• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

looking for advice

Nina

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have uploaded current pics of me- where should I go from here? Any advice for me? Should I lighten up on the weights since I already have a lot of muscle for 5'2? Should I concentrate more on cardio to lean down my "latin" lower half? (hips and legs) What do you all think? Or, resign myself to my genetics and try to be happy with where I am? Thanks! (And please, be nice!)

No such thing as spot reducing, cardio would lean you out all over. Just keep in mind, the first place you gain weight is usually the last place to go.

I guess to better answer the question about where to go...what are your goals? Do you want to compete or are you happy with how you are?

Still not happy with where I am - love the look of the figure girls, but don't think I can ever get my lower half to look that way (lean)- have thought about competing, but think my body type is more suited to BB than figure- what to do, what to do??? There is a comp here in June, but I know that is too soon for me. Utah does not have a lot of comps.

What date in June? If it is toward the end, you may be able to pull it off if you stay strict to a good diet. Myself I wouldn't think you are too far off track to do figure. It can be done girlie! Just have to pick a show and give yourself enough time.

Sadly, the comp is June 5th- no way I could be ready. Do you really think my lower half can slim down enough to even have a chance? What about my mutant calves- haha? Maybe I should look into some comps later in the summer in some neighboring states- if you really think I have a chance that is....

In all honesty... no I do not think you would be ready for competition by June 5th, that is only 6 weeks away. I think you're looking at around 12-16 weeks to be "competition lean".

To answer the question about you being able to get lean enough, of course you can. With strict (proper) diet/nutrition and training it's definitely possible. :thumb:

As far as going lighter on the weights, no. I do not understand why females have this misconception that they will get "too big". It's HIGHLY unlikely that any female could possibly get too big (whatever that means) naturally, or accidently. :)

You are cut out for whatever arena you want to go into...BB or figure.

I agree with "Robert" (gotta get used to that one)...with strict training and diet you can be ready..just may take some time.

If this is your first show then be strict and do the best you can and just get on stage....understand that you may not beat these girls with that limited amount of time but at least you can learn from the experience and get on stage as a personal goal.

Then really hit it hard for the next 8-12 weeks afer the show and bring the goods to the next show and kick some ass.

You seem to have great size in your arms and a good proportioned shape...I think you could do well if you are dedicated.

Check out Jodie's pics (jlb001)...see how far she has come in a short period of time...it can be done....and faster than you may think...just have to be dedicated.

June 5th would be a lil soon. Do they have one in July or Aug? Those would be good dates to reach for!

AND HELL NO! Screw going light on those weights! That's no fun!:D

jodie likes to see if she can lift as much as i can.....she is getting close in some things and that scares me....she must be eating her wheaties when i'm not looking.

Umm...Craig. I do lift as much as you sometimes. And I can't have wheaties!

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks! I would feel better if I could find a contest a little later in the year- but, in Utah there are only 2, June and Oct. But, the good news is there are hardly any females in the comps- BB or figure!! Maybe I should watch the one in June, and aim to compete in Oct. Even though that seems really far away right now. June also comes right after a family get together in NY for 4 days, and I know I will not be eating very clean then! (trip is 14th-17th of May) Last time I was checked, I was told I have like 122 pounds of lean mass on me- isn't that a lot for 5'2????

WOW Jodie!! I can't believe you changed that much that fast!!! How exactly did you do it? You look great!!

No- I have never been to a show- have seen clips of them on tv, but that is about it....

So, if I aim for the show in Oct- what would be your advice for what I should work on the most? Should I just concentrate on getting leaner- do I need to build anything for balance? I need an objective opinion....

Nina I have seen your pics and you are one of the most physically powerful women I have seen. I see tremendous potential in you and I like what I see. Just need to get a bit more lean and a little more mass to in the upper torso to balance out the lower body. Then my god woman you would be like an amazon queen and stronger than the average man (if you are not already).

OD

Damn girl! 122? wish I had that! Mine's right at 116.
What do you weigh at this time? Do you have an idea what your bf% was? I would take all that into consideration when you start dieting, it would determine how far out you should start. With the amount of muscle you have, you really could do either one. Just which would you perfer to do? Oct would give you plenty of time IMO. I usually pick a date and count backward 12 weeks from that date, unless I have gotten really really chunky! then 16 weeks.
Myself, I think your pretty well balanced. Myabe try and get a lil more cap on the shoulders if anything. Girls would kill to have those Calves! Mine suck to the max!

At pics, my weight was 142- right now I am at 146.5 due to eating comfort food cause I am sick and monthly is here! (ICK!) Body fat was tested with 4 site caliper at 16%. LIttle lower with 3 site that does thigh also.

Not sure if AMAZON QUEEN is the look I am going for!!:D

I think I like the look of the figure girls more, but honestly think that if I get lean enough for my lower half to look tight, then my body would look more like a body builder. Also, afraid that when I do get my lower half leaner, my calves will stay big and I will look kinda like Popeye!!

Oops inadvertantly put my foot in my mouth again. Sorry was interjecting my own personal ideal and it was meant as a compliment. I wish you luck in whatever it is that you ultimately decide to do. But you look so strong. Have you ever considered competitive weight lifting?

OD

That is ok- I don't really mind, just think it is kinda funny! All the weight lifters (competitive, that is) look kinda fat and big- I want lean and hot....

IML Gear Cream!
Nina....don't sweat the lower half. It comes! You have a good foundation already set, just have to polish it up.

You could do either one.

thanks-I will take your advice and work a little more on the upper half to balance the lower, and see what happens!!

Originally posted by Nina
No- I have never been to a show- have seen clips of them on tv, but that is about it....

you have to go to at least one show, including prejudging, before you enter one or you will be lost.

Ok- that is the plan then, I will go to the show in June, and then plan on entering one after that.

Back