• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

P/RR/S advocates...A Question On Volume

Premo55

Mic Murderer
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay guys, basically for the past few months I've been doing a highly bastardised, higher volume version of P/RR/S. I noticed that I've been getting burnt out lately and that my strength has been stagnating, and I feel like my volume is to blame. My workouts are typically 80-100 reps, and I notice that a lot of the P/RR/S workouts range from 40-70 reps. Is this volume enough? I've never tried the original version, any of you cats follow the original to a tee and seen great results?

I'm thinking I'm gonna use the same set/rep/voume scheme as the P/RR/S plan that's outlined, except I'll switch the exercises, using more of my favourite exercises (snatches, cleans, variations of deads, variations of squats, bench presses, push presses etc.)

Peace.

Originally posted by Premo55
My workouts are typically 80-100 reps

I never read about P/RR/S but.. what do you mean with 100 reps? Are you serious ?

Premo - Yeah, I think that you should keep the reps down... I'm of the opinion you dont need that much volume. Work on hitting each exercise hard and making each rep count the most you can. Try doing his suggested reps... and if you feel it isnt cutting it add another set or two in after a month and see how those work for you.

I followed P/RR/S exactly as it was originally laid out and had very good results with it. Many people question the volume, but I definitely think its enough. You just have to work at full throttle intensity throughout the entire workout.

Yeah, I agree Var... and because its less volume you can concentrate more on performing your best for all reps, all sets. I do the volume just as suggested, of course with a warm up period before hand and occasionally I'll throw in an extra set when I dont think I was putting out enough for it to count.

I do the same. I wonder if people who complain about the volume are including warmups in the set count. :shrug: I can definitely see how that wouldnt be enough.

Thanks Eggs and Var, I really appreciate the comments.

High volume was working for me for a while, but yeah, I'm about to switch it up.

Also, how much rest do you take between sets on this plan? Also, how many workout sets do you typically do per exercise? Personally it's one or two for me.

Peace.

Rest varies by week. 2-3 mins for Power, 1-2 for RR, and almost nothing for shock

As far as sets...I follow exactly what Gopro laid out in the article that was on this site. Like Eggs, I'll add from time to time if I puss'd out on the intensity.

Premo - Thats a good idea to swtich it up. I can see the higher volume being okay for a shorter period to switch up the stress your body is under, but I dont think it practical long term.

Rest period for me are generally between 60 seconds and 90 seconds... on legs they might go 120 seconds. Umm, it also depends, you might need a bit more rest in the power stage than in the RR or S stage, because those are slightly higher rep. P takes more out immedietly from me IMO. Though I have to admit, RR for legs beats me down. Ummm, the main point is that you want to keep intensity high. Dont rest longer than you have to... get in get out and be done with it. :)

Do you mean working sets? Oh, I pretty much do whatever he suggests on his plan, it varies... you have a link to his workouts on Ironmagazine.com right?

IML Gear Cream!
Ok everyone, have no fear...The Gopro link man is here :D
Just click my link and see all gopros stuff. :thumbs:

Back