• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Will U please go home.

Big Smoothy

Windy City
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Will you please....go....the fuck.....back home.....

Refugees grapple with new home

By Tan Vinh
Seattle Times staff reporter

HARLEY SOLTES / THE SEATTLE TIMES
Meynun Abdalla, 5, looks at American magazines during her first visit to a Safeway store. She is among Bantu refugees from Somalia being resettled in the Seattle area, where virtually all aspects of life are foreign to them.

The education of a Somali Bantu family began with the flick of a light switch in a modest little apartment in Rainier Beach.
Dark rooms suddenly brightened, revealing objects that put the newly arrived refugees in awe: a stove that produced heat without firewood; a toilet with water coursing through it; a refrigerator with more food than they'd seen in an entire African resettlement camp.

Haji Shongolo, who arrived March 31 with his wife and four children, lacked any frame of reference to describe it, other than to say through a translator: "It just seems new. I don't know anything about America."

Now, with the recent easing of State Department restrictions on immigration imposed after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, between 13,000 and 15,000 Bantus are being allowed into the United States this year. It's the largest group of African refugees to come to this country, and among the most primitive.

Eucation: Because Somalia provides few schools in Bantu regions, many Bantus are illiterate, their children working on family farms instead of attending school.

Sources: The Associated Press, the U.S. State Department and the Cultural Orientation Resource Center

Many Bantus don't know how to turn a doorknob, use a pencil, boil water or brush their teeth ??? let alone read, write or speak English. About 30 have arrived in Washington in recent weeks, with about 300 expected to settle here by fall, mostly in King County.

The influx is posing challenges for resettlement agencies here, and for the Bantus themselves, many of whom have spent years struggling to survive in crowded resettlement camps in Kenya.

"They also are more rural than the average Somali, and they have less education," said Robert Johnson, regional director of the International Rescue Committee (IRC), a refugee agency in Pioneer Square that will resettle 70 Bantus.

Originally posted by Mr_Snafu

You are kind of like a cockroach, aren't you. :rolleyes:

and once again the U.S. is the good guy trying to do good for the world. This will probably be used somehow to hate the U.S. :(

but nonetheless we keep trying :thumb:

I am serious. Spend the money on helping current - current - American citizens get vocational or educational aid. Anything, but this.

Originally posted by Mr_Snafu
You are a seriously stoopid dumbfvck. WTF is your motherfvcking problem that you feel you get to judge what is best or not best for a certain person or group of people?

Let me tell your ignorant ass something. Unless you're 100 fvcking percent American Indian that can trace your fvcking roots all the way to the crossing of the Bering Straits, you need to seriously STFU because you yourself are an immigrant pal! I dont personaly give a flying fvck if its your "right" to free speech that has you pushing this idiocy, you are abusing that priveledge because you're NOT giving thought to what the fvck you say before you say it! Ive read your other posts and you're as asinine as they come in those too.

Im a fvcking immigrant myself, you sunofabich. I grew up to become a productive member of society, went to the military during Desert Shield VOLUNTARILY, all without even being a goddam citizen! With nothing to gain whatsofvcking ever! Why? Cause I know how to show my gratitude for this country, unlike you you sorry sack of imbicility! The only thing I have ever allowed myself to take advantage of was financial aid for school. I became quite wealthy at a young age too mutherfvcker, so you can take that and shove it up your nazi ass too.

I bet my life - I'll put that in all caps - I BET MY LIFE that those immigrants that you're telling to go home will produce more for this society that you ever will because I bet you're a fvcking coward. Everyone like you is a fvcking coward. People like you always spout bullshit at every given opportunity no matter what, all under the pretense of "patriotism". Thats all you fvcking do. Tell us all just what the hell you've ever done to produce in a positive manner for this country. Besides just holding a job and paying your taxes, that is. Thats everyone's duty and priveledge.

You better be glad that this is not my forum or your ass would have been banned from the get go. And dont fvcking start about how you wouldnt care to get banned because you obviously like it here or you wouldnt come. If I felt that I could get you banned, believe me, I'd already be putting in my vote to Robert. But I cant and I have to live with that if I want to continue coming here. But believe me, I will be praying to whatever gods will listen that they shut you TFU in any way possible and by whatever means neccessary.

