• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

how many reps/sets for building size and strength?

richirich_99

The sky's the limit
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know that this has probably been asked before, but i am shooting at getting bigger as well as getting stronger. How many reps should i be doing? 4-6? 6-8? 8-10? 10-12? also, how many sets of each exercise should i be doing? 3? 4? more? I've heard a lot of different things, so any help would be great! Thanks

Rich

All of the rep ranges you noted will give you both a combination of strength and size, with strength being dominant closer to the 4-rep range and hypertrophy closer to the 8-10 rep range. For the most part try to hit reps in the 6-10 range, as most unexperianced lifters will become both bigger and stronger using those reps.

3 sets is good, but people usually just religiously do 3 sets of everything all the time, no matter what. If you think you can stimulate a muscle enough with one set, than thats all you need.

Training for strength, 5x5. Add 3 sets of 15 reps, for hypertrophy, after your 5x5 sets. So your one exercise in your workout might look like this:

Benchpress-
235 5sets x 5reps
165-3 sets x 15reps

i'll start trying that out. I've been doing about 6 reps sometimes eight with usually 3-4 sets. Thnks for the advice

Back