• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

colostrum and IGF-1???

CarguyJB163

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello all,

A friend was telling me about a supplement named Colostrum and how it increases IGF-1, (an Insulin-like growth factor, where the IGF come from).

If anybody has taken this let me know and any info on what you gained or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CarguyJB163

Colostrum is the fluid that is found in a mammals breast milk.

I do not believe there was ever any evidence supporting colostrum being used by adults as a sports supplement.

I would not waste your money on it.

IGF-1 does help build muscle tissue...the hypothesis is that the gains you see from GH are actually due to IGF-1 stimulation/release.

As far as colostrum, while it probably does contain IGF-1 AT THE SOURCE when consumed from a breast, all colostrum supps are BOVINE colostrum, and usually are heat pressed into tablets.

Now, the problem is two-fold:
1. IGF-1 needs to be refrigerated to remain active.
2. All studies done on IGF-1 used injectables...IGF-1 is extremely expensive, and you could buy a new house for the cost of the gallon or so you would need to drink to achieve oral bio-efficacy.

The bottom line is that any claims of increasing IGF-1 levels in the body by taking bovine colostrum pills are false.

As Prince said, colostrum has been on the market for over a decade, and it's never lived up to any claims.

(Logically, if colostrum, a SUPER CHEAP substance, was able to boost IGF-1 levels, why would Professional BBrs and Researchers pay hundreds of dollars a MILLIGRAM for the IGF-1 injectable?)

Back