It absolutely KILLS me to say this, but I'm more on Mr. Snafu's side than the opposition. No, I absolutely do NOT agree with Isolationism, but I DO believe charity begins at home. We all know we've taken on the role of the world's police force, whether that be a good thing or bad, I just don't think we need to also be the world's soup kitchen. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I look at the money we spent bringing these families over here, the money we still have to spend for them to intigrate in to our culture and I wonder if that money could have been better spent on people that are already here. :shrug:

Originally posted by ALBOB
It absolutely KILLS me to say this, but I'm more on Mr. Snafu's side than the opposition. No, I absolutely do NOT agree with Isolationism, but I DO believe charity begins at home. We all know we've taken on the role of the world's police force, whether that be a good thing or bad, I just don't think we need to also be the world's soup kitchen. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I look at the money we spent bringing these families over here, the money we still have to spend for them to intigrate in to our culture and I wonder if that money could have been better spent on people that are already here. :shrug:

Well see, I am one of those Christian scumbags that gives 10% to church/charities etc. I feel that this country has enormous wealth that we can share. It is just that too many people want so desperately to keep what they feel is theirs, and don't want to give away even a penny.

I am sure the world would be a much better place without us Christians going and killing everyone, and this is definately not addressed to Albob because I agree with him almost all the time.

It absolutely KILLS me to say this, but I'm more on Mr. Snafu's side than the opposition.
I agree. I hate to say it too, but Im with him on the general idea. Its his whole delivery and everything else about him that I find appalling and definately unpatriotic. Theres a difference between patriotism, and out and outright slamming people on the basis of priviledge. Its a priviledge to live here whether you're a citizen or not, and to stand up and say the things he says the way he says them just gives everything about him a bad smell. "Go home'? Where the fvck does he get the right to say that to anyone? Jessica Lynch in a "car accident"? Im not even gonna go there on that one. That one is just to idiotic to address. But if he choses to, Id like to se him say that at any army base.

Everything about Snafu just crawls my skin. Not that he cares, and not that I give a flying crap whether he does or not. He's on a soap box of priviledge, which any coward can stand up and use. It takes a man to take action. Where's his actions?

I'm not a huge fan of just allowing immigration across borders. I am of course a 3rd generation US Citizen... but regardless, I dont necessarily think it is a good idea to be the worlds soup kitchen as Albob stated. We have so much stuff left to do just to provide for our own citizens here in the US that we fail to do. I see old people that arent provided for, people with medical problems that cant afford to pay for them... etc... but we still take in additional people and strap ourselves a bit tighter. Ah well.

Originally posted by Eggs
I'm not a huge fan of just allowing immigration across borders. ... but regardless, I dont necessarily think it is a good idea to be the worlds soup kitchen as Albob stated. We have so much stuff left to do just to provide for our own citizens here in the US that we fail to do.
Agreed.

Originally posted by craig777
Well see, I am one of those Christian scumbags that gives 10% to church/charities etc. I feel that this country has enormous wealth that we can share. It is just that too many people want so desperately to keep what they feel is theirs, and don't want to give away even a penny.

I am sure the world would be a much better place without us Christians going and killing everyone, and this is definately not addressed to Albob because I agree with him almost all the time.

Yep, we usually agree..................................I think we're agreeing here too. You stated how much wealth we have and that we can share, I COMPLETELY agree. My only bone of contention is that I think we share too much with people outside our borders. Let's concentrate a bit more on our own people who are suffering first.

IML Gear Cream!
Our bums eat better than those refugees did before they came here.

Originally posted by Metal V Player
I agree. I hate to say it too, but Im with him on the general idea. Its his whole delivery and everything else about him that I find appalling and definately unpatriotic. Theres a difference between patriotism, and out and outright slamming people on the basis of priviledge. Its a priviledge to live here whether you're a citizen or not, and to stand up and say the things he says the way he says them just gives everything about him a bad smell. "Go home'? Where the fvck does he get the right to say that to anyone? Jessica Lynch in a "car accident"? Im not even gonna go there on that one. That one is just to idiotic to address. But if he choses to, Id like to se him say that at any army base.

