• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Healthiest bars

pu239

working for the man
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, dumb question for everyone. I know this is a subject that has been beat to death and then beat again, but what do you think are the healthiest high protein bars? I try to avoid them, but sometimes I get in a jam so I might eat one or two a week. I've used some of the homemade recipes and I generally like them, but I don't think they travel as well. I don't really care much about taste just health.

Thanks.

You're right, that is a contradiction, and I recommend that you pack protein shakes with you instead, but if you REALLY need a bar, I suggest Biotest- Low Carb Grow.

Peace.

I would say go with the small detour bar.. 6 grams of sugar 15 grams protein and very tasty :)

Anyone ever tried the Labarda protein bars? I want to try it for my weekly only 1 protein bar allowance/cheat

carry some protein powder with you..much better than some protein bar(junk IMO).

all bars are full of sugar, starch and full of others useless chemicals..... if you need protein go with a powder, less shit more protein !

Originally posted by sara
Anyone ever tried the Labarda protein bars? I want to try it for my weekly only 1 protein bar allowance/cheat

They are pretty tastey, similar to the detours.

I still say Tri-O-Plex are great. Sure protein bars are really not the best thing out there but sometimes they are just something people must do.

I ussually carry powder in a shaker w/ me. Also if you are really in a bind try and go to a 7/11 stype store and go to the fridge, by me most places have something like the MetRX low carb shake w/ like 35g protein, 1.5g Fat, and 4g carbs in it. They are pretty good and when your in a pinch they are a lifesaver.

7/11 has the MetRX shakes? I usually get mine from GNC

I think bars are a pretty crappy cheat. Why would you want bars as a cheat meal? I'd rather eat a real cheat, like cheesecake or Dairy Queen or something...

Peace.

For now, I'm craving for protein bars as a cheat meal :)
I think it's better than cheating with cheesecake.

I used to eat a Met-RX chocolate chip cookie dough bar as a meal with a big glass of milk it was yummy. That's when I worked outside and burned calories all day long.

IML Gear Cream!
7/11 has the MetRX shakes? I usually get mine from GNC

Yea you would never see em if you weren't lookin for em but they are ussually in like the top corner of the last fridge. I stumbled onto them one day when I was in training for the fire dept and needed some food while on break.

And I agree w/ the protein bar as a better cheat then cheesecake...at least it is for me and most likely more nutritional then a peice of cake.

everytime I'm at a gas station.. 76 I see the red bull drink and some protein bars, never seen protein shakes there.. I gotta start going to 7/11 :)

protein bars are yummier than cheesecakes

Well yeah, it's a 'better' cheat, but is it a BETTER cheat? I mean if you're gonna have a weekly cheat, at least make it something worthwhile.

Protein bars are yummier than cheesecakes? Are you serious?

Peace.

yes, I'm serious.. protein bars with peanuts, almonds flavors way better than cheesecakes..

I would cheat with protein bars, cereals, and ice cream and of course nuts!

Originally posted by Premo55
Well yeah, it's a 'better' cheat, but is it a BETTER cheat? I mean if you're gonna have a weekly cheat, at least make it something worthwhile.

Protein bars are yummier than cheesecakes? Are you serious?

Peace.

For me it is a better cheat because I have had a bad history of binging. So by me eating 1 piece of cheese cake I am at risk of eating 5 or 6 if I am not careful. So by me continually staying to a strict diet and cheating with minor things like bars I stay on track and can maintain my diet.

Originally posted by DeadBolt
For me it is a better cheat because I have had a bad history of binging. So by me eating 1 piece of cheese cake I am at risk of eating 5 or 6 if I am not careful. So by me continually staying to a strict diet and cheating with minor things like bars I stay on track and can maintain my diet.

That's why I'm sticking with protein bars as a cheat meal for now
:p

Originally posted by DeadBolt
They are pretty tastey, similar to the detours.

I still say Tri-O-Plex are great. Sure protein bars are really not the best thing out there but sometimes they are just something people must do.
I love the Tri-o-plex too man. Evidentally, they are not testing as labeled though.

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
I love the Tri-o-plex too man. Evidentally, they are not testing as labeled though.

Yea but no bar ever tests our to be true to the label. They did a study and i found tons of results and none of them matched. The Smores bar however almost matched exactly to what was labeled, and go figure it my favorit one heh.

What do you guys think of the protein plus power bars.Those are the ones I use cause you can get them anywhere.

Never had em but I see people eating em all the time, I stick to what I like tri-o-plex

IML Gear Cream!
For the past couple of days I've been looking at the ingredients of most of the bars I could find. I think I've given up on finding one that looks halfway decent. If I'm really in a bind I'll probably stop at the store and get a can or pouch of tuna and an apple or something like that. Or I'll stick with a shake. I still might have a bar for a cheat because for me it's a decent cheat and I won't go overboard.

Sara, every labrada bar ive tried was nasty :barf: and im not even that picky!

Thanks greeky :) I won't buy the Labarda bar then..

Thanks greeky :) I won't buy the Labarda bar then..

If you like the detours you will most likely enjoy the labrada's one. They are very similar in taste, but like everything else it is up to your taste buds. Some like one bar but despise others and vise versa.

Maybe it was cuz I tried Labrada low carb ones i think

They all had the same funky aftertaste :shake:

Eww. Try the high protein ones they are good and there is only like 20-30 carbs in the bar, not to bad. Another bar that isn't to bad is the myoplex deluxe they taste pretty good but the sugars are kinda high. I stay away from them unless I feel like cheating a lil.

I bought this bar at whole foods, made by Biotoen or something like that.. they down stairs in the fridge
I think they only have 2.5 grams of fat and 15 grams protein
150 cals

would you trust the bar that says low in GI?

I go for more protein in mine because they need to take the place of a meal most of the time. So they can't have any less then like 30g's of protein, it kinda limits my choices sometimes when I'm in a bind.

I can go with a low protein or hi protein bars w. my plan

Back