• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

to tone?

JoeR.

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Recently since my gains have been great, people have noticed and ask for advice. Until now its been guys asking how to get ripped, but today a girl asked me what to do to get toned. I was like...I will get back to you. I know how to lift and eat to get big, not toned.

Her main goals are to lose bf and get toned. I told her 70% of that is diet which we are working on, but I wasnt sure what kind of lifting or cardio to have her do. Should she try HIIT or long distance running/biking and such? I was leaning toward long distance. Also how often?

What kind of lifting should she do to get toned? I would guess mabye 2 or 3 full body workouts a week, her goal isnt to build muscle but I figure once she trims off the fat it would be good to have some shapely muscle plus it would increase her bm.

yeah, full body workouts with lots of isolation exercises. And high reps 15-20 with lighter weight

Originally posted by phantom939
yeah, full body workouts with lots of isolation exercises. And high reps 15-20 with lighter weight

wrong...there are no "toning" exercises

I agree with LAM!! those "toning exercises" are TOTALLY overrated!!! myths myths myths!!
if she wants to reshape her body, see defintion, leaner, tighter, less bodyfat- have her train heavy and intense with weights! :cool:

Originally posted by JoeR.
Recently since my gains have been great, people have noticed and ask for advice. Until now its been guys asking how to get ripped, but today a girl asked me what to do to get toned. I was like...I will get back to you. I know how to lift and eat to get big, not toned.

Her main goals are to lose bf and get toned. I told her 70% of that is diet which we are working on, but I wasnt sure what kind of lifting or cardio to have her do. Should she try HIIT or long distance running/biking and such? I was leaning toward long distance. Also how often?

What kind of lifting should she do to get toned? I would guess mabye 2 or 3 full body workouts a week, her goal isnt to build muscle but I figure once she trims off the fat it would be good to have some shapely muscle plus it would increase her bm.

yea yea! thats y i want muscle...........2 increase my bm or is bmi? whatever. i know it means ur metabolism is up even when ur resting:D what exactly r those letters and what do they stand 4? <<<lost/feeling stupid

The purpose of high reps, and short rest periods, is to keep the heart rate elevated similar to cardio. So something like circuit training, or simply lowering rest periods to 30 seconds and doing higher reps if they wish, would be of some small benefit.

Re: Re: to tone?

Originally posted by chiquita6683
what exactly r those letters and what do they stand 4? <<<lost/feeling stupid

High Intensity Interval Training.

Re: Re: Re: to tone?

Originally posted by Mudge
High Intensity Interval Training.
no no i meant bm/bmi? or whatever i was trying to talk about :gosh:
btw i havent read the link posted above, yet
but i know what HIT means, i think......damn this is y this goal indimidated the shit outa me be4, i dont/cant remember anything about it, but after alot of time it becomes like 2nd nature sooo.....

im doing good right?! cmon tell me im not stupid, like 1a those fat dumb chicks (that has absolutely nothing wrong w them) that goes to the gym 4 the first time!

Ahhhh!

ty Joe! very informative and insightful! just what i needed to learn! now if i can just member it! i think i have read it be4 :gosh: idk maybe not!

I think BMI is full of shit, according to that me at 150lbs and 9% bf would have an index of 25. Which according to that scale is overwieght, that scale is for the typical muscleless american only.

Its for couch potatos. Canada uses it to determine obesity however, they dont pay attention to bodyfat percentage.

Back