglinton (closed Mondays)
416 488 2004
also St. Lawrence Market South (closed Sun, Mon)

Cumbrae's Naturally Raised Fine Meats has, according to the somewhat overblown copy, venison at least, and maybe more
481 Church at Wellesley E.
416 923 5600

The Butchers looks very promising. "... organic and naturally raised meats... and also the venison... more arcane meats, from alligator to caribou, can be ordered and in your hands within 24 hours."
2636 Yonge at Eglinton
416 483 5777

Enjoy.

I've never had moose beleive it or not. I lived in NH all my life and I never had it. :scratch:

I hate deer :barf: WAY too gamey for me. :no:

Moose is tougher, much tougher than deer/elk. Also if deer is too gamey, then it was prepared WRONG!

I kill my buffalo :teeth:

Originally posted by atherjen
I LOVE deer and moose- cant wait for hunting season to get here! lol

Amen to that..I still have some of my deer I got last season in the walk in freezer. Love that stuff.

Jodi you can't say you don't like it until you have had it properly prepared. I wish you were close to me I'd show you how it should taste. You ned to make sure you take all the sinuse off of it or else you taste the gamey flavor.

Has anyone ever had elk?....its sooooo good. A friend of mine got one 2 years ago and we had it when he got back from his trip...that was like a piece of heaven on a plate.

Have elk, and deer every year. Untill this year maybe... They switched ALL elk permits to "draw out" only. And upped the price from 50$ to 180$. I will know by the 28th if I drew out.

I am also going back to archery deer, because tags are still available to just buy.

Yea here in Jersey I have no probs getting any of my tags. I archery, shotgun, and muzzleload em for months on end. I also get farmer permits which allow me to take as many deer as i want to manage the herds (I only take what I will eat dont worry...I dont want any anti's hounding me) I still have a little bit of my 6 pointer in the freezer...gonna make a killer meatloaf out of it heh.

I am going to canada this year for some moose hunting and can't wait! I could do some serious bulking if I got me one of them big boys!

Yea, our deer are not as plentiful here... We have Mule and not White Tail. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Also do you guys have Cougars/Mtn. Lions/Pumas?

No we do not hunt puma here in Jersey. We mainly get deer and bear for big game. As for plentifulness we actually dont have as many as people think we just have an ever growing state so they are cutting all the woodland down and putting up homes. All the deer are forced to the cities and the state then allows us to take more to manage the heards. Kinda a messed up theory but if we dont take em the cars will.

I just was asking, because they are really hurting the big game population here... The shitty part is that they are protected. Fucking Cougars! An adult will kill 1 deer a week.

Damn thats alot! We have problems with coyotee. They really ruin our deer herds and if you wound a deer you can consider it gone/eaten if it isn't tracked and retrieved within an hour. We just shoot them though, there are some laws regarding it but in most seasons they allow us to shoot them. They are one hard sucker to get though, so damn fast. I only got one last year with my muzzleloader, he never saw it coming from 200 yards away lol.

Back