• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

leg workout question

supertech

American BadAss
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you do squats...would it be a good idea to do leg presses too in the same workout? Or should you alternate the two every workout?

I do squats and leg press in the same workout. I like to alternate my position of legs though.. feet together works more the outer sweep of the quads. I also change the reps, etc.
I also should add that I train quads/hams on seperate days... so I do my SL deads on ham day, not the same day as quads. thats just me though. :)

Supertech, I think that is up to you to decide. It really doesn´t matter if you alternate or not. IMO :)

Originally posted by Prince
no it doesn't, but it does add more stress to the knees. :)

Uh Ohhhhhh .. :gosh: no? my ol trainer and many other always told me that! :shrug:

Originally posted by atherjen
Uh Ohhhhhh .. :gosh: no? my ol trainer and many other always told me that! :shrug:

Isn´t that belief similar to the one about calves and the position of the feet too? :hmmm:

There was study done at Duke University by Dr. Rafael Escamilla that concluded foot position on squats and leg presses had no effect on overall leg development, only the amount of pressure that was put on the knee. The closer your feet are the more pressure that is place on the knees.

I always use a shoulder width stance with toes pointed slightly outward.

I was watching a frank zane video and he was saying he liked to do leg presses, with his feet close together and his heals hanging over the footboard. He said it put more stress on the "tear drop" of your quad.

Um, I do leg presses, squats and snatch grip deadlifts all in the same workout. Haha.

Peace.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by plouffe
I was watching a frank zane video and he was saying he liked to do leg presses, with his feet close together and his heals hanging over the footboard. He said it put more stress on the "tear drop" of your quad.

Yeah, there is a lot of gym myths that continue to get perpetuated.

Back