• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Foods before bed???

sabre81

mmmm weights..
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I workout at around 10 pm . when i get home its usually around 11:45pm(long drive home). I eat a peanut butter sandwich, a cup of fruit, and a yogurt directly after the workout that i bring with me. I know i should have one more meal before bed, and it so happens to fall near my bedtime, midnight or so. I need to know what to eat right before bed that will help me pack on a few pounds, while at the same time not keeping me up all night. Any ideas?

thanks

you need to have a post workout shake directly after training that consists of whey protein and glucose based sugars. you can use dextrose or maltodextrin or both of them at a 50/50 split.

then you can follow that up with a whole food meal about an hour later and go to bed...

why do you workout so late ?

Can you just do the pwo shake and go to bed?

Originally posted by rock4832
Can you just do the pwo shake and go to bed?

not a good idea. your body will be hypoglycemic for a longer period of time thus increasing catabolism..

Gotcha, that kinda sucks for people who work out at night! :)

i workout late because i work all day usually. ALso the gym is insanely packed anytime between 3pm and 9pm. What should i eat though? i usually have a protein shake and peanut butter sandwichs then hit the sack but that tends to keep me wired for a while.

Originally posted by LAM
you need to have a post workout shake directly after training that consists of whey protein and glucose based sugars. you can use dextrose or maltodextrin or both of them at a 50/50 split.

then you can follow that up with a whole food meal about an hour later and go to bed...

why do you workout so late ?

I'm thinking that the high-intensity training that late at night is keeping you up and not your food selections.

could you possible do a am and pm split so you could go to the gym earlier at night ? if you only had to do a small body part at night it wouldn't be so bad training when the gym is packed...

well thats an idea but the problem there is #1 work, and #2 the drive to the gym- which is rougly 30 min in good traffic, not to mention the trip is in a gas guzzler . I think im just going to have to maybe get up super early in the morning.

honestly, that's what I would do vs training late at night...

I'm with LAM on this one. The late workout will jack with your sleep big time. I too workout later than I would like, although not as late as you. My last meal is usually a big hunk of salmon...good protein and fat. I don't go too crazy on the carbs though. I also drink alot of water so that I have to get up in the middle of the night to go piss. I have a shaker with powder ready to go. I down that and then it's off to bed again. That extra 50g protein makes a difference for me.

IML Gear Cream!
i love to train at 5am. the gym is a ghost town and everyone there is there just to work and not socialize. everybody wants to stand around and chit chat if you go there at night. the other reason why i like to lift in the morning is that i wake up fresh and put all my energy into my workout. if i drag the rest of the day i don't care because at least i know i got my workout in. o yeah...it makes me hungry all day too :D am workouts:thumb:

Your PWO meal is very much less than ideal....Peanut butter sandwich= carbs and fat, fruit= carbs and fiber, yogurt= minute amount of protein and more sugar....Where's your protein? I suggest you invest in some whey protein, and throw a cup of dry oats in your shake.

An hour later, have a meal of some brown rice/oats/sweet potato/low GI whole grain and lean protein, ie turkey/lean fish/chicken/egg whites/tuna/lean steak. Don't worry about the carbs adding to fat tissue, you need them to replenish glycogen and raise your insulin levels slightly to facilitate protein delivery, and the carbs will help you sleep better, too.

Peace.

Originally posted by rockcrest
i love to train at 5am. the gym is a ghost town and everyone there is there just to work and not socialize. everybody wants to stand around and chit chat if you go there at night. the other reason why i like to lift in the morning is that i wake up fresh and put all my energy into my workout. if i drag the rest of the day i don't care because at least i know i got my workout in. o yeah...it makes me hungry all day too :D am workouts:thumb:

ditto !

plus early am training superchargers you for the day. I am much more focused at work when I train (well always have) in the am. plus you get to take greater advantage of the increased metabolic rate...

Take in a cup of low fat cottage cheese right at bed time. The aminos will be hitting the blood stream right about the time you get your GH release and be available for the tissue to repair and grow.

OD

5am in my gym is packed! :( I go about 5:30 and again at 3:00pm except on mondays and I can't get in again till 9:00pm.

Back