Everything about Snafu just crawls my skin. Not that he cares, and not that I give a flying crap whether he does or not. He's on a soap box of priviledge, which any coward can stand up and use. It takes a man to take action. Where's his actions?

Sorry Mr. Snafu, he's got ya' here. Maybe if you'd tone down your hatred a bit people would actually listen to you for a change. :shrug:

Maybe if you'd tone down your hatred a bit people would actually listen to you for a change. :shrug:
Agreed. It was dishonorable of me, to myself, to let someone get to me that bad. I guess sometimes it takes someone on the outside to show you a mirror. Thanks.

International Rescue Committee (IRC)

I think you need to do a little research on where this money comes from before spouting your mouth Snafu.

We cant save the world y'know. While I agree legal immigration has always been Americas strength why would anyone think that we should be a country where anyone can come in, legality be damned. Thats whats happening here you know. You cant imagine all the immigrants, both legal and illegal, I have arrested for criminal activity.

Tellya what, you can give YOUR wealth away in your liberal crusade but just dont expect me to give MINE away. I am personaly sick of working till May every year to pay for the assorted pissing away of our wealth in every nook and cranny of this world. Having been to Africa more then a few times I can tell you Ive never seen a place both so full of promise and fucked at the same time. America should make an impact in Africa, but we should do it by exporting schools,AIDs money/drugs,hope, and most of all democracy. We cant allow our own country to be overan by the worlds masses.

We can save the world by exporting Democracy. Not by sending our wealth away and not by allowing reckless,illegal immigration. Im not anti-immigration. I see firsthand the way most of these people come to this country, are gratefull for it, work their asses off to better themselves, even allow their children to fight for it. I admire many of the legal immigrant communties. But we have to control it. Its madness not to.

Back to Africa, oh how my heart yearns for Africa. That is a place you visit once and it never leaves you. It breaks my heart to see it dieing like this. But you have to remember that just throwing money at it isnt going to help the average person. We have to force Democracy on these countrys, one way or another, to help these people..........take care/.........Rich

Originally posted by Metal V Player
Agreed. It was dishonorable of me, to myself, to let someone get to me that bad. I guess sometimes it takes someone on the outside to show you a mirror. Thanks.

Go back and delete this post!!! My comment about toning down the hatred was directed at Mr. Snafu. I showed your quote to reenforce my contention that if he wasn't such an asshole maybe we wouldn't treat him like one. Hell, he's gotten me mad enough to spit fire so I'd be the last person to criticize you. :D

Go back and delete this post!!! My comment about toning down the hatred was directed at Mr. Snafu.
Thank you ALBOB, *bows*, I understood completely that it was aimed at Snafu. But in reading and re-reading your post, I clearly saw where I had also stepped to that level of hatred and I did not like what I saw. I chose to look in the mirror, so to speak. Thats why I answered as I did. I let a coward get the best of me. Period.

But that does not mean I no longer want him banned. I do. I just dont have that power.

I agree with mr.snafu. He may be blunt/rude or whatever, but he is right. Why not bring people here that can actually be productive? Sure these people can, but it will be a looong time.

Originally posted by PreMier
I agree with mr.snafu. He may be blunt/rude or whatever, but he is right. Why not bring people here that can actually be productive? Sure these people can, but it will be a looong time.

I am sure they are more productive than most of us lazy ass Americans, it will actually be the opposite. They will work their asses off in the beginning and then take the examples set by the rest of us and start slacking off more and more.
:(

Of course any one of them could end up working a fast food drive thru window and piss off some fat ass who can't stand anyone with an accent, said fat ass will then drive away in a fluster and run over a daycare group crossing the street killing a 4 year old who had been working on the formula for the cure for cancer. So yea it might be a bad idea.

:eek:

I meant in a sence of education/mental, not physical production. You are right though, they will do the hard/gritty jobs that americans shy away from, then learn to abuse the system.

Back