• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Depressed? Feeling Sorry For Yourself? Don't Anymore

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
there's a book called Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom that is absolutely one of the best books ever printed, and it will no doubt brighten up your lives, even if it already is....
"Many of you sports fans may be familiar with Mitch Albom. He is a sports reporter for the Detroit Free Press, has written books about sports, and appears on ESPN's Sports Reporters program. This is not a sports book. This is a very serious book about life and death.
Morrie Schwartz, a dying man who charmed America with his loving soul and spunky vitality, shared his gentle philosophies on life in several conversations with Koppel. They discussed what Schwartz had learned over a lifetime of experiences: Lessons on humanity, love, compassion, death, and Morrie's personal battle with the devastating and degrading effects of Lou Gehrig's disease. Many people have had someone who influenced their lives in school and wonder what became of them a ways down the road, Mitch Albom had this opportunity. This book is an excellent book in which I would recommend for anyone. This text makes you realize what life is really about. It contains everyone's fears and problems they encounter in their everyday life. It's about love, compassion, forgiveness, and death. You can see a terminally ill professor and his student create a bond and share gifts of love and joy between them. Albom's writing throughout is beautiful and emotional. He pulls the reader into his and Schwartz's conversations and involves the reader enough have Morrie feel like their mentor and good friend. Albom also writes realistically enough that the reader is constantly reminded of how it relates to the reader's life in some way. This story truely moved me"

here's a few links...
http://www.beth-elsa.org/be_s0522.htm
http://www.sesc.k12.in.us/cass/library/brookesreview.html
http://www.soundteaching.org/reflections/0016.htm

IF YOU GUYS ARE FEELING DOWN. IF YOU ARE FEELING SELF-PITY. IF YOU ARE FEELING SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT AND FEEL ABSOLUTELY FINE, I urge you guys to be this book. its only 200 small pages, but it WILL change your lives forever.

i finally just finished the book, and i have to admit, i cried (real tough guy huh?).

it is the best book i have ever read. honestly, it will change your entire outlook on life.

if you guys are feeling down, PLEASE give it a try.

where can i get it free

library? :shrug:

I didn't read the whole thread, but isn't this a movie? I remember it being very sad and depressing. But it also had alot of eyeopening messages to give about being happy and the value of living your life with love and companionship.

well, here's prob. my fav. part of the book......

Morrie is bedridden for 6mo. now and very near death, he is literally "wasting away", and here explains his "perfect day".

Morrie: "What would I do if I had one day perfectly healthy? Let's see...I'd get up in the morning, do my exercises, have a lovely breakfast of sweet rolls and tea, go for a swim, then have my friends come over for a nice lunch. I'd have them come one or two at a time so we could talk about thier families, their issues, talk about how much we mean to eachother. Then i'd like to go for a walk, in a garden with some trees, watch their colors, watch the brids, take in the nature that i haven't seen in so long now. In the evening, we'd all go together to a restaurant with some great pasta, maybe some duck, and then we'd dance the rest of the night. I'd dance with all the wonderful dance partners out there, until i was exhausted. And then i'd go home and have a deep, wonderful sleep."
Mitch: That's it???
Morrie: "That's it".
Mitch: It was so simple. So average. I was actually a little disappointed. I figured he'd fly to Italy or have lunch with the President or romp on the seashore or try every exotic thing he could think of. After all these months, lying there, unable to move a leg or a foot-how could he find perfection in such as average day? Then i realized this was the whole point.

Funny you just posted this... my cousin just gave me this book yesterday.. I have it sitting right here to start reading :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Eggs
Funny you just posted this... my cousin just gave me this book yesterday.. I have it sitting right here to start reading :thumb:

eggs-honestly bro, i can even explain how happy i am for you.

after you're done with it, give it to someone you love to read, and tell them to pass it on when they're done. but you'll prob. love it to, so buy them a copie of their own;)

Originally posted by Flex
Mitch: It was so simple. So average. I was actually a little disappointed. I figured he'd fly to Italy or have lunch with the President or romp on the seashore or try every exotic thing he could think of.

:no: I know he can't be that stupid.

Back